174 die as tear gas triggers crush at Indonesia soccer match

Kb27

4 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Actually, what said is very sensitive... but it reminded me of clashes some 17-18 yr ago i think, of (if i'm not wrong, religious) clashes in Indon... it was horrible, and savage is not enough to describe them...

No whatsapp yet (fortunately), but Internet was still flooded with photos of how the rioters ambushed and killed one another. Even got chilling photos of people being beheaded and the rioters displaying their trophies... sick to the gut...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Mahjong74 said:

@Kb27 

It's a very sad incident and tragedy. RIP to those innocent!

Imagine 50 to 100 Police officer VS thousands of Rioters! And FIFA banned Police use of tear gas????? I don't see anything wrong with Indo Police using tear gas. 

So FIFA expects the 50 to 100 Police officers to just give "verbal warning" or "Sweet talk" these thousands of Rioters to behave properly? 

Strongly suggest Indonesia Police to learn from peace loving country like USA, China or North Korea on the way they deal with rioters / protesters. 

Reported 2 police died too.

"Sampai Mati". 1512790611_Indonesianfootballtragedy.thumb.jpg.3de9662cdafcde9c0310061e1cc37039.jpg

But from the videos it dont looked like ppl rushing anywhere. Mostly still standing at their seats and see whatever unfolds.

My goodness so many children fall victim.

At least 32 children died in Indonesia stadium disaster, police chief sacked

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/least-32-children-died-indonesia-stadium-disaster-police-chief-sacked-2981991

MALANG: At least 32 children died in Indonesia's stadium crush, an official said Monday (Oct 3), as police moved to punish those responsible for one of the deadliest disasters in football history.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Sad 2

Supercharged

https://www.espn.com.sg/soccer/story/4760352/indonesian-government-launch-probe-into-tear-gas-firing-at-football-matchremove-police-chief

An Indonesian police chief and nine elite officers were removed from their posts on Monday, and 18 others were being investigated for responsibility in the firing of tear gas inside a football stadium that set off a stampede, killing at least 125 people, officials said.

22 hours ago, Mahjong74 said:

@Kb27 

It's a very sad incident and tragedy. RIP to those innocent!

Imagine 50 to 100 Police officer VS thousands of Rioters! And FIFA banned Police use of tear gas????? I don't see anything wrong with Indo Police using tear gas. 

So FIFA expects the 50 to 100 Police officers to just give "verbal warning" or "Sweet talk" these thousands of Rioters to behave properly? 

Strongly suggest Indonesia Police to learn from peace loving country like USA, China or North Korea on the way they deal with rioters / protesters. 

It simply means that organizer need to ensure there is sufficient force size on the ground that can handle a riot without the use of traditional hard means like tear gas.

31 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

It simply means that organizer need to ensure there is sufficient force size on the ground that can handle a riot without the use of traditional hard means like tear gas.

@Gizmore 

1 against 1? or 1 against 2? 😁 

or 1 against 10 like Ip Man? 😁

40,000 people watching soccer match in Stadium, organiser should station 20,000 Police officer or 40,000 Police officer??? 🤣

or engage 4000 Ip Man equivalent  Police officer against 40,000 crowd? 

Or before every soccer match, to consult a senior Bomoh whether any violence going to take place and the estimated number of Rioters? 😁

bomohkelapa_0.jpg

download.jpg

Edited by Mahjong74
  • Haha! 1

Paper talk only one lah. U see what they were doing. If u were the police there, u would not have fired tear gas? I don't believe it. 

They were overturning police vehicles... Setting things on fire. This is not an innocent light some flares pitch invasion. 

Its tragic. But the people who were directly involved in the riot should all be charged with manslaughter to be fair. Unfortunately it's probably those people in the terraces watching the show that paid the price. 

Of course all these is just based on the few video recordings. If the community really is fair, They should lynch those stupid goons who started the rioting. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5

17 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Paper talk only one lah. U see what they were doing. If u were the police there, u would not have fired tear gas? I don't believe it. 

They were overturning police vehicles... Setting things on fire. This is not an innocent light some flares pitch invasion. 

Its tragic. But the people who were directly involved in the riot should all be charged with manslaughter to be fair. Unfortunately it's probably those people in the terraces watching the show that paid the price. 

Of course all these is just based on the few video recordings. If the community really is fair, They should lynch those stupid goons who started the rioting. 

Learn the Singaporean style.

Step one side and take video. 

• Haha! 1

On 10/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, Atrecord said:

Actually, what said is very sensitive... but it reminded me of clashes some 17-18 yr ago i think, of (if i'm not wrong, religious) clashes in Indon... it was horrible, and savage is not enough to describe them...

No whatsapp yet (fortunately), but Internet was still flooded with photos of how the rioters ambushed and killed one another. Even got chilling photos of people being beheaded and the rioters displaying their trophies... sick to the gut...

Yes there were various mass riots in different countries during past decades but Indon was the worst in memory. Beheading another human being takes a different level of savagery compared with normal violence. And ironically they are a so-called religious country.

Edited by Jellandross

Read somewhere amongst the reasons are locked doors and steep staircases. We should also be mindful because the locked doors were very common during COVID-19 lockdown where most entrances/exits were closed to reduce manpower on screening. 

↡ Advertisement