COE Bidding - November 2022

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

It all boils down to whether a ride is deem  as a need or want. 

My ride is just a want. I so used to having a car when mum is around. Or maybe some say it was my excuse to have a car in convenient with mum. Now mum not around le. The car is lying there depreciating 😭

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, mikk123 said:

Car is expensive in SG, that is for sure. But I am wondering why they want to maintain the up and down cycle? why? certain years COE sky high, certain years COE super low? any reasons for this ? why not just even out the supply, so we have more or less predictable supply? 

Yes I think LTA will do it.

But they can only start to even out the supply during a period of high de-registrations. They can issue out lesser COEs so that some COEs can be saved for a period of low de-registrations later on. If they start to issue more COEs now when there are low de-egistrations, they risk more road congestion, defeating the purpose of the COE system.

So be careful of what you wish for. Evening out supply means we probably won't see low COE price for a long long time. It will be more even, evenly high

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

Car is expensive in SG, that is for sure. But I am wondering why they want to maintain the up and down cycle? why? certain years COE sky high, certain years COE super low? any reasons for this ? why not just even out the supply, so we have more or less predictable supply? 

Next time they do coe for bto

33 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

But they can only start to even out the supply during a period of high de-registrations. They can issue out lesser COEs so that some COEs can be saved for a period of low de-registrations later on. If they start to issue more COEs now when there are low de-egistrations, they risk more road congestion, defeating the purpose of the COE system.

So be careful of what you wish for. Evening out supply means we probably won't see low COE price for a long long time. It will be more even, evenly high

At the end when all the quota allocation is even out, COE will stable at maybe 60k to 80k or maybe even higher, as a result, those who used to be able to afford coe only at 30k  like me can no longer afford to own a car, I will have to take bus. 🤣

3 hours ago, Arogab said:

My ride is just a want. I so used to having a car when mum is around. Or maybe some say it was my excuse to have a car in convenient with mum. Now mum not around le. The car is lying there depreciating 😭

To me it is a want too for convenience purpose, but at least my WANT is a car, no NEED to have a new car.

Even when I am retired,  I will still want to own a car for the first 10 to 15 years of my retirement as long as I am still alive and doctor is willing to give me a cert to drive. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

But they can only start to even out the supply during a period of high de-registrations. They can issue out lesser COEs so that some COEs can be saved for a period of low de-registrationsSG$ 3.62  40%OFF | Tap Mixing High spool Valve 35mm/40mm Ceramic Cartridge Faucet Cartridge Mixer Kitchen Bath Basin Shower Faucet Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMCUJHS later on. If they start to issue more COEs now when there are low de-egistrations, they risk more road congestion, defeating the purpose of the COE system.

Correct for you :

They can issue out lesser COEs so that COE premium would remain sky-high and not drop

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

At the end when all the quota allocation is even out, COE will stable at maybe 60k to 80k or maybe even higher, as a result, those who used to be able to afford coe only at 30k  like me can no longer afford to own a car, I will have to take bus. 🤣

Many already on the bus and  almost full Liao, hurry 😂 

• Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

bus already full? then how? ride bicycle from Jurong to Tampines to work? where is my swiss standard living? 🤣

Last time bus still got available seats but now almost full mah thanks to high COE 😂 

Edited by Ginyu
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

bus already full? then how? ride bicycle from Jurong to Tampines to work? where is my swiss standard living? 🤣

They promise swiss standard, in the end we get sai standard. 

• Haha! 3

I use bus for last mile commute,  so I don't mind standing, I don't find it overly crowded, during non peak, the frequency also not too bad, so I have no complaints about taking  bus. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I use bus for last mile commute,  so I don't mind standing, I don't find it overly crowded, during non peak, the frequency also not too bad, so I have no complaints about taking  bus. 

Young time I don't mind take bus and walk. Now I feel I cannot walk that far or tahan the heat leh🤣

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

i also don't mind standing. I mind the bus never come on a regular basis. You waited for 20 mins no bus come, suddenly 3 come together. That is world class transportation system for you. 😁

That one you can only blame road traffic conditions.

Bus companies has KPI to meet.

6 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

not all due to traffic. Have you seen some bus driving like F1 and some are like travelling at 30km per hour. No proper human management. just see the amount of accidents by buses, you will know how unhappy bus drivers are. 

OCC controls bus movement.  There are incentives for achieving LTA KPI.

What you said should be due to traffic conditions.

In 2021, I overtook a lot of buses before 7am.  My average speed then was 25km/h.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

OCC controls bus movement.  There are incentives for achieving LTA KPI.

What you said should be due to traffic conditions.

In 2021, I overtook a lot of buses before 7am.  My average speed then was 25km/h.

I suspect they might have stipulated the total time taken of the entire journey of each bus, cannot be too fast, as a result, during the non peak traffic like early in the morning when the traffic is good, the drivers will have to slow down their speed to avoid arriving too early.  Just my own suspicion as I didn't manage to get a job  from SBS.

• Praise 2

I think the buses time their journey even between bus tops (or maybe segments of their trip). Sometimes, when the bus is crowded, I would stand near the driver and observe. They have a console which I think tells them whether they are ahead or behind in their journey. I notice they monitor this console a lot.

Those who use bus apps know that the app will tell them the estimated arrival time of the all the buses at the stops. This means that each bus is tracked. The bus app will also tell me whether the bus is full or empty. That means the data of the passenger load of each bus is uploaded realtime. I can only guess what other metrics are uploaded. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2