Woman lashes out at tutor who asks for payment.

Atonchia

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

my fren (real one hor) owes me 4k since june, told me will free up some investments to pay me back in mid sep, till now no sound no picture. We quite close one so abit shocking, usually every week will jio me go drink and hangout, recently no sound no peekture HAHAHAAHAHHAHA

Such is life

I dont believe what close friends or what each others have know for many decades. If something happen, esp money matter, high chance things would become ugly and ended up friends become enemies. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

谈钱失感情。Best is don't lend money to people. 

Want to ask also must be tactful, if not, either lose the friend or money, or both.

Many times if your friend has open their mouth and ask from to you to lend them money, not that easy to reject tactfully. And if dont lend money to your friend, likely your friendship relationship might be strained liao due to this incident. And it would never been the same again.

33 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

kinda sad tho, childhood fren for more than 10 years, never thought it will be like this but such is life hahahaha

Yeah you never know bah. Well in the long run, it's good to know for not too much loss. 

We never really borrow money from each other since school days.

But when I was moving house, I didn't pay attention to the purchase deal completion date before my current home had completed sale (agent forgot my request and I didn't properly check the document also). So while waiting for the seller to see if he was agreeable to delay the deal completion date, if not I had to go ahead to avoid losing the option fee. 

I was discussing with my best friend on WA the scenario in which I need to pay cash to settle first without the sales proceed. He offered to lend me his spare cash (6 figures) while I was working out my sums whether I had enough cash on hand to cover if that's the case.

Heh I was quite touched. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

33 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

kinda sad tho, childhood fren for more than 10 years, never thought it will be like this but such is life hahahaha

Open mouth close mouth call you “bro” that kind?

I’ve seen those.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, SiLangKia said:

mentally prepared to let go liao, some more is cos he had to pay credit card charges for his recent holiday, then credit card interest very high so borrow from me first. it was 3k in june then in end aug another 1k, but after that I told him must stop liao I cannot keep lending

路遥知马力 日久见人心

• Praise 3

18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Many times if your friend has open their mouth and ask from to you to lend them money, not that easy to reject tactfully. And if dont lend money to your friend, likely your friendship relationship might be strained liao due to this incident. And it would never been the same again.

Precisely. I encountered one not too long ago. I turned down the request and now not in contact any longer.

• Praise 1

Actually if need to borrow money. Haha 99% is borrow from sibling or parent first right. By the time someone asks a friend, surely has borrowed from a number of people already. 

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Jamesc said:

SG people are never wrong

and will turn the tables

and say you are in the wrong.

:D

Good luck if my MIL bang your car.

She will come out of the car and start shouting

You are a lousy driver and bang her car!

She drove Ferrari?

Scolded bus driver at Orchard Road near CK Tangs?

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

chao kuan what?

didn't say not paying also. Tutor waited for less than 3 hours during work hours....

Chao kuan (bad attitude) bcos cannot stand people reminding them of things. 

The article says she has outstanding to the tutor, its on outstanding not the timing of reply.

8 hours ago, Yeshe said:

Beginning of every month, I have been chasing my wife on why our son tuition teacher didn't ask for payment... Including this month, still no sound :D

I know I'm a bit kay poh....but" pretty or not?" 🤣

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

There is nothing wrong with asking for money that is owned to u.

Some ppl pai kuan 1. U never ask for payment, they won't  automatic pay. 

Then 1 become 2 become 3.  If u are the paisei type, u are not going to get paid.

When it become like 5x , they will say , ok i pay u 2 time first. 

Then u will realise u are forever owned a few payments which eventually will be over write. 

ITS NEVER SIMPLY JUST ABOUT RIGHT OR WRONG !!!! 
ITS ABOUT BEING POLITE FIRST TO BEGIN WITH.

TO THE PARENT OF YOUR STUDENT AND ALSO THE PERSON PAYING YOU.

CONVEYING A MESSAGE ACROSS IN A MORE PROFESSIONAL RESPECTABLE MANNER ALWAYS HELPS AND PUTS YOU ON BETTER GROUND!!

see what i mean?  Heh heh

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Beregond said:

nowsaday every kachamputeh things also must share on internet🙄

We are also pointing out all those reckless cyclist and drivers.🤣

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

ITS NEVER SIMPLY JUST ABOUT RIGHT OR WRONG !!!! 
ITS ABOUT BEING POLITE FIRST TO BEGIN WITH.

TO THE PARENT OF YOUR STUDENT AND ALSO THE PERSON PAYING YOU.

CONVEYING A MESSAGE ACROSS IN A MORE PROFESSIONAL RESPECTABLE MANNER ALWAYS HELPS AND PUTS YOU ON BETTER GROUND!!

see what i mean?  Heh heh

yes exactly
the way i see, its the parents being rude first. 

I think for this type of individual to individual type of money issue can quickly escalate into emotional issue.

If the tutor has a registered tuition centre.

Unlikely such thing will happen. 

My kids music school don't even need to send reminder.....

They just say," Oh the next term payment will be due soon, will be charge to the credit card in the system." 

That is the difference of running a business and running as a single proprietor.

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

yes exactly
the way i see, its the parents being rude first. 

this isnt a battle of who is rude first.

And the tutor was out of line, in any case.

full of sarcasm, self righteouness in her words.

Classic brat type of reply, i would say

05F12D29-5EC4-4B87-B414-E44D7C6ABBD4.jpeg

Edited by Throttle2

2 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

I think for this type of individual to individual type of money issue can quickly escalate into emotional issue.

If the tutor has a registered tuition centre.

Unlikely such thing will happen. 

My kids music school don't even need to send reminder.....

They just say," Oh the next term payment will be due soon, will be charge to the credit card in the system." 

That is the difference of running a business and running as a single proprietor.

Well said

On 10/4/2022 at 8:03 PM, Atonchia said:

This private tutor not so lucky to meet a parent who call her desperate for money when she reminded for payment. 

Why can people be so chao kuan and still taunt others?

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/woman-lashes-out-tutor-asking-payment-calls-her-desperate-money#Echobox=1664874052

This private tutor wont be able to work in a corp setting or any professional setting for that matter.

Parent is not chao kuan.    Chao kuan is a totally different thing.   

Tutor should really learn to be more tactful and considerate.

when people are working and solving serious issues at work, really hv no time to reply to small matters like this. 

if a tutor comes and give me this attitude, you can bet i will give her more than that in return.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3