Alfa showroom shuts, Komoco set to take over distributorship next year

BabyBlade

44 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Oh yes, to add on, soooo many mechanical bits on the 159 macham made of glass... All are "expected to break/spoil/require replacement" within XXX km... 

Selespeed GB also playing roulette everytime at traffic light or putting into reverse. ai mai ai mai... dashboard can show gear "1" but step gas car not moving.  

Check engine light also happily every few days will appear... such a PITA

For alfisti, that's 'character' hor

Who wants a soulless car that works? Jeez

↡ Advertisement

People who buy alfas are rich and passionate people 👍 , because they have  another car as their back up on standby as the Alfa’s end up visiting workshops very often, much more than even other of so reliable  conti brands 😁😁 I think. 

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

People who buy alfas are rich and passionate people 👍 , because they have  another car as their back up on standby as the Alfa’s end up visiting workshops very often, much more than even other of so reliable  conti brands 😁😁 I think. 

No, they are just delusional. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Soya said:

For alfisti, that's 'character' hor

Who wants a soulless car that works? Jeez

that's what they will tell themselves

The SUV looks pretty decent.

Wonder what kind of prices for the last remaining units. If its an offer too good to refused , there going to be buyers like the last few outgoing stinger 2.0 

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Blueray said:

there is a popular Alfa workshop at Sin Ming. they seem to be able to service even the older models.

that's how i know that row of sin ming coffee shops so well.

• Haha! 6

6 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

This review?

Or this review?

https://jalopnik.com/the-alfa-romeo-giulia-is-the-perfect-unreliable-italian-1796883384

Or this one?

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/03/consumer-reports-2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-ti-basically-lives-dealer-service-bay/

Or this?

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/first-drive-review-2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-2/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-SundayTimesDriving-_-20160516-_-Driving-_-470274143-_-Imageandlink&linkId=24540857

Or...

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15092175/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-20t-rwd-test-review/

Modern Alfa build quality is a joke and they are treating new buyers as guinea pigs. 

I had a 159, not even that old and I can't even order brand new engine mounts from the factory. So badly put together even the factory gave up on their cars. Also first car I had drive halfway the roof light can drop off. 

The only time Alfas are great is when they are working properly which sadly doesn't last. 

KMC manual Accent.

Handbrake button dropped off.

Entertainment system keep flashing "please calibrate" even when the car engine is on.

Aircon blow hot air

:D

• Haha! 2

I have been a Giulia owner for coming 3 years.

My chat groups and “concerned friends” have been talking about it.

A lot of keyboard warriors on Facebook only left scathing and most of the time unsubstantiated comments about the brand in general.

I have had no issues from my car, daily driven (except during Covid lockdown).

Only had a battery replaced in Year 2 under warranty.

The past generation Alfas like the 159 has its fair share of problems. I know cos I owned one bought new for close to 5 years.

I also had a 3.2L Busso Alfa GT for close to a year before I decided not to renew its COE.

The bad rep about reliability is so yesterday… but I cannot blame disgruntled ex owners who keep harping on their bad experiences.

But do me a favour, say things based on current context. It’s like it’s not fair to say a current MOE teacher sucks just because he/she scored low 200s for PSLE.

It doesn’t make sense but then again.. unlike the more intelligent or high EQ folks who have something to say… most people nowadays just want to say something. It’s not like their views or blogs are fantastic anyway.

EA service centre’s attitude and proficiency has improved as compared to the previous team. It’s sad that people have lost jobs, but hopefully they land better ones next.

Like what shrjun said, it doesn’t matter who sells it. An Alfa lover will buy one no matter what.

We are passionate about our “crap” cars, and we feel proud to own one no matter which dealer sells it.

• Praise 20

2 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I have been a Giulia owner for coming 3 years.

My chat groups and “concerned friends” have been talking about it.

A lot of keyboard warriors on Facebook only left scathing and most of the time unsubstantiated comments about the brand in general.

I have had no issues from my car, daily driven (except during Covid lockdown).

Only had a battery replaced in Year 2 under warranty.

The past generation Alfas like the 159 has its fair share of problems. I know cos I owned one bought new for close to 5 years.

I also had a 3.2L Busso Alfa GT for close to a year before I decided not to renew its COE.

The bad rep about reliability is so yesterday… but I cannot blame disgruntled ex owners who keep harping on their bad experiences.

But do me a favour, say things based on current context. It’s like it’s not fair to say a current MOE teacher sucks just because he/she scored low 200s for PSLE.

It doesn’t make sense but then again.. unlike the more intelligent or high EQ folks who have something to say… most people nowadays just want to say something. It’s not like their views or blogs are fantastic anyway.

EA service centre’s attitude and proficiency has improved as compared to the previous team. It’s sad that people have lost jobs, but hopefully they land better ones next.

Like what shrjun said, it doesn’t matter who sells it. An Alfa lover will buy one no matter what.

We are passionate about our “crap” cars, and we feel proud to own one no matter which dealer sells it.

Waiting for u to come in

hows things? All gd?

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, RadX said:

Waiting for u to come in

hows things? All gd?

Yes Sir life has been good. No complaints. 

Joined a new place to sell tisu again so kinda busy ramping up.

and my crap car still hasn’t broken down on me yet 😆

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

2 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Yes Sir life has been good. No complaints. 

Joined a new place to sell tisu again so kinda busy ramping up.

and my crap car still hasn’t broken down on me yet 😆

Gd gd… as long as you… er car is ok 😂😂

• Haha! 5

Yeap.  We are hopeful that komoco will do a better job too.

and yes, Alfa is fun when it is working.

but how many can hand to heart say they drive with a silly grin everyday or have fun impromptu meet ups even when their ride break down?

Not to mention the Alfisti wave and turning back to steal a glance every single time after parking?

We take the good with the bad.  Just come in with your eyes wide open eh

• Praise 8

As I always say, most fun car I've ever driven is Alfa 33. Super heavy steering wheel, need to high rev to change gears and the super loud engine. So full of character!

• Haha! 1

On 10/4/2022 at 9:28 PM, Benarsenal said:

Yes. But who? 

Definitely not your average Singaporean.

people are buying but only the premium brands, especially for the Cat B

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

On 10/5/2022 at 5:49 PM, Etnt said:

that's how i know that row of sin ming coffee shops so well.

Haha... wah lau this is freaking hilarious 🤣..

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Haha... wah lau this is freaking hilarious 🤣..

Considered quite good already since one can la kopi and wait for it to be fixed within a couple of hours. At least the car doesn’t have to stay a couple of days at the workshop. 

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Koster said:

As I always say, most fun car I've ever driven is Alfa 33. Super heavy steering wheel, need to high rev to change gears and the super loud engine. So full of character!

Had an Alfa Sprint yonks ago. Hard right fuel gauge will swing to empty, hard left gauge will swing to full tank....lol

And not forgetting the rocking motion when coming to a hard stop 

And wipers that are allergic to rain 

Flawed yes but certainly had lots of character. Who needs an unmemorable Honda?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4