Petrol Discounts in Singapore

therock

Hi bro, sorry for late reply as I didnât see your msg. I pumped $60 n got 1 set of vouchers.

So when u pumped $60, taken the voucher can straight away use for discount?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Other than Citibank, are there any other cards that give Shell discount?

Btw, I’ve read online that there’s 5% site discount and 5% escape card discount. But what is site discount? And does the shell escape card still gives 5% discount or is it just accumulation of points?

HSBC card gives 14% discount. Think this about the best discount for no strings attached at Shell. For Citibank u need to spend minimum amount on the card per month right?

• Praise 3

HSBC card gives 14% discount. Think this about the best discount for no strings attached at Shell. For Citibank u need to spend minimum amount on the card per month right?

Yup, Citibank needs monthly $888 spending. So if I use that card, I need to switch all my spending to just that card....

Hmmm HSBC still gives 14%? Then does it adds with the 5% shell escape card discount?

Yup, Citibank needs monthly $888 spending. So if I use that card, I need to switch all my spending to just that card....

Hmmm HSBC still gives 14%? Then does it adds with the 5% shell escape card discount?

14% is straight discount off the gross price. Of course u also get shell points n also HSBC card points above the discount as well.

The best direct discount, no strings attached cc for fuel shld still be DBS esso which gives 17% but only at esso.

• Praise 3

14% is straight discount off the gross price. Of course u also get shell points n also HSBC card points above the discount as well.

The best direct discount, no strings attached cc for fuel shld still be DBS esso which gives 17% but only at esso.

Thanks! I just applied for DBS esso. Guess I will just use esso now since there’s many esso stations near my house. Haha no need think so much about discounts anymore....
  • Praise 1

isn't POSB everyday with SPC the best? 20.8%! all cash discount, no points or whatever crap to redeem.

Edited by Mkl22

I think citibank for esso for other cards also ard 14%

isn't POSB everyday with SPC the best? 20.8%! all cash discount, no points or whatever crap to redeem.

Sorry bro, with all due respect me not into SPC so taking them out, dbs esso shld be the best.

POSB card i’m not sure what the conditions are.

• Praise 2

DBS esso card gives instant 17% off petrol amount is the best. The POSB everyday card 20.8% is included cash rebate, not instant discount off petrol amount?

• Praise 1

DBS esso card gives instant 17% off petrol amount is the best. The POSB everyday card 20.8% is included cash rebate, not instant discount off petrol amount?

That’s what I thought as well but u got to ask bro @mkl22. Anyway I’m not into SPC.
  • Praise 5

Bro, if not mistaken, Posb everyday is 20.1% instead
  • Praise 2

POSB is 20.1%. my mistake. the rebate can be used to offset your credit card bill [not offset purchase] thus its the full 20.1% cash discount you get.

POSB is 20.1%. my mistake. the rebate can be used to offset your credit card bill [not offset purchase] thus its the full 20.1% cash discount you get.

How much is the portion of the 20.1% instant discount off the petrol purchase for the Posb card?

How much is the portion of the 20.1% instant discount off the petrol purchase for the Posb card?

15%.

the 6% cash rebate is for all items in SPC. or at least for the discounted ice cream that i usually buy.

Edited by Mkl22