Travel Insurance for Family

Freeder

Holiday travels are near soon ..

Can help to list down good lobangs as prices for everything are going through the roof.

TIA

↡ Advertisement

31 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Can help to list down good lobangs as prices for everything are going through the roof.

TIA

Use comparison site.

What’s important is medical repatriation must be $1m.

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Use comparison site.

What’s important is medical repatriation must be $1m.

any reason 1m? some nearby cty about less than 30k, further cty can be up to 200k or 400k depending on location. 

i just use ntuc travel. Usually comparable.

And they once paid out to me for a rental car damage. So just continue to use them.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

any reason 1m? some nearby cty about less than 30k, further cty can be up to 200k or 400k depending on location. 

Sometimes, a doctor and nurse are required.  That will bump up the cost.

I usually take the maximum amount to be on the safe side.

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

i just use ntuc travel. Usually comparable.

And they once paid out to me for a rental car damage. So just continue to use them.

I also using NTUC, claimed is fast and straight forward.

Claimed once for a delay luggage which arrive on next flight and once for medical expense for daughter sick while overseas.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I also using NTUC, claimed is fast and straight forward.

Claimed once for a delay luggage which arrive on next flight and once for medical expense for daughter sick while overseas.

i dont think it's difficult to claim for travel insurance.

I got patient who every trip go overseas really try to claim gao gao ... 😄 I just roll my eyes internally

• Haha! 6

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

i dont think it's difficult to claim for travel insurance.

I got patient who every trip go overseas really try to claim gao gao ... 😄 I just roll my eyes internally

So make use of overseas trip arrange medical appointment. 😁

with covid still so rampant, which travel insurance is recommended for:

- group of 6 (family of 3, grandparents, 1 cousin in p3)
- can claim if last-min tio covid before set off and whole group can't go

2 hours ago, Freeder said:

TIA

Travel insurance i onli use either MSIG, Chubb or aunty lucy

Find they're the most competitive wrt price vs coverage

And yes, pls go for something that has a higher overseas medical coverage esp angmo countries

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

with covid still so rampant, which travel insurance is recommended for:

- group of 6 (family of 3, grandparents, 1 cousin in p3)
- can claim if last-min tio covid before set off and whole group can't go

always take note for seniors, if they have pre-existing conditions like heart disease and have heart attack there, it's not covered. Unless u spend a lot of money and buy pre-existing illness coverage.

And their claim max amount will always be lower. Max half that of the other adults.

If they have mild stroke or mild heart attack before, have to think twice about the financial risk of having some event while overseas...

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

always take note for seniors, if they have pre-existing conditions like heart disease and have heart attack there, it's not covered. Unless u spend a lot of money and buy pre-existing illness coverage.

And their claim max amount will always be lower. Max half that of the other adults.

If they have mild stroke or mild heart attack before, have to think twice about the financial risk of having some event while overseas...

I think NTUC cover pre-existing conditions

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I think NTUC cover pre-existing conditions

yeah but got different price.

e. This Promotion is not applicable to all of Income’s Travel Insurance Enhanced PreX per-trip and yearly plans, Income’s Travel Insurance Yearly plans and Income’s TravelBliss per-trip and yearly plans.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

sigh... jialat like this, wanna bring my parents out, also need worry...

Irregular heart beat is considered pre-existing heart disease or not huh? But he was cleared by cardio to under uro surgery (on spinal anaesthesia) leh.

Anyway, we're planning to go on a cruise. i think my folks might not have much problem during the trip (hopefully)... i'm more concerned that should one of us just before the trip suay suay tio covid, then can't proceed with the cruise, got any travel insurance can claim full (or near full) or not... 😅

8 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

sigh... jialat like this, wanna bring my parents out, also need worry...

Irregular heart beat is considered pre-existing heart disease or not huh? But he was cleared by cardio to under uro surgery (on spinal anaesthesia) leh.

Anyway, we're planning to go on a cruise. i think my folks might not have much problem during the trip (hopefully)... i'm more concerned that should one of us just before the trip suay suay tio covid, then can't proceed with the cruise, got any travel insurance can claim full (or near full) or not... 😅

Ha it doesn't matter what I think. It's what the insurance company thinks. 

Cruise I think OK lah. But up to your comfort level. 

• Praise 2