2nd hand car dealer up for ST Singaporean of year award- Wins it!

Blueray

what is the name of his company? i think it is ok to share here ? I confirmed used car buyer, not the typical MCFers type, so i will have to use him one day. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

The authority should do just that...issue business license as reward...take it away when one found tempering...how to prove...?

Link all VINs to ADs, inspection centres and LTA. All workshop must update the mileage on the car they service...workshop must also comply...liddat everyone's rice bowl is at stake...😁

Goot wot. Liddat if all comply, we'll hv thousands of award recipients....

• Haha! 1

My previous car I bought from Presto when his showroom was at Tanglin Shopping Centre.

The car was having the best depreciation among others in the same model while having the best condition. 

Will go back to Presto again if they have the model and car age I wanted.

• Praise 9

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Why must be buying used car? Nothing stopping you from selling your car to him at below market value what... 

Ehmm used car dealer, funeral arrangements, you tied up with @Jamesc ah? 

OK OK I... 

person-running_1f3c3.png

I start at home here.. give u free coffin la.. do good….

🪦

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

his pre-owned hearses need to 🙈🙊🙉

No la for him I use sembwaste 😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

what is the name of his company? i think it is ok to share here ? I confirmed used car buyer, not the typical MCFers type, so i will have to use him one day. 

The name in the article bro.

• Praise 1

I like this quote from him:

“I can’t bring my money with me when I die. I would rather spend it to make these people happy and provide them with a send-off they deserve. Money is really not everything.”

Really not easy. Full respect.

• Praise 5

8 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I like this quote from him:

Really not easy. Full respect.

I know another FAMOUS USED car dealer will do the same to his MIL.. he cannot wait to spend his last dollar for her send-off! tio boh @Jamesc ? 😁

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Salute to this guy! 👍🏼

“I can’t bring my money with me when I die. I would rather spend it to make these people happy and provide them with the send-off they deserve. Money is really not everything.”

• Praise 8

7 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Not me.

This generous man pay for many strangers funeral.

I only for pay for one strange girl funeral.

:D

Huang Na Funeral.?

Car dealer who pays for strangers’ funerals is ST Singaporean of the Year 2022

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/car-dealer-who-pays-for-strangers-funerals-is-st-singaporean-of-the-year-2022?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3KgY7jeOJ0VVtsnKJoxrRsKDsbF5ch4FvrKLBAGFi4tGAA9kKA4IsKRbw

By Syarafana Shafeeq    UPDATED 10 FEB 2023 2:00 AM

1274189431_Screenshot(7)a.thumb.png.6aaf915fdce03bd265dfd6707d2e2f5d.png

Anson Ng has made it his life’s mission to help people, whether it's feeding those in need or paying for the funerals of strangers. Because of his altruism, he was named The Straits Times Singaporean of the Year 2022.

SINGAPORE - A second-hand car dealer who has made it his life’s mission to help strangers in need was named The Straits Times Singaporean of the Year 2022 on Thursday.

Mr Anson Ng, 55, gets calls and messages throughout the day from friends and strangers who need help paying medical bills or covering funeral fees.

He started helping out at old age homes and hospices more than 20 years ago, befriending seniors and cooking for the terminally ill. Learning about their last wishes, he offered to make arrangements for those who could not afford it.

Mr Ng, owner of second-hand car dealership Presto Expat Motoring Services, said: “I can’t bring my money with me when I die. I would rather spend it to make these people happy and provide them with the send-off they deserve. Money is really not everything.”

Mr Ng, who is married with two children, feels strongly about helping the less fortunate. When he was nine, his adoptive father killed himself, leaving him to work odd jobs to help his family make ends meet.

His charity Hao Ren Hao Shi (Good People, Good Deeds) has given out monthly provisions and food to the less fortunate since 2018, and helps about 1,000 families a month.

For his kind deeds and positive impact on the less fortunate, Mr Ng received the Singaporean of the Year award from President Halimah Yacob, who was the guest of honour at the award ceremony at Raffles Hotel.

Mr Ng said: “I didn’t expect to win the award, since so many people are doing good. But it is a good chance to tell Singapore about how important it is to serve our needy and elderly. We must teach our young to do good, so that our nation will be in good hands in the future. Who else will take care of our sick and old in the future?”

1058881793_Screenshot(8)a.thumb.png.e4714508adfe6bdf9b3f64ffb4efbc17.png

Madam Halimah said the 2022 nominees were a varied lot, but they were united by the impact they made on society.

“These Singapore stories of grit, goodwill and glory will remind us to stand together, and inspire us to move forward as one united people. Let us lift our heads, let us celebrate the light in each of us; and in turn, let us all be the light in our society,” she said.

Organised by The Straits Times and presented by UBS Singapore, the Singaporean of the Year award is given each year to a Singaporean individual or group that has made an impact in society.

This could be through achievements that have put Singapore on the global stage, for improving the lives of others or showing resilience in the face of adversity. The award is now in its eighth year.

Halimah Yacob

Happy to be back at The Straits Times Singaporean of the Year (SOTY) Award to celebrate inspirational, outstanding individuals among us. I met with the finalists of the 8th SOTY Award this afternoon and celebrated their passion and ceaseless toil. They are a varied lot, but these everyday heroes are united by the impact they have made on society. Congratulations to Mr Anson Ng, winner of this year’s SOTY Award, as well as all the finalists - you are all inspirations to the wider community, encouraging us to start our own journey towards doing more to help and motivate those around us.

507489498_CarDealer328744195_3648637292025751_2617732942759770115_n.jpg.d4a447ebf69b82f822e4b160da4e74ee.jpg

Mr Ng was nominated alongside other finalists, like Mr Priveen Suraj Santakumar and Mr Charanjit Singh Walia, who fed Ukrainian refugees in Poland; Ms Khairiah Hanim Mazlan, a private-hire car driver who talks to passengers about their mental health; and Associate Professor Too Heng-Phon, a biochemist passionate about Singapore’s life sciences scene.

Other finalists included Ms Alison Lim and Mr Anjang Rosli, a pair with dementia who help others with their condition; the founder of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder organisation Unlocking ADHD, Ms Moonlake Lee; married badminton players Terry Hee and Jessica Tan; and table tennis player Feng Tianwei.

Mr Ng was awarded a trophy and $20,000 in cash, while the other finalists received $5,000 each. The prize money was sponsored by UBS, which has supported the award since its inception.

Other sponsors include official airline partner Singapore Airlines (SIA), global hotel partner Millennium and Copthorne Hotels, and award ceremony partner Raffles Hotel Singapore.

The Singaporean of the Year received a five-night stay at any of Millennium Hotels and Resorts’ global properties and a three-night stay at Raffles Hotel Singapore, as well as a pair of SIA business class tickets. The remaining finalists each received a three-night stay at any of Millennium and Copthorne Hotels’ global properties and a pair of SIA economy class tickets.

Editor of The Straits Times Jaime Ho said: “This year, we honour a dedicated individual who has devoted more than 20 years of his life to the less fortunate in Singapore.

“He epitomises the selfless and generous ideals we all aspire to ourselves, and leads the way in showing that every deed, big or small, starts with one person and has infinite potential to inspire.”

Mr Edmund Koh, president of UBS Asia Pacific of UBS Group and UBS, said the award showcases daily heroes who inspire Singaporeans through their actions.

He added: “Anson Ng, our Singaporean of the Year 2022, demonstrated how it was possible to give dignity and respect in death through his charitable work for over two decades.”

The 2021 award went to Mr Sakthibalan Balathandautham, who donated part of his liver to a one-year-old girl he had never met after he came across a plea online from a young couple.

Screenshot (7)a.png

• Praise 4

33 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

actually there is a existing thread honouring our Mr James here 🙊🙉🙈

He does …what charity?😁😁😁

Edited by DOBIEMKZ