Singapore Reckless Drivers XIII

DOBIEMKZ

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

So Singapore road rule is if only there's U turn sign at junction then can U turn right?

Got U turn sign - YES but can choose NO

No sign - NO but can choose YES

Got NO U turn sign - same as the one directly above 😁

Can do anything...just pay the price when got caught...but then many owe ah gong speeding and road tax summons also boh hiu...😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

That time was because of MRT construction but already completed still like that. What is wrong? Maybe traffic lights timing need to adjust.

Because the junction have quite long waiting time to clear vehicles from each direction. 

For this direction to city, it's the 1st traffic light after Balmoral road. 

The cars from viaduct can build up very quickly for a 3-4mins junction.

16 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I think to be clear:

along any road with double white lines on your right = no crossing over at all times,

along a single lane road with single continuous or broken continuous white line on your right means you can cross over, either to overtake or to execute a 3-point turn to ke belakang pusing to the opposite direction when it’s clear and safe to do so. Note: 3-point turn hor, not U-turn.

U-turn is where cars ke belakang pusing where there’s a U-turn sign indicating you are allowed to do so, when the roads are separated by dividers (raised concrete with or without fence)

huh? u mean if "along a single lane road with single continuous or broken continuous white line on your right", i can stop in the lane, heck care the cars behind me who probably weren't expecting anyone to stop there, wait for opposite lane to be clear and do a 3 point turn? 

also, why not u-turn (if the lane is wide enough and the car/bike can do it)?

16 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

Still some "no U turn" signs displayed!

Hardly see them on the road. Maybe must pay more attention now onward. 😁

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Whenever i see these signs, it feels like take off pants to fart

😂

The classic joke.

Fuel gauge. E=enough. F=fill

"No u turn" sign mean no u turn.

No see "no u turn" sign mean can u turn. 🤣

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 5

9 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The classic joke.

Fuel gauge. E=enough. F=fill

"No u turn" sign mean no u turn.

No see "no u turn" sign mean can u turn. 🤣

In Singapore, as long as there is NO "U-turn is allowed" sign, it is NOT allowed.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In Singapore, as long as there is NO "U-turn is allowed" sign, it is NOT allowed.

Yes. This rule applies to Singapore. 

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Shibadog said:

huh? u mean if "along a single lane road with single continuous or broken continuous white line on your right", i can stop in the lane, heck care the cars behind me who probably weren't expecting anyone to stop there, wait for opposite lane to be clear and do a 3 point turn? 

also, why not u-turn (if the lane is wide enough and the car/bike can do it)?

I said when it’s clear and safe to do so.

meaning to say, no car in front or behind you, then execute the 3-pt turn.

clear?

today a car in left lane (meant to go straight and exit gantry) suddenly made a right turn into a MSCP, cutting across double white lines to do so.

i happened to be in the right lane, abt to turn into the carpark. On my motorbike.

the car almost hit my front wheel as it cut across my intended path.

fortunately i had already slowed down as i recalled that the car had entered the gantry area at the same time as i did, so it was a bit strange for the car to exit immediately. 

chased the car up the MSCP and saw it was an older lady driver with a kid in the front seat. Likely her grandchild. Clueless driver. Should be taken off the roads. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I said when it’s clear and safe to do so.

meaning to say, no car in front or behind you, then execute the 3-pt turn.

clear?

no not clear, unfortunately.

when u make a turn or u-turn at a junction, do u check that there's no car behind u before making the turn? why this time so special need to check rear clear?

and kindly clarify why must be 3 pt turn not a u-turn.

9 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

no not clear, unfortunately.

when u make a turn or u-turn at a junction, do u check that there's no car behind u before making the turn? why this time so special need to check rear clear?

and kindly clarify why must be 3 pt turn not a u-turn.

Because at a junction, emphasise “junction”.. people behind will anticipate the front driver to either go straight, turn left, turn right or u turn. Emphasise.. “anticipate” for the very reason that it is a junction.

whereas on a normal road, the driver behind would not expect anyone in front to suddenly execute a three point turn.. and any safe driver in front would not do silly things like this to endanger the rear drivers. so in that situation, in a non junction, be safe and check clear (front and back) first before doing a 3 point turn back.

This is common sense leh.. unless one doesn’t have.

As to why 3-pt turn and not u-turn, you wanna be pedantic and nitpick, so be it. If your car is nimble enough to have such a small turning radius to do a u-turn on a single lane road into another direction, good for you. My car can’t do it, and neither the EK Civic that I learnt driving with can.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2