So is MSG good or bad for health?

SGMCF328

25 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

So moral of the story is consume more MSG and less salt to improve your health.

26120a6843375ce3842fcef2572b02a1.gif

Neither they say MSG is good for health... Where got say eat more MSG..

↡ Advertisement

27 minutes ago, Kklim said:

https://www.foodnavigator.com/Article/2002/10/25/Eye-damage-from-MSG-consumption#:~:text=MSG binds to receptors on,cells to relay electrical signals.

MSG found to damage retinal cells in rats. Should be same for humans. Just look at Japs. Majority are short-sighted (Hirohito is good example!)

Explains why more whites started becoming short-sighted after Asian food crossed over to their countries. 

no evidence for your claims.

It's due to indoor time and reading or looking at near objects/phones/tv etc.

myopia spiked due to the pandemic. very clear association.

• Praise 5

Some people have glutamate sensitivity. And also it's nocebo effect. If i tell u there's MSG in the food, people will think it makes them unwell.

Proven before in blinded tests.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Msg taste good when u eat it, But after the meal u will feel very thirsty, and have the urge to keep drinking water for a few hours.

Not to mention the link of msg to hair lost ( no scientific  prove yet. )😅

Msg is not bad, but what if everything we eat also add extra msg inside? And we eat it everyday.

Its vey easy to exceed the 'not bad' limit i think?

Look at it another way, how many family when cook at home will have msg ready to add in??

I'm sure almost every japanese household has MSG straight up.

Also in every chicken/vegetarian/fish seasoning powder.

It's also added in lot of stir fries for chinese food outside. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

no need to scared about MSG.

Glutamates exist in all forms of food. Just try to use natural umami instead of artificial one lor. But chemically it's the same thing.

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Some people have glutamate sensitivity. And also it's nocebo effect. If i tell u there's MSG in the food, people will think it makes them unwell.

Proven before in blinded tests.

True, nocebo effect. Lol. Like what we aways say, ignorance is a bliss. If dont know, no scare no worry no feel sick. But if after knowing, then feel scare, worry and sick, even though it might not be the thing that trigger it.

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

Confirm, because like I say, msg make food taste good. Its  hard to find outside food that dun add msg and still taste good. Have but not many.

Put it another way, how would u feel if your kids primary school food make u feel thirsty after u eat it because of msg?

Would u feel its ok since its no harm? Or would u discourage the use of msg or cut down on msg if given a chance to feed back?

Personally I feel alot of thing dun need scientific prove to say its good or bad. ( but thats me )

Lastly I want to say, its not that msg is bad. But our habit and the addictive of most ppl to msg esp kids, we alway exceed the limit. 

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Confirm, because like I say, msg make food taste good. Its  hard to find outside food that dun add msg and still taste good. Have but not many.

Put it another way, how would u feel if your kids primary school food make u feel thirsty after u eat it because of msg?

Would u feel its ok since its no harm? Or would u discourage the use of msg or cut down on msg if given a chance to feed back?

Personally I feel alot of thing dun need scientific prove to say its good or bad. ( but thats me )

Lastly I want to say, its not that msg is bad. But our habit and the addictive of most ppl to msg esp kids, we alway exceed the limit. 

That's why some kiddos no like homemade meals, prefer outside food. 

Cos homemade meals tend to be sans MSG or lesser amount. My friendly neighbour swears by DASHI powder. Says its better than MSG. Me no complaints cos all the food she prepared is heavenly best. 

😂😋😋

• Praise 7

46 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yet the Japanese are the longest-lived nation.

Either it’s the atomic bombs

the MSG

the sashimi

or the adult educational movies!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

54 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Nope..i went Japan before,Tour Guide said it is Banned in Japan for Many Years,hence cannot find MSG in Shops.

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Nope..i went Japan before,Tour Guide said it is Banned in Japan for Many Years,hence cannot find MSG in Shops.

Haha i have to call this utter BS information by the guide.

It's invented by the japanese and is in virtually all japanese seasonings. Whether it's your furikake, your instant dashi powder etc etc etc etc etc.

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

If you wan artificial msg free in your jp food (still got natural occurring one hor) just look for 无添加(化学调味)。

Sometime back, my wife was saying that people online say MSG doesn't exist in whatever chicken stock cube etc.

It's usually labelled as amino acid extract in english. In japanese, there can be multiple labels.

• Praise 1