The kids that we're raising today

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

Here's the summary:

• Boy, 6, left in 'floods of tears' on flight after Ryanair 'double-booked' his specially reserved window seat and passenger refused to move
  • Little boy who is a nervous flyer left in tears after he could not sit at window seatΒ 
  • Mother paid extra to book window but the seat was given to someone else
  • The passenger refused to give up the seat, and the six-year-old was devastated
  • Ryanair says the seat was not double-booked, but an IT glitch occurredΒ 

Β 

Β 

A little boy who is a nervous flyer was left in floods of tears after a Ryanair IT glitch meant his specially reserved window seat was given to another passenger.

Ryan Bandli, six, was inconsolable the entire flight home to Manchester from Budapest after he realised a woman was sitting in the seat he'd chosen.

His mother, Adi, said the window seat helps her 'very reactive' child to keep calm in the air, allowing him to lean his head against the window.Β 

She paid an additional fee when booking on the budget airline's Polish subsidiary, Buzz to reserve the seat especially.

But upon boarding the plane, Mrs Bandli noticed a woman sitting in Ryan's seat. When confronted, the stranger revealed she too had been assigned the window seat and refused to move.

'Ryan was really upset and anxious and he cried,' Mrs Bandli toldΒ The Mirror. 'He didn't understand how this could happen. We sat separately and it was really stressful.'

He was provided an aisle seat as a consolation, but spent most of the flight crying in his father's lap.Β 

'My poor child was crying. People gave him sweets and were so kind,' Mrs Bandli said.Β 

The incident occurred in August, and Mrs Bandli claims she is still waiting for an explanation and compensation from Ryanair.

The airline said Ryan's seat was not double booked, instead stating the 'misunderstanding was the result of an isolated IT glitch'.

Because the flight was fully booked, there were no other window seats available to offer the family, meaning they had to be separated.Β 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11405709/Boy-6-left-tears-flight-Ryanair-double-booked-specially-reserved-window-seat.html

Β 

Kids and parents these days. I'm surprised this made it to the news but then not so surprised because the publisher is DailyMail lol. A few takeaways from this story whichΒ amusedΒ me.

Firstly, the adult who refused to shift seats for the crying and "devastated" child. no obligation there of course.

Secondly, no one else on the plane volunteered to swap seats so that the family could be seated together and the spoilt brat can get his window seat, even if it was just to save your ears and everyone else from the cryingΒ and throwing of tantrums.Β 

Lastly, while I understand that it is tough to take care of unruly children, this is a classic lesson for the young child that you don't always get what you want in life and crying certainly doesn't get you there.

Β 

Β 

↑ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

Spoilt brat like this, will even try to stab you if he doesn't gets his way.

Β 

Edited by Ender
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Here's the summary:

• Boy, 6, left in 'floods of tears' on flight after Ryanair 'double-booked' his specially reserved window seat and passenger refused to move
  • Little boy who is a nervous flyer left in tears after he could not sit at window seatΒ 
  • The passenger refused to give up the seat, and the six-year-old was devastated

Β 

Kids and parents these days. I'm surprised this made it to the news but then not so surprised because the publisher is DailyMail lol. A few takeaways from this story whichΒ amusedΒ me.

Firstly, the adult who refused to shift seats for the crying and "devastated" child. no obligation there of course.

Secondly, no one else on the plane volunteered to swap seats so that the family could be seated together and the spoilt brat can get his window seat, even if it was just to save your ears and everyone else from the cryingΒ and throwing of tantrums.Β 

Lastly, while I understand that it is tough to take care of unruly children, this is a classic lesson for the young child that you don't always get what you want in life and crying certainly doesn't get you there.

Β 

Β 

Β 

airline fault, the momΒ actually pay extra for the seat but airline double-bookedΒ [mad]

• Praise 6

20 minutes ago, Ender said:

Spoilt brat like this, will even try to stab you if he doesn't gets his way.

Β 

make china great again..... lots of these only child brats in the society...... i have my doubts....

Since airline fault, airline let xddΒ sit in cockpit with pilot Shu ShuΒ 

boy boy wear pilot hat,Β sit cockpit, got 2 sexy air stewardess xmm bring him ice cream jiak, sayang him don’t cry don’t cry, hip siong post internet

xdd come out of plane look at favourite seat uncle, his face,Β Like a thousand suns behind his faceΒ 

everybody want to fly this doono what airline

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

16 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Β 

airline fault, the momΒ actually pay extra for the seat but airline double-bookedΒ [mad]

The pilots should have announced thru PA system that they were willing to give up their seats for the boy and mother to enjoy the window view...im sure many would suddenly becum so understanding and swap with the poor boy and mother...

but yah...still airline fault..pilots no act...😁

• Haha! 5

The mother should seek compensation from the airline. They said technical glitch? Lame excuse. whether technical or not , the airline is still at fault.

• Praise 4

6 yrs old kid take air plane, no easy lah. Even the best brought up and well behave kid on ground might behave otherwise in air travel. 6 yrs old only you know?

The focus here should be the airline screw up, and how inconsiderate ppl are these days, but we choose to hammer the kid. Strange. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Β 

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, RadX said:

Sounds like a β€œwould you give up your seat” story hahha

Β 

ya airlines fault

Yah, should move there, give up your bloody seat. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Β 

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

6 yrs old kid take air plane, no easy lah. Even the best brought up and well behave kid on ground might behave otherwise in air travel. 6 yrs old only you know?

The focus here should be the airline screw up, and how inconsiderate ppl are these days, but we choose to hammer the kid. Strange. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Β 

Those no-kids one won't understand [laugh]

But if really need these specific arrangements better don't book budget airlines.

When my kids were younger and we travelled even to Malaysia I chose to go by full-fare SIA, guarantee no screw ups or unexpected difficulty.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

But if really need these specific arrangements better don't book budget airlines.

When my kids were younger and we travelled even to Malaysia I chose to go by full-fare SIA, guarantee no screw ups or unexpected difficulty.

BB put up the title. Once she become a mum she will amend the thread title.

Airline mistake. Should has transfer that kid to a business seat. 😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

I ALWAYS pay extra NOT sit with MIL.

If double book and I kenna sit with MIL

I also will cry my eyes out andΒ 

screw the airlines upside down.

IT glitch my ass.Β 

Profit seeking airlines that wanted to charge

1 pound each time someone wants to the toilet onboard.

My MIL goes so often on a long haul flight

cheaper for me to book her on premium airlines than $$$ air.

:D

• Haha! 3

Kids board first right?

How come its not not gentleman

that found his seat occupied by little boy

and he has to sit on jump seat next to bui bui stewardess?

This is European airlines and not Asian airlines with sexy slim stewardesses.

:D

Man finds seat occupied by little boy and cries his eyes out when he was squashed by stewardess on jump seat.

images-21.jpg.db6754a59c602efd8207679b08b7d5da.jpgimages-21.jpg.db6754a59c602efd8207679b08b7d5da.jpgimages-21.jpg.db6754a59c602efd8207679b08b7d5da.jpg

Edited by Jamesc

@BabyBlade

From the perspective of the child. The child doesn't like flying. Was promised by his mother to get a window seat which is how he tolerates flying. To the child it's simple, not getting a window seat = betrayal of promise. He doesn't blame the mother but he's upset. Some kids are OK and can be easily distracted. Some are fixated.Β 

If the mum paid up and she didn't get what she paid for, then it's just the airline fault.Β 

Most parents are embarrassed when meltdowns or tantrums happen. But frankly whether u want to be a permissive/authoritarian/authoritative parent is up to you. After all the parent lives with the consequence.Β 

Β 

• Praise 14

5 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Here's the summary:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Sorry ah I disagree. If you pay to specially reserve and it's been given away, it is your right to make a fuss.

Β 

• Praise 4

Dun mention 6 year old, given a 26, 36 or 46 year old there could even be a fist fight if the guy who paid extra $$ finds his seat taken by a guai lan stooge...

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
On 11/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, Sosaria said:

You are right, those without kids won't understand. And I have to admit I am not fond of kids. Haha.

↑ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2