Get your shopping done before GST: Black Friday is Friday, 25 November, 11/11 sale and more

therock

52 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

The most important thing is I see exactly what is inside the ac unit and how dirty it is. After cleaning,  all the ac units become so quiet and run so smoothly, and because of the stress release, the compressor also runs so much better. 

Those ac service man who came for $35 a unit wont even do a more detail job than me I think. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Can let me know where too?

They use Mitsubishi Starmex?

↡ Advertisement

10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

It's conducted in one of the CC in jurong, $30 per head. 

Each session only has 5 slots. They set up 5 different brands, Mitsubishi is one of them, the other one was Panasonic, but all very old models. The aim was to teach us exactly the parts of the ac, and how simple and "easy" it is to clean your ac diy. 

But what you try there will surely have some different from the one at home,so still need to youtube the actual model at home to get the exact place the screws are hiding and the rest are quite standard liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

That's one of the easiest... but I have a contact which helps clean mine... I can pm you... 

37 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I spent the whole sat after working on the 1st unit, but took only 4 hrs on Sunday to clean up the other 3 units. The last one was the best, took 15 min to dismantle and 20 min to fix back. All done alone. So it really is a matter of getting use to it. 

But the thing on going too high on the ladder is a real concern, esp when working alone. 

Anyway, I am now a strong believer that ac units must be clean regularly, esp if there are young children, old folks or anyone with sensitive nose at home.  What's inside is really scary. 

Your shower glass, just go get a bottle of Mr Muscle  and a pc of those steel ball ppl use to clean pots, 10 min job. Get it over with and move on to other cleanings. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yeah I got bppv. If u get vertigo on a ladder or stool at the wrong time, can be gg. Momentarily won't know which side is up or down. 

• Praise 2

36 minutes ago, therock said:

That's one of the easiest... but I have a contact which helps clean mine... I can pm you... 

It’s ok bro, the Malaysian guy who installed my aircon charged reasonable for servicing. 😁

20 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

It’s ok bro, the Malaysian guy who installed my aircon charged reasonable for servicing. 😁

I pm you later when oc free to pass me the link, she doing the laundry now. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, therock said:

Ac serving is really quite easy, 90% of the unit is mechanical, electronic and electrical is only like 10% hide one side. 

The only hard part is lifting the grill and removing the blower wheel, and putting back, otherwise the other only worrying part is if we will break those plastic parts because they are all mostly clip together. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Ac serving is really quite easy, 90% of the unit is mechanical, electronic and electrical is only like 10% hide one side. 

The only hard part is lifting the grill and removing the blower wheel, and putting back, otherwise the other only worrying part is if we will break those plastic parts because they are all mostly clip together. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

You have a wet vaccum cleaner to clear the drainage pipe too?

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

GST increase in Jan le, better buy now if can. Unless no GST increase, then still can wait until it dies. Lol.

That was what she told me when I reminded her on GST increase.

Good wife, helping to save $$ :grin:

6 hours ago, Tianmo said:

So you open not only the FCU to clean  but compressor unit also izzit ??

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

You have a wet vaccum cleaner to clear the drainage pipe too?

Nope I don't.

However the ppl conducting the course have. They have 5 sets of tools for rent located at the CC for ppl who have gone through the class, and wanted to diy but has no tools. Included in the tool boxes are one ladder, one hand held high pressure spray gun and one D/W vacuum cleaner, and a screw driver I think. The set goes for rent at $30 for 24 hrs. 

I didn't rent their set, I did the cleaning with the AC dry and not wet as they mentioned. Didn't touch the drainage pipe because all good and water flowing well. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

So you open not only the FCU to clean  but compressor unit also izzit ??

No lah, compressor outside how to clean, I is Tianmo, I is no spider-man you know. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, therock said:

Keep cleaning simple 

don’t open more than you can close …

Aiyoh !! Everything he do 1 is deep deep cleaning n blowing 1 …… Tokking  about FCU hor 😇😇

• Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Nope I don't.

However the ppl conducting the course have. They have 5 sets of tools for rent located at the CC for ppl who have gone through the class, and wanted to diy but has no tools. Included in the tool boxes are one ladder, one hand held high pressure spray gun and one D/W vacuum cleaner, and a screw driver I think. The set goes for rent at $30 for 24 hrs. 

I didn't rent their set, I did the cleaning with the AC dry and not wet as they mentioned. Didn't touch the drainage pipe because all good and water flowing well. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Just curious, if need to top up coolant, possible to DIY as well?