Singapore Reckless Drivers XIII

DOBIEMKZ

10 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

Wet weather condition ride so faster. Asking for trouble and there you have it.

rider was quite fast initially but already slowed down quite a bit when approaching the junction and saw that car signal and start to filter to lane 1. 

the fact is that car changed lane in a dangerous manner. And it did it too slowly. If it had changed lane quickly and moved ahead, the bike would have enough space. But the car did it in the typical idiotic style... take own sweet time to change lane and coast slowly into the new lane. 

some drivers are either oblivious to road traffic or think they can bully other smaller vehicles into giving way. 

• Praise 5

Driver never see.

All he see is die die I must go lane 1.

:D

1 hour ago, Shibadog said:

rider was quite fast initially but already slowed down quite a bit when approaching the junction and saw that car signal and start to filter to lane 1. 

the fact is that car changed lane in a dangerous manner. And it did it too slowly. If it had changed lane quickly and moved ahead, the bike would have enough space. But the car did it in the typical idiotic style... take own sweet time to change lane and coast slowly into the new lane. 

some drivers are either oblivious to road traffic or think they can bully other smaller vehicles into giving way. 

14 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Unless this cowprick is jailed 10 years or 15 years, people will continue to drink and drive. 

the victim is AMDK, sure kana 9696

the driver thought he can escape road blocks by going home at 6am but didn't expect to get into more serious trouble. Deep shit this fella is in.

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Unless this cowprick is jailed 10 years or 15 years, people will continue to drink and drive. 

I doubt it will be 10 yrs. 

Repeated offence on drink & drive will be license disqualification, fine and squatting not more than 2yrs. 

Repeated offence on Hit and run will be fine and squatting not more than 2 yrs. 

The guy might serve 2 offences con currently... worst if judge wakes up wrong side of the bed, will waste tax payers money for 4-6 yrs.   

Civil claim is most likely.... 

Edited by jcmm

I am not a lawyer but this is what I found in the  Road Traffic Act, it states that :

If death is caused to another person by the driving of a motor vehicle by the offender, the offender shall be punished with the following on conviction of an offence under subsection (1):
(a)with imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years and not more than 8 years;

(b)where the person is a repeat offender, with imprisonment for a term of not less than 4 years and not more than 15 years;

(c)where the offender is a serious offender in relation to the driving, with imprisonment for a term of not less than one year and not more than 2 years, in addition to any punishment under paragraph (a) or (b);

(d)where the offender is a serious repeat offender in relation to the driving, with imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years and not more than 4 years, in addition to any punishment under paragraph (a) or (b).

7 minutes ago, kermitfm said:

I am not a lawyer but this is what I found in the  Road Traffic Act, it states that :

If death is caused to another person by the driving of a motor vehicle by the offender, the offender shall be punished with the following on conviction of an offence under subsection (1):
(a)with imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years and not more than 8 years;

(b)where the person is a repeat offender, with imprisonment for a term of not less than 4 years and not more than 15 years;

(c)where the offender is a serious offender in relation to the driving, with imprisonment for a term of not less than one year and not more than 2 years, in addition to any punishment under paragraph (a) or (b);

(d)where the offender is a serious repeat offender in relation to the driving, with imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years and not more than 4 years, in addition to any punishment under paragraph (a) or (b).

That is Sec 64 Reckless driving.

There is also Sec 65 driving without due care which has imprisonment of up to 3 years.

Depends on which 1 the fella is being charged.

27 minutes ago, kermitfm said:

I doubt will be 64. If going by 67 and 84, will be lighter punishment... again depends on the prosecutor.

Of cause we will want heavier punishment for driver who dun bother about others life.

51 minutes ago, jcmm said:

I doubt it will be 10 yrs. 

Repeated offence on drink & drive will be license disqualification, fine and squatting not more than 2yrs. 

Repeated offence on Hit and run will be fine and squatting not more than 2 yrs. 

The guy might serve 2 offences con currently... worst if judge wakes up wrong side of the bed, will waste tax payers money for 4-6 yrs.   

Civil claim is most likely.... 

that's why no deterrent effects on the potential drink drivers. 

3 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

We should make it, "Voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons". 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

the victim is AMDK, sure kana 9696

the driver thought he can escape road blocks by going home at 6am but didn't expect to get into more serious trouble. Deep shit this fella is in.

If rich maybe can get away scot free 

6 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Using punishment has zero deterrent effects.  Someone reminded me of death sentence for drug trafficking.

There should be more road blocks nowadays POST COVID.

The roadblocks should be 10pm to 7am.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, jcmm said:

We should make it, "Voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons". 

it's manslaughter. 

to have real deterrence, I think impound the vehicle for speeding (eg more than 30km/h above speed limits) and reckless/dangerous driving for 1 to 2 years plus mandatory jail term. Not just confiscating for illegal road racing.

and if foreigners, then ban them from visiting/working for a certain number if years too. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 4