Gaps between cars when stationary!

RadX

2 hours ago, RadX said:

Saw this in fb and cannot agree more.

creates a bigger gap and thus slows traffic more.

there seems to be a larger gap between cars nowadays. More n more cars leaving gaps of 1-2 car lengths. What gives? Got ghost cars around us ah?

anyone noticed too?

10762F73-3B34-434A-89C2-8EFDE51F2BDA.jpeg

Sometime,because the Car's Start/Stop System Activated,when the Engine Stop,Driver don't to ''wake'' up the Engine to creep another 1-2 Meters & let the Engine die again.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I believe these are probably taught by the driving centres, since more and more ppl are getting their licences from these centres. 

And yes, I agree is annoying like F with the left and right turns, esp if you turn out from a business park to join the main road to turn right. 

And I don't believe is because of foreigners. In fact I see ah nehs and PRCs stop nearer from front cars at traffic lights. 

Mai smlj also blame foreigners. -_-

• Haha! 10

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Also those that move off at a right turn arrow slowly. Or see phone and then never move off. These turn arrow on times are sometimes so short. Really inconsiderate idiots. 
encountered one such idiot and by the time i horned him and he moved, the light change red and I was stuck for another cycle. Oh boy was I pissed! 

I wait for 2 seconds before I honk. Or if I can see the idiot's head looking down own his own kkj I honk too. 

• Haha! 8

Just now, Tianmo said:

I believe these are probably taught by the driving centres, since more and more ppl are getting their licences from these centres. 

And yes, I agree is annoying like F with the left and right turns, esp if you turn out from a business park to join the main road to turn right. 

And I don't believe is because of foreigners. In fact I see ah nehs and PRCs stop nearer from front cars at traffic lights. 

Mai smlj also blame foreigners. -_-

Sometimes too near until can see their nose hair😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Just now, Volvobrick said:

I wait for 2 seconds before I honk. Or if I can see the idiot's head looking down own his own kkj I honk too. 

Wait ppl say u horny 😂😂

• Haha! 4

Glad to see that I’m not the only one noticing such ungracious behavior on the roads, on top of the other run of the mill stuff like , no signals, hogging, etc

• Praise 2

Just now, Volvobrick said:

I honk when the vehicle beside me drifts within 10 cm of the dividing line too!

Same… knn these ppl can’t keep straight lines

and they dare look back at u… wtf

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, RadX said:

Glad to see that I’m not the only one noticing such ungracious behavior on the roads, on top of the other run of the mill stuff like , no signals, hogging, etc

Don't think they are ungracious like not letting you cut in. They are just c@ck drivers living in their own world oblivious of the surrounding, like equating slow reaction to safe driving. 

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, RadX said:

Sometimes too near until can see their nose hair😂

Yah man.

My last car, the back sensor was so sensitive that everytime at the traffic light if the hind car is too close it will keep crying, kan irritating. Once I had to alight and told the ah neh behind me to not follow so closely. <_<[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Don't think they are ungracious like not letting you cut in. They are just c@ck drivers living in their own world oblivious of the surrounding, like equating slow reaction to safe driving. 

They call this defensive driving.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, RadX said:

Saw this in fb and cannot agree more.

creates a bigger gap and thus slows traffic more.

there seems to be a larger gap between cars nowadays. More n more cars leaving gaps of 1-2 car lengths. What gives? Got ghost cars around us ah?

anyone noticed too?

10762F73-3B34-434A-89C2-8EFDE51F2BDA.jpeg

Just imagine someone coming hard and fast while you're stopped and rearending you while you keep as close as possible to the car in front of you to "save traffic space". You careen into the car in front of you. A simple "you claim the other bugger's insurance" becomes a nightmare scenario where you lose your NCD also because now the guy in front claims against you. That's all been guaranteed by the explicit BOLA - every car claims against the one behind. 

That's just the scenario of a two-car collision becoming a three-car mess. Now imagine everyone practises this. Guaranteed two-car collisions extending to n-car pileups and premiums up, up and away for one and all. 

Now, for the final piece of the nightmare, just imagine the arsehole rearending you is uninsured or drunk. You kena get claimed but you can't claim shit. 

When the general standard of driving is so deep in the shitter, I prefer to remain defensive, thank you very much. 

Mind you, 2 car lengths is ridiculous. But about 0.75 to 1 normal sedan length is not that crazy maybe. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 10

I have seen it quite a few times, both cars and vans, especially along Pasir Ris Drive 3. 

It is not one car length, it is easily more than two cars length. 

I try to know the reason for the big gap. Could it be the rear bumper sticker of the front car read " You kiss, you pay"? Or " Keep your distance"? 

It is understandable if the front vehicle is a laden one from RadX's company.🤐

• Haha! 5

4 hours ago, Hubwee said:

Ya these days a lot of these drivers …. Worst kind are those who leave huge gaps with car infront and hence block cars from the Turn Left  lane lo ….

Have honked at a few such cars but they just dun have awareness that they are blocking cars behind them …

That's wrong. Shouldn't block someone from legitimately going their own way if they're able to, e.g. via a slip road. Situational awareness and consideration are important. 

By the same token, some buggers will insist on not occupying the yellow box in a very infrequently exited junction while blocking (signalling) traffic that wants to turn left behind them. Sometimes, ignoring the law a bit is also important. The spirit of the yellow box is to avoid blocking traffic. Don't end up blocking traffic by following this law. Use some common sense lah! 

Edited by Turboflat4

Hypersonic

Dun like that lah. I also leave 1 car length gap at traffic lights ...

... cos my car too power from 0-100 so have to give space 😂😂😏

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 5

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

This one not only the driver is idiot but LTA is also idiot by setting such a short turn arrow at the traffic light. You must feedback to LTA liao? Lol. Some traffic light turn arrow indeed way too short, dont know why?

That's partly caused by idiots who can't judge other car's approach speed. Make a discretionary right turn, get t-boned by oncoming straight vehicles.

After several such occurrence, LTA had no choice but to remove discretionary right turns at many junctions and make it "arrow" regulated. But they can't keep the green arrow lighted up for normal interval because that would start to disrupt and delay traffic going straight. This is just a band-aid solution to prevent idiot drivers from killing themselves and others, and the traffic flow was never suited for it.

So whenever you see a blue sign saying there's a change in traffic light timing ...be prepared for a long wait for your turn to turn right.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4