Seoul Halloween Stampede

Thaiyotakamli

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Insane. At least 120 killed in Halloween incident? Wonder if there's any conspiracy theory surrounding this? 

At least 120 people were killed and 100 others injured during crowded Halloween festivities in South Korea’s capital of Seoul, local officials say.

Authorities have shared little about the cause of the deaths, but Yonhap News Agency reported people were suffering from “cardiac arrest” and had trouble breathing.

Officials dispatched hundreds of emergency workers, firefighters and police officers to the Itaewon neighborhood in Seoul.

Video and photos show a chaotic scene in the popular nightclub district, with people lying in the streets and on stretchers as emergency workers help victims.

https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/seoul-south-korea-halloween-deaths/index.html?utm_content=2022-10-29T18%3A24%3A49&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNNi&utm_medium=social

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 5

12 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Insane. At least 120 killed in Halloween incident? Wonder if there's any conspiracy theory surrounding this? 

At least 120 people were killed and 100 others injured during crowded Halloween festivities in South Korea’s capital of Seoul, local officials say.

Authorities have shared little about the cause of the deaths, but Yonhap News Agency reported people were suffering from “cardiac arrest” and had trouble breathing.

Officials dispatched hundreds of emergency workers, firefighters and police officers to the Itaewon neighborhood in Seoul.

Video and photos show a chaotic scene in the popular nightclub district, with people lying in the streets and on stretchers as emergency workers help victims.

https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/seoul-south-korea-halloween-deaths/index.html?utm_content=2022-10-29T18%3A24%3A49&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNNi&utm_medium=social

my mom read this news and gan me for going to halloween horror nights at uss with some of my friends

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 5

Can even happen in advanced countries ……No crowd control ….Panic …... Must be also the full  freedom post Covid…… literally YOLO Gen ….. RIP 🪦 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

my mom read this news and gan me for going to halloween horror nights at uss with some of my friends

USS this year was super packed too! I think it's OK to go but gotta be alert and leave if the crowd is too overwhelming. 

• Praise 1

only happen when so packed until back stick to chest type of crowd, with constant pushing.

I experience once at woodland immigration hall on friday evening when loads of busses ferrying workers back JB. My wife literally cannot breathe and going to faint, very scary [sweatdrop]

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 2

I encountered once in Bangkok. Trying to get pass a crowd waiting for street concert to start, carrying my then young kid with my old folks tagging along.  In the end got scared and gave up and made a big detour. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 8

RIP to the victims. 

Lesson learned, whatever activities, when the crowd is too huge, just avoid,  no loss not having the fun. 

• Praise 7