Final Journey Trapped In Lift With 6 Others

Fitvip

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

The MIC lift really very lousy, you go inside the lift and feel like a heater, not much ventilation even the lift is working. So cannot imagine if the lift break down and got trapped inside.

Actually I really wish someone with lift knowledge can share here. The lift car is just a box seating inside a shaft. The ventilation is a mechanical fan drawing air from the shaft into the car. Of course if only got in no out vent, no air circulation. Or no power to activate fan or fan size too small or shaft got no vent. Why hot leh even got people inside. Over crowding sure a bit warmer lah. 

Edited by Victor68

32 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Actually I really wish someone with lift knowledge can share here. The lift car is just a box seating inside a shaft. The ventilation is a mechanical fan drawing air from the shaft into the car. Of course if only got in no out vent, no air circulation. Or no power to activate fan or fan size too small or shaft got no vent. Why hot leh even got people inside. Over crowding sure a bit warmer lah. 

The shaft itself has not much ventilation also le. So maybe have limited air go inside the lift car?

3 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

Almost forgotten the rider burnt to death 🙊🙉🙈 

Thanks for the reminder 

I have also reminded my family members not to share with them. Don't take the risk.

3 hours ago, Victor68 said:

I am not a lift expert. Below is just my opinion.

The two lifts at my block are from Fujitec. One is few years old and the other has just been replaced. The new one has a strong fan that blows air into the cabin. The older one's fan is not as strong. 

I believe the air inside the lift shaft is still. When the lift goes up, it pushes the air out through the vent at the top of the shaft. As it descends, it sucks in fresh air from the outside. With the lift car going up and down multiple times everyday, plus the opening of lift doors each time it stops, in this way, there is some ventilation and exchange of fresh air in the shaft and the lift car.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

I have also reminded my family members not to share with them. Don't take the risk.

Be safe than sorry 🙊🙉🙈 

Problem is whenever I went into lift 

Last minute grab rider will just zoom in 😂😂🐱

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Be safe than sorry 🙊🙉🙈 

Leave immediately. Don't be shy.

• Praise 2

I wonder if they later got stuck again at the carpark when their bus was blocked by an oncoming car?

Edited by Ender

1 hour ago, Inlinefour said:

Be safe than sorry 🙊🙉🙈 

Stay on Level 2👍🏻

42 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Leave immediately. Don't be shy.

yes sir but sometimes they block the door 

16 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Stay on Level 2👍🏻

moving to live with community cat at void deck should be safer I guess 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

yes sir but sometimes they block the door 

moving to live with community cat at void deck should be safer I guess 

Level 2 no need use lift

10 hours ago, Fitvip said:

From tnp

6 men carrying deceased gets stuck in Jurong HDB lift

image.png.87934cb9c4e1e1633f0bd6fe8c513fc9.png

Six people who were carrying a deceased person were trapped in a lift at Blk 760 Jurong West St 74 on Tuesday (Oct 4).

They were trapped for 50 minutes before Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) personnel came to their aid.

A Facebook post the same day shared pictures of the incident that show a group of presumably Muslim men carrying the body of a deceased person towards a lift.

One photo shows the group inside the lift, while one of them attempts to pry open the lift doors with an umbrella.

According to the caption, five lift technicians and a team from SCDF were called in to rescue the trapped men.

FB post Keine Brutalitàt

on Tuesday

04/10/2022: 6 people and a deceased were trap in a lift for 50 minutes at Blk 760 Jurong West St 74. Five lift technician and a team from the SCDF were called.

Friends & relatives had to pierce the lift door from outside with an umbrella to create gap for ventilation. Two peoples were seen fanning at the gap to cool the air inside the lift.

Residents claimed that such incident happened there quite feequently. While lift was jammed that day, lift B could hold 3 peoples or else it overload.

I was reading the article .....

Why there's still lift that takes less than 8 pax?

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Level 2 no need use lift

my neighbour at level 2 riding eBike from home to lift to outside never bother to walk at all 

sibay lazy 

wondering how he walk at home 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1