Singapore Reckless Drivers XIII

DOBIEMKZ

5 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Cam car don't have give way in their dictionary?

why should be the cam car giving way? When the merc was alongside him, the merc didnt show any signal. And the merc only want to quickly change lane cos got bus blocking lane 1.

The cam car slowed down is because the van in front suddenly slowed down and signaled right. 

no reason for the cam car to give way actually. It was never safe for the merc to pass.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

27 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

why should be the cam car giving way? When the merc was alongside him, the merc didnt show any signal. And the merc only want to quickly change lane cos got bus blocking lane 1.

The cam car slowed down is because the van in front suddenly slowed down and signaled right. 

no reason for the cam car to give way actually. It was never safe for the merc to pass.

If i was cam car, i will give way la..  Give him chance

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

As per rules, yes. But, cam car could be more courtesious by giving way. If we see the whole video, cam car's intention was "do not give way even if he dies"

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

I totally agree. On the expressways, I always give way to merging cars when it is jammed / standstill. But I get honked from behind lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

31 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Err I wouldn't. Neither would I expect the cam car to give way. 

To brake check is sibei low class. No sympathy. 

• Praise 7

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

got 2 idiots on the road, thats why have video to talk about

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

got 2 idiots on the road, thats why have video to talk about

I don't agree. The cam car never sped up to prevent the other guy from cutting in. It's just that guy should have never cut in from that position in the first place. 

• Praise 5

7 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Cam car don't have give way in their dictionary?

this GLC driver is a dick lah.

wanna change lane, make sure the lane is clear. signalling doesn't give him the right of way. 

this type likely is those "must cut in front of me" type of driver, even when there's no car behind me where he can safely change lane without inconveniencing anyone.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Steptronic said:

I totally agree. On the expressways, I always give way to merging cars when it is jammed / standstill. But I get honked from behind lol.

I would give way as well. 😀 

More frequent occurrences should be those on accident lane. Sometimes need to give them the "friendly" beam or light hone to cut in. 😁

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

if it was me, I will assess the situation.

if I dun have to brake in order to let him come in (ie: just lift off throttle), it is fine.. cos it means i'm a distance away and speeding up to prevent him from cutting in will make me a cbkia.

but if he's only half car length in front of me and suddenly want to signal and cut me out like in the video, I'd do the same as the video owner.

and most cars, they don't want to slow down and change lane behind me even when it's clear behind me. they die die must go in front and cut in then they feel song.. and then hog the lane 🙄

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 5

go in zipper formation, its the best approach. each car give way to 1 car and let them join in. 

have to be fair to all the cars behind also.. cos if u one shot let too many cars in, you are effectively delaying all those behind too.

and if i see someone behind me suddenly swing out to go into the merging lane and try to cut in front, I'll be a similar dick as him and block him.

yes i am not a saint on the road, to cb drivers.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

As per rules, yes. But, cam car could be more courtesious by giving way. If we see the whole video, cam car's intention was "do not give way even if he dies"

i see it differently.

by not speeding up immediately to block the van from changing lane, he is already driving at his normal speed and it so happened that the merc is beside him.

i don't think he in this case is going to "not give way even if he dies".

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

i'll just change lane behind the cam car if its clear.

i never expect anyone to give way to me at such short notice.

even when merging into expressway, if no one wants to give way.. so be it. i wait until someone does (and wave my thanks), or when it's clear.

its only basic courtesy not to impose on others just to ensure a smooth passage for myself.

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

i'll just change lane behind the cam car if its clear.

i never expect anyone to give way to me at such short notice.

even when merging into expressway, if no one wants to give way.. so be it. i wait until someone does (and wave my thanks), or when it's clear.

its only basic courtesy not to impose on others just to ensure a smooth passage for myself.

when drive, always protect yourself and your family

but many always go with the book like i have the right of way … i cheong regardless … then either bang other car or kena bang 

either way it is not a good ending

even you have to brake and give way to cheongster … so be it .. why ruin your day … 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

Just now, Wt_know said:

when drive, always protect yourself and your family

but many always go with the book like i have the right of way … i cheong regardless … then either bang other car or kena bang 

either way it is not a good ending

even you have to brake and give way to cheongster … so be it .. why ruin your day … 

I fully agree with u!

But.. I never speed up to block people (unless I see dicks behind me swing out and attempt to cut queue).

I don't always insist i have right of way.

Just that there will be certain times where i just need to be a dick to counter a dick.

I am only human.

But yes, safety to family and self is paramount [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

go in zipper formation, its the best approach. each car give way to 1 car and let them join in. 

have to be fair to all the cars behind also.. cos if u one shot let too many cars in, you are effectively delaying all those behind too.

and if i see someone behind me suddenly swing out to go into the merging lane and try to cut in front, I'll be a similar dick as him and block him.

yes i am not a saint on the road, to cb drivers.

Most people can't even be bothered to raise up their arm to wave an acknowledgement of thanks, even if u stop for them. Not that I'm looking for it, but even then maybe 40-50% only will bother to do so. 

So yeah I am no Saint on the road. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2