My quest for finding the perfect MPV for my family

Ctaiwee

Have a feeling TS wants a sub 8 sec ride and wrapped the other criteria around it. Lol

It is the right decision, the best MPV for passengers is probably the Alphard but for driver, it really sucks. 

If TS' parents or in-laws don't stay with them, a full sized sedan would hv suffice, more fun to drive.  There is really no perfect MPV, only a compromised ride. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

(edited)

Bugger, I got caught…🤣

yes having to drive a MPV is already a compromise. Coming from a Coupé 

Edited by Ctaiwee
  • Haha! 4

My next thing I want to do is to “Zieng” the ride. VW wants 5K for their package . Spray painted wheels , front lip , back top spoiler and bottom fin.

anyone know any shop that will be the a good job. I saw these set from the and was think if anyone here will be able to install it or a local kit shop has this type of kit to fit the Sharan.

https://www.magnatuning.com/en/product/18240/VW-Sharan-2-Crono-Body-Kit

8DA8C35A-C738-4CFF-9486-4A6CCC080007.jpeg

48705584-90E6-4AD0-AEEB-402838D1FB15.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Ctaiwee said:

My next thing I want to do is to “Zieng” the ride. VW wants 5K for their package . Spray painted wheels , front lip , back top spoiler and bottom fin.

anyone know any shop that will be the a good job. I saw these set from the and was think if anyone here will be able to install it or a local kit shop has this type of kit to fit the Sharan.

i could point out the functional reasons why you shouldn’t do all these but i guess you are not interested to hear them…

😅🤣

• Haha! 6

44 minutes ago, Ctaiwee said:

Save the money, no matter how you zhng, an MPV wont look sporty, and wont drive like a coupe. You can still own a coupe, use the MPV for family outings. You can contine to own a coupe until one day you are convinced that a coupe is not needed before selling it off.  Otherwise you will keep thinking about coupe whenever you are driving your MPV.🤣🤣

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 4

(edited)

You are right, I shouldn’t. Even the 700hp sharan had nothing on it.

it will affect the way I park too, I like to head in and that is because it’s easier to take the stroller out from the boot and load the grocery after going to the supermarket . I know I get told off by my wife, saying that I’m lazy. But I told her it makes more sense instead of reverse parking and then try to take the stroller out between parked cars. 

Edited by Ctaiwee

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Ctaiwee said:

I agree that putting a child in the third row is not the safest if there is a rear end collision. But again , with if a family has more then 1  kid, one of them has to be at the back, because  most MPV won’t not have the middle seat In the 2nd row  fitted with IsoFix, it’s usually the side two nearest to the door, if you choose the  walk through like the Alphard, you can get to the 3rd row back seat, but if you don’t , there is no way to access the 3rd row back seats when the two child seats are fitted in the 2nd row. And as I point out, it’s harder also for the two 80year old to get to the back 3rd even if it’s the walk through type. 

Eh? 2nd row has 2 seats one isofix each.  Maybe if 3kids then one of them in 3rd row. 

(edited)

@Mkl22 no lah, middle seat of the sharan has 3 seats and all seats have isofix, so if have 2 kids still ok to get to the 3rd row seats . but most other MPV don’t have 3 individual seats in the 2nd row who have all isofix , usually only the two closest to the door has isofix. So If one has at least 2 kids, there is no way you can have access  to the 3rd row seats , if not driving a Sharan, because the others you need to push the 2nd row seat forward and fold them, with child seats fitted , there is no chance to fold.  So one kid has to go to the back for you to access the 3rd row seats if carrying a full house of people and hence the need for 3rd row isofix . 

Edited by Ctaiwee

8 hours ago, Ctaiwee said:

You are right, I shouldn’t. Even the 700hp sharan had nothing on it.

it will affect the way I park too, I like to head in and that is because it’s easier to take the stroller out from the boot and load the grocery after going to the supermarket . I know I get told off by my wife, saying that I’m lazy. But I told her it makes more sense instead of reverse parking and then try to take the stroller out between parked cars. 

Many of our car parks are not suitable or even impossible for head in because of the narrow drive ways , narrow parking lots and the lots are arranged in perpendicular to drive ways. In a  bad day if you have both cars parked very close to you at both sides, you will have problem reversing out your car out of the lot.

• Praise 1

On 10/2/2022 at 1:26 AM, SiLangKia said:

car was running fine, decided to replace it early cos the non renewable coe ends next sep. Kept both cars tgr for awhile until everyday kena niam then sell the twincharged lo, would have loved to keep it till the end cos anw only a short while left, but ok la still got value, sold it in end june w 15 months left for 14.5k

I still miss it tho, very raw and unfiltered, the current one too smooth and insulated, even after mods, haiz haha

Side track a little, I vividly remembered when I test drove the Golf GT when it was launched here in 2006, I was blown away by its response (almost no lag due to super charger at work once the car start moving), and the 7+ sec century sprint time. 

My bro bought the twin charged Jetta a year later and I have to say the drive and fuel consumption were much better than expected. A match made in heaven for it to be paired with the 6 speed DSG (wet) and yes, it is raw! 

I still miss the feel of a twin charged engine, but there is now very limited choice in the market. Maybe ehmm maybe... 

• Praise 6

Been driving the Nissan Serena for 3 years. Practical, fuel saving and not that ex compared to alphard. 

And the plus point is, 0-100 in 8 seconds. No problem going up north as well fetching my family with luggage and stroller in the boot.

Fuel consumption on a normal tank is about 800km+. On a very bad tank will be about 600-700km.

Serena FC.jpeg

• Praise 7

6 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Side track a little, I vividly remembered when I test drove the Golf GT when it was launched here in 2006, I was blown away by its response (almost no lag due to super charger at work once the car start moving), and the 7+ sec century sprint time. 

My bro bought the twin charged Jetta a year later and I have to say the drive and fuel consumption were much better than expected. A match made in heaven for it to be paired with the 6 speed DSG (wet) and yes, it is raw! 

I still miss the feel of a twin charged engine, but there is now very limited choice in the market. Maybe ehmm maybe... 

volvo t6 now is twincharged right? hehehehehehehe but ya miss the ea111 vw twincharger

• Praise 1

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

volvo t6 now is twincharged right? hehehehehehehe but ya miss the ea111 vw twincharger

its the T8. twin charged plus hybrid.... to me its gonna be a disaster when things break and its many things to break.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I’m picking up my baby and it’s raining so I discovered one feature that may be of note

some MPVs have a large rear opening and you can walk in and sit in the third or second row from the rear. With the hatch open it acts as a shelter to keep you and baby dry and you don’t need to get wet. And with a motorized rear opening you can close it from the inside. 
Nice 

• Praise 4

Twincharged

How you get thru the 3rd row? Unless it’s folded and the 2nd row are captain chairs. 
then it effectively becomes a 4 seater. 

↡ Advertisement