Global Financial Crisis 2.0 - 2023 Edition

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I saw some youtube ystd

Old news. It did drop till 1.05, now recover Liao. Let’s see if gbp will drop again. 

↡ Advertisement

39 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Why Europeans have to choose between staying warm and having a meal to eat?

Someone made a hole in the Russian gas pipeline.

What an idiot!

They should have made a hole and attach a pipe to tap the gas!

Its leaking and its free.

That's a lot of free heating leaking out free.

:D

image.png.027bb309b939a78515fe31c966d04490.png

They should burn more fossil fuel to heat up the earth more so no need to burn fuel in (warm) winter next time. Why so stupid want to stop global warming by burning Russian gas???

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Might as well tell him to buy property in Manchester now.

🤭

cannot sabo like that lah.. Manchester property Tax not that freiendly.. zthey retract the Free Tax status liao .. else I wuld have recommended him to migrate like an  entorage there with the whole villiage 

Turbocharged

I already told you all I hard to get PO and you all say it is a sunset industry. 

But I never tell your all the fruit company got less demand lor, its now out in the news everywhere. Take it easy, it will be a domino effect, those who can survive any fallback can get up fast also. For some crash, it can be opportunity for others

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, yishunite said:

COE up or down ah

If you want to know don't ask the so called financial experts.

Ask a trusted car salesman.

On 10/3/2022 at 1:09 PM, Jamesc said:

I am bidding low for cat B.

If I am right I will pocket the difference and make a lot.

If I am wrong and my customers don't get their cars I will kenna left right and centre.

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, mikk123 said:

don't worry, recession can come, COE will continue climb. We are in Singapore 🤣

Dont be silly.

increasing the GST will do the job.  Everyone will be saved. The poor especially.

🤣😂😁

Edited by Throttle2

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/04/unctad-warns-that-asia-global-economy-headed-for-a-recession.html

‘We must change course’: UN warns that the world is on the brink of recession

• Monetary and fiscal policies in advanced economies — including continued interest rate hikes — could push the world toward a global recession and stagnation, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) said on Monday.
  • A global slowdown could potentially inflict worse damage than the financial crisis in 2008 and the Covid-19 shock in 2020, warned the UNCTAD in its Trade and Development Report 2022.
  • “We still have time to step back from the edge of recession. Nothing is inevitable. We must change course,” said UNCTAD Secretary-General Rebeca Grynspan.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/03/credit-suisse-is-not-about-to-cause-a-lehman-moment-sri-kumar-says.html?

Credit Suisse ‘may or may not’ be a Lehman moment but something is going to break, Sri-Kumar says

• “I think the Federal Reserve is going to have to face the consequences of a credit event” if it were to occur, Komal Sri-Kumar told CNBC’s “Squawk Box Asia” on Monday. “Something is going to break.”
  • A long-time critic of the Fed’s approach to the rise of prices, Sri-Kumar said the latest events surrounding Credit Suisse shows the “real danger of having miscalculated inflation for such a long time.”

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/uk-financial-crisis-could-turn-into-a-global-scare

UK financial crisis could turn into a global scare

IN the global financial system, no crisis stays local for too long. The pound and British bonds are substantial markets in their own rights but, like mortgage-backed securities in the 2008 financial crisis, their sway was not clear until they went into distress.

It goes without saying that Kwasi Kwarteng, the new UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, hasn’t had the smoothest of starts at his new job. With the backing of Prime Minister Liz Truss, he unveiled a “mini-budget” on Sep 23, vowing to slash taxes and regulation, funded by massive government borrowing to revive the economy out of its years-long slumber.

Supercharged
3 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/04/unctad-warns-that-asia-global-economy-headed-for-a-recession.html

‘We must change course’: UN warns that the world is on the brink of recession

• Monetary and fiscal policies in advanced economies — including continued interest rate hikes — could push the world toward a global recession and stagnation, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) said on Monday.
  • A global slowdown could potentially inflict worse damage than the financial crisis in 2008 and the Covid-19 shock in 2020, warned the UNCTAD in its Trade and Development Report 2022.
  • “We still have time to step back from the edge of recession. Nothing is inevitable. We must change course,” said UNCTAD Secretary-General Rebeca Grynspan.

UN and FED have different priorities. FED has a dual mandate of max employment and price stability.  It is not FED's job to ensure no recession or strong stock market.

The weird thing about the current situation is that usually in a bear stock market and rising interest rate environment, there should be mass lay-offs by corporates in-order to control cost. That should then cause demand to drop (since people will spend less)  and curb the high inflation numbers. However, the current job numbers are strong and so most people continue to spend despite the high inflation. FED will have to keep raising rates then .....

• Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Starry said:

UN and FED have different priorities. FED has a dual mandate of max employment and price stability.  It is not FED's job to ensure no recession or strong stock market.

The weird thing about the current situation is that usually in a bear stock market and rising interest rate environment, there should be mass lay-offs by corporates in-order to control cost. That should then cause demand to drop (since people will spend less)  and curb the high inflation numbers. However, the current job numbers are strong and so most people continue to spend despite the high inflation. FED will have to keep raising rates then .....

All the fat cats are still doing well! And consumers are still buying despite the increased prices.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/corporate-profits-are-at-a-70-year-high-will-the-inflation-reduction-act-change-that-173207569.html

Corporate profits are at a 70-year high.

August 31, 2022

COVID-19. Job Losses; Market ups and downs. No matter. Corporate profits have been booming and there's no end in sight.

Case in point: New data released last week revealed another spike, with aggregate corporate profit margins improving to 15.5% in the second quarter from 14% in the first quarter. They are now at their highest level since 1950. Gross corporate profits after tax, likewise, jumped by $175.2 billion in the second quarter and topped $3 trillion for the first time in history last quarter.

Internal Moderator
23 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

@kobayashiGT quick sell car sell home buy sterling and when it rise u can buy 30% better car n home

That's a huge gamble leh. 

Later I left with no penny ah.  

• Haha! 4

On 10/5/2022 at 1:29 PM, Jamesc said:

Why Europeans have to choose between staying warm and having a meal to eat?

Someone made a hole in the Russian gas pipeline.

What an idiot!

They should have made a hole and attach a pipe to tap the gas!

Its leaking and its free.

That's a lot of free heating leaking out free.

image.png.027bb309b939a78515fe31c966d04490.png

angmo thinking is very different from asian

if the pipes were in asia it will suffer the same fate as electricity...all kana stolen 

image.png.8ec692c25a19450db5f53b20be47c3d1.png

• Haha! 3

My Asian mentality told me

if I was Europe just tap the free gas

Russia is giving away.

image.png.9fb8992522e1b4c40325f794f7c228ef.png

1 hour ago, Icetee168 said:

angmo thinking is very different from asian

if the pipes were in asia it will suffer the same fate as electricity...all kana stolen 

image.png.8ec692c25a19450db5f53b20be47c3d1.png

My MIL can also contribute to Europe for natural gas.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1