COE Bidding - November 2022

Carbon82

40 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Ya lor, your favourite Son of Everything said so.

F344BCA7-C351-4D75-AEAE-FF609FE2340A.jpeg

In commenting about daily commute Dr Koh said, “Well, everybody has a car, we have two – my wife drives one, I drive one. We are both professionals, we need to travel”.

If wife and hubby are professionals and have 2 cars still can explain. But some people only hubby working and wife is housewife, they also have 2 cars. Or some people both are working, but one car parked at house most of the time due to one of them cannot drive to work due to no parking at workplace, but also own 2 cars. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Households that have 2 cars or more quite common la, esp if family members staying together are all working adults. Example spouse each one own 1 car, and if have 2 kids, these 2 kids might also each one own 1 car. So this household maybe already have at least 3 cars liao.

Exactly. I personally feel that car ownership by household is a ridiculous indicator.

Imagine working adults earning their own keep, not being allowed to own a car and can only take public transport unless they move out from parents place? Sounds completely ridiculous and communist right? But that is exactly what some forum writers are alluding to when they suggest to limit car ownership to one a household.

Come on, let affordability determine car ownership lah, not entitlement. Crazy people.

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-fairer-to-limit-car-ownership-to-one-per-household

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Households that have 2 cars or more quite common la, esp if family members staying together are all working adults. Example spouse each one own 1 car, and if have 2 kids, these 2 kids might also each one own 1 car. So this household maybe already have at least 3 cars liao.

I suspect it also co-relates to dwellings with 4 bedrooms or more, having 2 cars is quite common. Coz it is likely 2 or more families are staying there.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Jtis said:

Exactly. I personally feel that car ownership by household is a ridiculous indicator.

Imagine working adults earning their own keep, not being allowed to own a car and can only take public transport unless they move out from parents place? Sounds completely ridiculous and communist right? But that is exactly what some forum writers are alluding to when they suggest to limit car ownership to one a household.

Come on, let affordability determine car ownership lah, not entitlement. Crazy people.

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-fairer-to-limit-car-ownership-to-one-per-household

Yes, agree that to a certain extent, fairness and communism is closely related. 

These people don't understand the basic theory of supply and demand, especially for luxury goods. Now car, later what else? Would they start to demand that the govt should bring down prices of Rolex, condos and landed properties so that the masses can all get a bite at it also? 🤣

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ingenius said:

I just came back from Bangkok. Their traffic situation there makes Singapore feels like heaven. 

Lol, I just came back from Hanoi and while there, their traffic situation makes me that God for COE 😅

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

Lol....I just came back from Osaka, in a country where cars are selling like vegetables, it makes me feel like both big and small cars can coexist and live in harmony. 😄

Try finding and paying for parking in Osaka/Tokyo 🤑

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Jtis said:

It's always like that one lah.

When property and car prices shoot up, communism suggestions will come out 😅

4 hours ago, Jtis said:

Ya lo, limit car ownership to one a household a bit not very correct indicator la. Like you said, affordablity determine car ownership. Like those rich people, esp those staying in Semi D or GCB big landed, you try telling them that they can only own one car a household? Lol. Esp when they have ample parking space, and also usually their house is far to main road, so driving is more convenience. 

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

I suspect it also co-relates to dwellings with 4 bedrooms or more, having 2 cars is quite common. Coz it is likely 2 or more families are staying there.

Same like those landed house, usually will have more than 1 family stay together. But like what i said, even in HDB and condo, it is normal to find 2 cars per household la, like what Dr Koh said lo. 😂

What's wrong with a bit of communalism?

I don't mind if the gov take money from the filthy rich and pass it to clean poor people like me.

:D

If any filthy rich people don't like this idea let's have a mass debate about it.

This is called gushing down economics.

It like trickle down economics but turbo charged.

:D

Let market forces and money do the talking.

Pay for what you bid. Secure the COE first before shopping for a car. No COE No car. 

COE can only be paid upfront with cash and not on credit term. In other word, you can loan from a bank to pay the car but not the COE from gov.

Will this help to reduce the price of COE?

• Praise 3

19 minutes ago, BreezyWind said:

Pay for what you bid. Secure the COE first before shopping for a car. No COE No car. 

COE can only be paid upfront with cash and not on credit term. In other word, you can loan from a bank to pay the car but not the COE from gov.

I like the idea of paying the bid amount. Currently we still can secure our own COE right?

If the govt disallow loan for COE, prices confirm will moderate and will incur the wrath of many aspiring but borderline (affordability) cases.

Edited by Rickster

52 minutes ago, BreezyWind said:

40 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I like the idea of paying the bid amount. Currently we still can secure our own COE right?

If the govt disallow loan for COE, prices confirm will moderate and will incur the wrath of many aspiring but borderline (affordability) cases.

LOL!

I have been talking about COE bidding with Singpass for all CAT except (Open Cat)

Upfront, bidder needs to pay $20k for deposit.

Don't care how bidder fund COE

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 2

What ever suggestions out there...... They are just noise. Some more old noise cos these suggestions all heard it before liao and repeating like old record..... It just won't work cos of the loop holes and issues as mentioned. Also, who is stupid enough to burst their own $$$ supply? 😉

• Praise 2