COE Bidding - November 2022

Carbon82

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Congestion in front of NGS at 7am is getting from bad to worst.

The French kids in my estate cycle to school. Something we can learn from...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

On 11/7/2022 at 3:56 PM, mikk123 said:

I am not suggesting ban on COE renewal lah. What I am trying to say is government on one hand wants to go green, but the system forces people to use old cars by renewing COE. How to go green if everyone driving around in 20 years old car? 

So therefore u are saying "the system" should not allow people to retain their old cars right? How to (i) not ban COE renewal yet (ii) prevent people from keeping their older cars? Seems like trying to have our cake and eat it.

5 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

Cat B should be setting a new record this time round. High end buyers are used to this kind of COE price liao

this is new low to the newly imported UHNW, they have just seen this for the first time. 😁

On 11/7/2022 at 3:56 PM, mikk123 said:

I am not suggesting ban on COE renewal lah. What I am trying to say is government on one hand wants to go green, but the system forces people to use old cars by renewing COE. How to go green if everyone driving around in 20 years old car? 

Scrapping perfectly good cars at 10 year of age is more pollutive than driving a 10-20 year old car.

In a few more years there will be a big issues of used batteries being scrapped.

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Scrapping perfectly good cars at 10 year of age is more pollutive than driving a 10-20 year old car.

In a few more years there will be a big issues of used batteries being scrapped.

All these batteries can be recycled. It is worth a lot of $$$.

Be careful not to be con by scrapyard.

• Praise 2

52 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

All these batteries can be recycled. It is worth a lot of $$$.

Be careful not to be con by scrapyard.

I think so too. My experience with changing batteries is that for some shops, the quoted price is inclusive of them taking in your used battery. I was once asked to cough up additional $10 if i don't want to trade in my old battery.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:10 PM, Ginyu said:

The roads are getting more and more congested which makes driving  rather unpleasant . No parking lot. Think COE need to go higher 😂 

Ultimately, the number of cars on the road is based on the number of COEs available for bidding (the quota) and the eventual COEs taken up during the bid. Doesn't matter whether the COE bid itself (the quota premium) closes at $1 or $1million. So the only to have less cars on the road is when COEs are undersubscribed which will be a cold day in hell.

• Praise 4

19 hours ago, Rickster said:

I think so too. My experience with changing batteries is that for some shops, the quoted price is inclusive of them taking in your used battery. I was once asked to cough up additional $10 if i don't want to trade in my old battery.

This shop is dishonest