COE Bidding - November 2022

Carbon82

[flowerface]Community Service brought to you by MCF[flowerface]

[sunny]Good Luck to all vested![sunny]

3 useful links for our dear MCFers:

The details of the November 1st open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 7 November 2022, 12 noon
Tender closes: Wednesday, 9 November 2022, 4.00 pm
Tender results: Wednesday, 9 November 2022

(Available on www.onemotoring.lta.gov.sg)

The total quota available for this tender is 1,528 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES
Category A : Cars 
(up to 1,600cc and maximum power up to 97kW (130bhp); and fully electric car with maximum power up to 110kW (147bhp)) => 460
Category B : Cars 
(above 1,600cc or maximum power above 97kW (130bhp); and fully electric car with maximum power above 110kW (147bhp)) => 411
Category D : Motorcycles => 441

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES
Category C : Goods Vehicles and Buses => 70
Category E : Open Category => 146

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

7 hours ago, Brass said:

If COE $10000 and below (not motorcycles) I chop my kkj.

*In loving memory of the guy who likes to chop kkj over COE.

Loving memory  😅

Edited by RH1667
  • Haha! 5

I am just hoping the PQP will be 35k again when the next round I renew my existing car's COE for the second time 😁😁😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

30 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

thanks to the sky high COE, a lot of very old cars still plying the road. Is this the way to go Green? every day shout we are living in 1st world city, but the cars on road are all 3rd world ones. How about the air pollution from those old cars?  

Good point.

We should push forward with EV to 2025.

EV ftw

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 2

32 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

thanks to the sky high COE, a lot of very old cars still plying the road. Is this the way to go Green? every day shout we are living in 1st world city, but the cars on road are all 3rd world ones. How about the air pollution from those old cars?  

u got see 3rd world country car or not?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Just now, mikk123 said:

just start with motor lah. siting in the home listen to all the small cc delivery bikes make a noise like a pig being killed. We should adopt the Taiwan motor model and promote e bike and replaceable battery.

Gogoro was not born out of govt initiative.  Rather, it is entrepreneurship.

We don't have the scale for a profitable business case here.

Moreover, Gogoro bike could be $15k now.  

• Shocked 1

My customers are staying low. Many people are staying low. Only COE goes high high up cos many rich are flowing int o SG. 

Is ok, I am on the brotherhood brink. Hahaha

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I am just hoping the PQP will be 35k again when the next round I renew my existing car's COE for the second time 😁😁😁

Wait long long.

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, mikk123 said:

I think its a bit harsh to totally disallow old cars to renew COE in order to "go green". As with many new policies, there will always be a transition period for the new regulations to fully take effect. To apply a new policy retrospectively to earlier owners when at that time they did not have much options to "go green", would be unfair. The real pollutants are actually the diesel lorries/trucks - i have seen some that literally leave a plume of smoke in their wake....

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

I am not suggesting ban on COE renewal lah. What I am trying to say is government on one hand wants to go green, but the system forces people to use old cars by renewing COE. How to go green if everyone driving around in 20 years old car? 

It is more wasteful to limit car life (with financial disincentive) to 10 years

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

the merc you mean...? altis should be rather worn by then.

The roads are getting more and more congested which makes driving  rather unpleasant . No parking lot. Think COE need to go higher 😂 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

The roads are getting more and more congested which makes driving  rather unpleasant . No parking lot. Think COE need to go higher 😂 

Congestion in front of NGS at 7am is getting from bad to worst.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Congestion in front of NGS at 7am is getting from bad to worst.

When the journey suppose to take only  15mins, now takes almost an hour due to extreme heavy congestion.  Walking might even be  faster 😂 

Edited by Ginyu
↡ Advertisement