YouTuber Jianhao Tan opens $3,000,000 used car business at Bukit Batok

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

E332DD79-978B-4798-8582-3D8316341C56.thumb.jpg.df11ba64c2393585b144611f49b7802d.jpg

830669432_081022_JianhaoTanCars.jpg.f9fe6cfa26b31946bceb93936c5f2e98.jpg

https://mothership.sg/2022/10/jianhao-tan-hypecars/

YouTuber JianHao Tan, 29, starts S$3 million business selling cars at Bukit Batok

Hyped for cars.

YouTube isn't the end of the line for JianHao Tan, who recently revealed that he's started his own car dealership.

Called HypeCars, the 29-year-old brought followers around the showroom in a short TikTok video.

Unexpected venture

Tan told Mothership that never imagined himself venturing into the business, considering how different it is from the creative industry of producing videos.

"To be honest, if you asked me a few years ago, I wouldn’t have expected myself starting a car business. It’s completely different to what I do daily in a creative agency like Titan as a YouTuber."

However, Tan has always "really liked cars", and considers it his hobby.

He thus partnered several friends and fellow car enthusiasts to start HypeCars, with the business costing around S$3 million in total.

Reflecting on his first big purchase in his earlier years as a YouTuber—his dream car, a yellow Maserati GranTurismo—Tan shares that he was very young and uncertain of the proper procedures to purchase a vehicle.

As such, HypeCar's mission is to be "effective and helpful to car buyers and sellers."

"These days, I see a lot of my peers and friends my age getting cars. So hopefully we can service these people and make it a smooth, fun and easy experience," he elaborates.

He also hopes to be able to work with influencers in this venture, as well as to "make videos and just enjoy cars together".

Looking to expand

Considering that Tan is still running Titan Digital Media and regularly pushing out videos on his YouTube channel, Tan has been multi-tasking while starting this new business.

Renovations for the showroom were recently completed, and the company is currently building up its team of staff.

He adds that thankfully, he has great partners who are understanding of his commitments and are able to share the workload.

Tan's goal for HypeCars is pragmatic: to buy and sell as many cars as possible, and to meet the changing needs of consumers.

Already, the team is looking for another unit to expand the business.

Tan reveals that they might also be bringing in electric models into the market, and has hopes that HypeCars "can play a big part in EV (electric vehicle) adoption in Singapore".

Currently, the HypeCars Instagram page displays a variety of car models, from a Nissan Sylphy and Honda Civic, to a BMW M4 and Audi R8.

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSRVXQHaV/

Don't see it on Sgcarmart. Now the question is, will Jianhao advertise his used cars on Sgcarmart? And will his legion of young fans support him by buying cars? Heh. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Basically, he is running out of ideas how to spend his cash

That's a good problem to have. Those who buy his cars, you are buying his name that's for sure.

26 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I thot it's Jamesc...now he's Jamesc's competition...on the honest business and yandao part...😁

Maybe it's really him leh. James Tan. Has a MIL too.

• Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I guess most boomer doesn’t know him

🤭

So anyone from here know who is he? 😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

is he the one who has the most YouTube followers in SG?

i also dunno who he is and never watch any of his videos 🤣

↡ Advertisement