Paid full in cash, literally; Customer Buys Honda Motorbike With Coins Only & Salesgirls Take 20 Minutes To Count It All

DOBIEMKZ

Customer Buys Honda Motorbike With Coins Only & Salesgirls Take 20 Minutes To Count It All

https://says.com/my/fun/customer-buys-motorbike-with-coins-only-salesgirls-20-minutes-count?fbclid=IwAR1R4nwjybHoXY0EQmxl3CFXfSyOcvtHNydpJ6Dv7LkWfFC1TRa8ZHrYgfY

"We're happy to count them all for no additional charge!"

By Wayne Garreth — 04 Oct 2022, 03:01 PM

1972414586_CustomerboughtmotorcyclepaysfullincoinsScreenshot(146).thumb.png.2da3e19149446c4cfeec30d4b5819710.png

Penny for your thoughts? A recent purchase made at a motorbike store in Thailand has gone viral for a rather unbelievable reason.

Akhom Charoen Honda Motorcycles, a motorcycle shop located in the province of Chon Buri in Eastern Thailand, published a photo to their Facebook page on 25 September of their employees sitting on the ground counting coins. 

"Guess how many coins there are?" the beginning of the caption for the photo read. "The customer told me he saved up every day to buy the [Honda] PCX160 in cash! Excellent! We enjoyed counting."

Yeah, you guessed that right. One person paid for an entire new motorbike for himself using just coins.

image.thumb.png.21e793c58e579770cc79d42c058bf4c5.png

The employees of Akhom Charoen Honda Motorcycles counting coins for the purchase of the Honda PCX160.

It was later revealed that the employees of Akhom Charoen counted a whopping THB102,500 (approximately RM12,577) in coins

In a conversation with Thai digital media platform, Sanook, a sales representative of the motorcycle store, who goes by Suwanna Chunram, stated that the customer had called them earlier to ask if he could pay for the PCX160 using coins, to which she said yes.

The customer then came in on the afternoon of 25 September carrying two boxes of coins for the staff to count. Chunram had called on more staff members to work that day to assist in counting all the coins.

image.png.7516eb4e14644f32aceb5bae75d1775d.png

On top of that, it was reported that the employees only took 20 minutes to count all of the THB102,500 (RM12,577) and a separate registration fee

However, it was also stated that the purchaser had already segregated his coins to small bags of THB100 (approximately RM12) within the boxes.

According to Chunram, no customer has ever made an entire purchase that big in the store's history. The closest they had was a down payment made for a bike which amounted to THB1,500 (approximately RM185) in coins, though the remainder was not.

Regardless of the method of payment, Chunram also stated that all customers are welcome to present their money to be counted by the staff, without any deductions or additional charges for the effort.

image.png.5aeac569d360623a1b39bbbc9390dac6.png

The unnamed customer with his new Honda PCX160.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

57 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Don't repeat this stunt here. There is a limit of 20 coins

We are a country of self-declared elites mah. 😁

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Full cash! Salute from MCF 💪🏼👏🏼🫡

The thai fella muz hv been surfing MCF n learnt from our sifu. Well done

• Haha! 2

32 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Full cash! Salute from MCF 💪🏼👏🏼🫡

He could be a MCFer in Thailand. So must full cash ma.

• Haha! 2

last time my friend brought all his piggy banks to AD also kena rejected

errr is it coin never stamped legal tender unlike notes huh

🙊🙉🙈 

PS. He brought 20 piggy banks in total 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

I still full cash for my kopi...sometimes would get the glare when I included 2 5c...lots of stock to clear...😁

heng you neber give 1 cents tun kia 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

He saving up since small boy?

:D

Might be inherited ?

Spent to buy motorbike so no need to pay inheritance tax...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1