Get your shopping done before GST: Black Friday is Friday, 25 November, 11/11 sale and more

therock

We are likely to see an increase in GST so it may be the right time to grab that big ticket item during these couple of months..

Important Dates:

11/11

Black Friday: 25 November

Christmas Sale

Boxing Day Sale

Revenge Spending? Bonus Spending?

What are you all buying? 

image.png.4282eddae4ee3d59ffc36bb6a1553cee.png

A Big Caveat OR Wallet Health Advisory:

- the best discount you can get is a 100% - when you save instead of spend it.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 3

Kinda past all the big purchases. 

And also decided to stop buying Xmas presents for the young ones. Ha as they get older, kinda hard to find present ideas. Esp with internet shopping on the fingertips of every parent. 

Just buying lot of daily wardrobe items when there's discount on 11.11. 

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I just save about $1000 taking over my son's 5 yrs MacBook pro, with Intel core I5, 16GB Ram and 500GB SSD storage. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

LoL, same here. Upgraded the ASUS laptop from HDD to SSD and increase 8GB ram to 16. Feels new and fast after that. No need to buy new. But kept playing games. Si ginah.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

49 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I just save about $1000 taking over my son's 5 yrs MacBook pro, with Intel core I5, 16GB Ram and 500GB SSD storage. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

So how much you spend on your son new Macbook Pro? 🤣

• Haha! 5

41 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

LoL, same here. Upgraded the ASUS laptop from HDD to SSD and increase 8GB ram to 16. Feels new and fast after that. No need to buy new. But kept playing games. Si ginah.

I also took over my son asus  change ssd n even get a new back cover n keyboard from aliexpress [laugh]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

nothing in mind for 11.11 or good Friday, already gotten few things over the past weeks when GBP was quite low :D

saving up for the upcoming holiday [laugh]

• Praise 3

57 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

My acer laptop upgraded once already but really dong until parts slowly one after another breaking down. So my son asked if I wanted to try out MacBook since his macbook pro is sitting there idling collecting dust. 

His MacBook pro was a special arrangement between Apple and SST, so the specs are actually quite high and future proof, so I just take and use as it is. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Ghgan said:

So how much you spend on your son new Macbook Pro? 🤣

MacBook pro was his sec Sch requirements, poly he gone back to windows, so didnt spend a single cent on any new MacBook pro. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, therock said:

We are likely to see an increase in GST so it may be the right time to grab that big ticket item during these couple of months..

Important Dates:

11/11

Black Friday: 25 November

Christmas Sale

Boxing Day Sale

Revenge Spending? Bonus Spending?

What are you all buying? 

image.png.4282eddae4ee3d59ffc36bb6a1553cee.png

A Big Caveat OR Wallet Health Advisory:

- the best discount you can get is a 100% - when you save instead of spend it.. 

Don’t push up inflation please. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

I only buy online courses or online learning platform subscription during black friday sale.  😄

Edited by Starry
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t push up inflation please. 🤣

Ya, today's big headline on TST "Why Consumers Are Driving Inflation In Singapore". Now they are blaming consumers for pushing up the inflation. Consumers luan luan buay. Not their fault.😪

• Haha! 5

Just now, Fitvip said:

Ya, today's big headline on TST "Why Consumers Are Driving Inflation In Singapore". Now they are blaming consumers for pushing up the inflation. Consumers luan luan buay. Not their fault.😪

It’s Straits Times. They still think they are the govt mouthpiece and people are still dumb. 

No wonder in such a state. 😒

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

It’s Straits Times. They still think they are the govt mouthpiece and people are still dumb. 

No wonder in such a state. 😒

Their mouth piece lah.

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Got sale for iphone 14 boh? 😂

Usually the telcos will for BF... look out for it..

• Praise 3

20 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Serious? You didn't end up buying a new model for your son right? :grin:

• Haha! 2