New money inflows to Singapore jump 59% to a record S$448b in 2021

Blueray

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Govt accounting may not fully follow GAAP.

Wait till you see accounting standards for Insurers.  Confirm faintzzz.

I already faint when the Finance dept tries to explain such concepts to me. Really catch no bola. Simi is GAAP, accounting standards, market value lah. 😖🥱

Just now, Kxbc said:

I already faint when the Finance dept tries to explain such concepts to me. Really catch no bola. Simi is GAAP, accounting standards, market value lah. 😖🥱

General Accepted Accounting Principles.

Finance Dept should do Market Value 101 for Management.  it will be less technical.

this type of hot money is not FDI and has limited multiplier effect on the economy. this type of money simply causes inflation and asset prices to increase.

as usual PXP will use eye power to monitor. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Hot money good what, higher property price would means HDB can sell new flat at higher price and incur lower deficit.

But wait that also mean HDB cannot low ball when buying land and enblock unit. Alamak... 

HDB says it incurred record deficit of $4.4b but doesn’t reveal original cost of land acquired through compulsory acquisition

KWS-sale-land-HDB.png?w=1000&ssl=1

While the figures quoted in the above article are highly debatable, there are several cases where the owners have claimed that SLA pay lower than maker value when acquiring their lands / properties, and some even make it to news.

That aside, some of these lands were not developed immediately after acquisition, but can be left empty for years or decades, so how do we calculate the land cost in these cases? It is another number game... 

HDB is trying to justify their value to the common folks in a layman way.

Every day papers talking about million dollar HDB transaction and HDB also quietly selling their new flats at a price that is sometimes past half-million and not that far away from resale price.

So this is trying to pre-empt criticism by saying that "we are NOT EARNING any money although we are selling you at very high prices, hahahaha please believe me"

3 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Every day papers talking about million dollar HDB transaction and HDB also quietly selling their new flats at a price that is sometimes past half-million and not that far away from resale price.

So this is trying to pre-empt criticism by saying that "we are NOT EARNING any money although we are selling you at very high prices, hahahaha please believe me"

bravo brother ....  enjoy the dance ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

To Government of Singapore, HDB loss before Govt Grant is $120m.

The bigger problem is a mismatch of revenue and expenses.

Govt grant of $4.4b comes from current year revenue.

To most ppl, it does not affect them.

If this amount gets larger and govt revenue does not increase,

INCREASE GST lo.

Edited by inlinesix

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

You want to make bb in East Coast Park huh?

Make semo bb. hahaha. I single inferno leh. hahahah. 

The inferno means i am burning myself to ashes. hahahaha 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

COE huat ah!

Car has now become one of the value appreciating assets. This downturn has been successfully upturned 

Which mass market car brand or model will appreciate the most?  [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Wt_know said:

COE > $100K

HDB > $1M

Kailan is $91.00

it's quite obvious isn't it?

many years ago peanut already 500k :ninja:

all these are sub sub water lah :XD:

↡ Advertisement