5G Toyota Prius

inlinesix

94km electric only range, provided u keep your speeds below 50km/h.

Go above 50km/h and engine will kick in for Toyota/Lexus hybrids 😁

But good car for taxi lau to idle or cruise at low speeds while hunting for passengers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

94km electric only range, provided u keep your speeds below 50km/h.

Go above 50km/h and engine will kick in for Toyota/Lexus hybrids 😁

But good car for taxi lau to idle or cruise at low speeds while hunting for passengers 

The normal hybrids will have their engines kick in when the demand for power is high or at higher speeds.

For PHEVs, they have a bigger battery and will behave like an EV until the battery is exhausted. 

Of course 94km e-range is only possible in ideal conditions. NSHW at 160kmh probably only 30km.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

The normal hybrids will have their engines kick in when the demand for power is high or at higher speeds.

For PHEVs, they have a bigger battery and will behave like an EV until the battery is exhausted. 

Of course 94km e-range is only possible in ideal conditions. NSHW at 160kmh probably only 30km.

Ah shit, I didn't read properly. 94km is only for the PHEV drivetrain, not the usual parallel hybrid with only regenerative braking. 

So I guess the electric only range of the parallel hybrid version is unlikely to be 94km, should be much less. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

Ah shit, I didn't read properly. 94km is only for the PHEV drivetrain, not the usual parallel hybrid with only regenerative braking. 

So I guess the electric only range of the parallel hybrid version is unlikely to be 94km, should be much less. 

Parallel Hybrid maybe 2km 😁

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Parallel Hybrid maybe 2km 😁

Normal hybrid mode, pure-electric is only used when starting to move off and when cruising or downhill.

I drove Prius rental (4G) in Japan before, wow in their road conditions, I got 26km/l over 5 days.... amazing.

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Normal hybrid mode, pure-electric is only used when starting to move off and when cruising or downhill.

I drove Prius rental (4G) in Japan before, wow in their road conditions, I got 26km/l over 5 days.... amazing.

You can activate the full EV mode by pressing a switch. Full EV mode will only work when the battery is sufficiently charged and the demand on power is low. 

PHV drivers love the Prius for its fuel efficiency. I rented a Prius 4G in Okinawa and was wowed by its parsimony and its ride and handling capabilities.

Then I bought a used GS450h a few months later. Hehe!

• Praise 4

45 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

less aircon usage and traffic also helps

On 11/17/2022 at 12:50 PM, Lala81 said:

Headroom really challenging. Haiz sleek must have price to pay. 

Exactly the reason I never like all the fastback design car. Including all those coupe like SUV.

44 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Exactly the reason I never like all the fastback design car. Including all those coupe like SUV.

hou kua bo ho jiak 😄

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

You can activate the full EV mode by pressing a switch. Full EV mode will only work when the battery is sufficiently charged and the demand on power is low. 

PHV drivers love the Prius for its fuel efficiency. I rented a Prius 4G in Okinawa and was wowed by its parsimony and its ride and handling capabilities.

Then I bought a used GS450h a few months later. Hehe!

in 2019, I did <1100 km in victoria in a camry hybrid with about 7/8th tank.

The 5th gen prius only has marginal gas mileage improvement over old generation. 57 instead of old 56mpg under EPA standards.

10 hours ago, Lala81 said:

in 2019, I did <1100 km in victoria in a camry hybrid with about 7/8th tank.

The 5th gen prius only has marginal gas mileage improvement over old generation. 57 instead of old 56mpg under EPA standards.

Same gas mileage but a more powerful engine is an achievement 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Wonder if we will get the 1.8 or 2.0 here. 

Likely 1.8L.

It will be the same as current gen.

2L is Dynamic force engine.