Car repair and maintenance

oppyouknowme

12 hours ago, oppyouknowme said:

every time car cannot start i towed and got charged for servicing starter. recently every half year cannot start. tow to a different shop this time and the shop owner told me actualy its the cable loose. just push it in and it start. asked if he can gert the cable connector new one for me he said cant be bought

previously kenna cheated by the other workshop . beware of this freesion workshop at synergy kaki bukit. 

If your car is not able to start every half a year. Change the car lah😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator

Each to its own i feel. If you find the repair unreasonable, go to other workshop. 

If other workshop also quote you the same thing, then sell the car. 

@Jamesc is a used car dealer. You sell to him, he done up then sell to others. then you buy a newer car that have lesser problem lor. 

Win win. ✌️

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Each to its own i feel. If you find the repair unreasonable, go to other workshop. 

@Jamesc is a used car dealer. You sell to him, he done up then sell to others. then you buy a newer car that have lesser problem lor. 

Win win. ✌️

For ppl to say sell car now must look at current coe prices first. TS isnt driving a 1yo Porsche Panamera.🤣

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Beregond said:

if oil missing cos leaking , its a good sign, because if it leak, it still can be patch.
If oil is not leaking , but keep missing. then its really gd luk😅

Missing oil could be the engine burning oil. Engine has to be overhauled to see what problem. Usually sludge build up.

But sometimes it can play hide and seek with you, like hiding in the coolant reservoir. 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
53 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

For ppl to say sell car now must look at current coe prices first. TS isnt driving a 1yo Porsche Panamera.🤣

Some fool buy, some fool sell. hahahahah. You must see things in a different perspective. hahahahah. 

• Haha! 1

Wear and tear and parts replacement is all part of car ownership.

It's very normal to change out all these parts.

Last few days I keep reading about gearbox overhaul, changing drive shafts and CV joints and changing starter motor and alternator.

It's all very normal.

:D

3 hours ago, oppyouknowme said:

@Unltd couldnt find any good workshop all out to carrot me , one even told me to do full overhaul in 2017 which i did , never do no oil conumption. do already eat more oil

Workshops are not charitable organisation, what is carrot and what is not? How to determine? Inflation is hitting very hard over the years and only old time mechanics who own their own workshops are “cheap” and good, but people tend to shop around and think there is a cheaper alternative when they hear from others. Then realise it is being penny wise pound foolish.

Those old time mechanics with their workshops are on their last legs, because they are so “cheap”, honest and good, they can’t survive and nobody to take over. So either they had stopped or are are closing soon.

For others, you want good, just make sure you go to someone reliable and reasonable, everyone is out to make a profit, otherwise they will fold. Again workshops are not meant to operate as a charity, especially good workshops.

What you wrote in your first line already explains your thought process very well, “couldnt find any good workshop all out to carrot me”, says a lot…. In Singapore you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Win win. ✌️

Wah, @Jamesc, give commission leh😂

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Send back to borneo please

they very honest and reliable

Wow, at this age car send back to Borneo, sure damn ex one. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Must use original part de brotherrrr

Use original and go back to BM for a 16 yo car is not so advisable in my view. No doubt, I keep going back to BM for my ride, but it was from day one