Alfa showroom shuts, Komoco set to take over distributorship next year

BabyBlade

On 10/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

I have been a Giulia owner for coming 3 years.

My chat groups and “concerned friends” have been talking about it.

A lot of keyboard warriors on Facebook only left scathing and most of the time unsubstantiated comments about the brand in general.

I have had no issues from my car, daily driven (except during Covid lockdown).

Only had a battery replaced in Year 2 under warranty.

The past generation Alfas like the 159 has its fair share of problems. I know cos I owned one bought new for close to 5 years.

I also had a 3.2L Busso Alfa GT for close to a year before I decided not to renew its COE.

The bad rep about reliability is so yesterday… but I cannot blame disgruntled ex owners who keep harping on their bad experiences.

But do me a favour, say things based on current context. It’s like it’s not fair to say a current MOE teacher sucks just because he/she scored low 200s for PSLE.

It doesn’t make sense but then again.. unlike the more intelligent or high EQ folks who have something to say… most people nowadays just want to say something. It’s not like their views or blogs are fantastic anyway.

EA service centre’s attitude and proficiency has improved as compared to the previous team. It’s sad that people have lost jobs, but hopefully they land better ones next.

Like what shrjun said, it doesn’t matter who sells it. An Alfa lover will buy one no matter what.

We are passionate about our “crap” cars, and we feel proud to own one no matter which dealer sells it.

@Theoldjaffa @Theoldjaffa

Bro, I echo your experience with solid Giulia reliability. Mine just crossed the 3 year mark, and has given me zero issues since new. Apparently the first few months of production run Giulias had wiring and battery issues, and unfortunately these were the cars that reviewers were sent. Subsequent production runs largely ironed out these issues. UK and US Alfa owners forums that I frequent corroborate a largely satisfactory ownership experience outside of those early production cars. 

Anyway, does anyone have news of whether Komoco will honour the 5 year warranty of our Alfas? Has the EuroAutomobile Alfa service centre also closed together with its showroom? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

On 10/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, Koster said:

Any alfa owner here in the video?

always remember almost all the cars have camera nowadays. this one illegal U-turn, face, middle finger, no seat belt all kena show clearly

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Got people comment the turning radius for this AR is really wide? It's an old car so I am actually confused 

• Haha! 1

maybe the ex-distributor purposely do this to setup the new distributor. 

• Haha! 2

I'm surprised still got this model on our roads. Rare car even easier to identify.

4 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I'm surprised still got this model on our roads. Rare car even easier to identify.

Yes but spotted for the wrong reason for this case.

• Praise 1

On 10/29/2022 at 8:04 PM, 107fan said:

Got people comment the turning radius for this AR is really wide? It's an old car so I am actually confused 

look like its not so much the wide turning radius, but more of this guy deciding late to make a u turn ..

anyway cam car already let him go so actually no real need for the AR to stop and scold ..

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Mooose said:

look like its not so much the wide turning radius, but more of this guy deciding late to make a u turn ..

anyway cam car already let him go so actually no real need for the AR to stop and scold ..

Think cannot dun stop n scold. His pea brain oredi so small, cam car still cannot read his mind? 😔

🤪😁😂😂😂

Drivers these days, in the wrong still must chun pattern, like in this case, make extra extra BIG u-turn to make sure 101% safe to execute. Probably just one more turn, can end up in Jurong. 

Unker skills cmi, should ride bicycle only. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
On 10/19/2022 at 11:48 AM, Mockngbrd said:

buy and experien first hen lo.

I will still want to buy an Alfa one day, but only 1, the Alfetta GTV. 2.0 or GTV6 both also can. Because that was the car that made me love cars and also will be going in with the expectation that it will picha. 

my friend often ferries me in his GTV6 and allowed me to drive it once

I think I am immune to the alfa bugs, which is a good thing actually 😁

14 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Curious, went to check SGCarMart. Got one for sale but price is the can  cardiac arrest type, at least to me. 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1121491

The seats are original? Looks like plush office big boss type. 😂

car and condition looks beautiful .. but imported used how to be sure really only one owner?

can spy a fire extinguisher in passenger footwell ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1