Handover car to AD

Sutoh80

3 hours ago, D3badge said:

Agreed and also the important light…..Check Engine Light! On! This one straight away saying the car is lemon now 😂😂😂

Not necessary, at times it could be  due to just 1 problem and it can be easily fixed by having the affected  part replaced,  price is not usually a concern, my concerns is cars with endless problems or problems that are difficult to diagnose. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

21 hours ago, Enye said:

no lah … could drive a short while maybe 10 to 15 mins need to find a place to stop and top up the entire reservoir le… very stressful to drive like that

think water pump was leaking since coolant will only deplete when engine is on.  so i just parked in the mscp and top up the reservoir full then wait until handover date

just a pity the car still has about 3/4 tank petrol left inside

😬😅

This type of problem can be fixed easily , it is either  the reservoir, pump or radiator plus those relevant hoses. Pump is a cheap problem and easy to diagnose, a few hundred can settle already.  If it happen to be radiator, I will usually replace the parts that are along the chain like hoses and conectors etc, no point doing add hoc break fix, sooner the rest of parts will break again. Driving old car cannot  stinge on repair. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Don't worry so much lah. When I handover my lao pok chia to AD, the sales guy didn't even bother to step outside to look at the car 😂

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 3

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

This type of problem can be fixed easily , it is either  the reservoir, pump or radiator plus those relevant hoses. Pump is a cheap problem and easy to diagnose, a few hundred can settle already.  If it happen to be radiator, I will usually replace the parts that are along the chain like hoses and conectors etc, no point doing add hoc break fix, sooner the rest of parts will break again. Driving old car cannot  stinge on repair. 

yes it could be easily resolved… but i wasn’t about to spend time and money to repair just to drive another 3-4 weeks.

😬😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Enye said:

yes it could be easily resolved… but i wasn’t about to spend time and money to repair just to drive another 3-4 weeks.

😬😅

Understand, I am with you. I mean if I will to buy a used car, I am not worried about getting a car that has 1 or 2 problems as long as it is not a endless money pit. 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Don't worry so much lah. When I handover my lao pok chia to AD, the sales guy didn't even bother to step outside to look at the car 😂

Used car dealer problem mah. Nothing to do with the salesman. 
win some lose some. Cannot be that the used car dealer always catches the worm. Thus car dealers try to pass the buck to the next unsuspecting customer. 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Understand, I am with you. I mean if I will to buy a used car, I am not worried about getting a car that has 1 or 2 problems as long as it is not an endless money pit. 

I owned 2 money pits. 🤣

• Haha! 1

22 hours ago, D3badge said:

Agreed and also the important light…..Check Engine Light! On! This one straight away saying the car is lemon now 😂😂😂

Never heard of led light bulb blown?   $10 can fix.

window not able to wind up/down. Easy.. lubricant will do. 

Engine oil dipstick dry. Just change and air the engine. Once signed we will top up with new engine oil for you.

Breakpad worn out? Nope. Just some dust and we will air blow nice nice for you.

Puddle of water underneath. Is common. That show Aircon in super condition. Residential Aircon also got water dripping.. 

Aircon not cold. No worry. Personal favour we will top up the gas for you... 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Kopites

On 11/12/2022 at 2:04 PM, Sutoh80 said:

Hi. I will be trading in my car to AD for a new car and now the car give me on and off issue.

If it as long as I can drive the car to the AD and do the transfer at one motoring, it is not my issue anymore?

Congrats on your new car. Huat ah!

Many moons ago, I traded in a 5-year old French car as PARF+COE Rebate+Body for a new car.

While waiting for the new car to be ready, the gearbox on the French car died. The AD salesman arranged for the car to be towed away, and still gave me $800 for the body. I was happy enough. 😁

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Many moons ago, I traded in a 5-year old French car as PARF+COE Rebate+Body for a new car.

While waiting for the new car to be ready, the gearbox on the French car died. The AD salesman arranged for the car to be towed away, and still gave me $800 for the body. I was happy enough. 😁

5 Years old French Lemon only got $800 for the Body.?My Worker's 10 Years Old Hyundai Elantra got almost $3,000 recently,somemore he used as Grab,very high 300,000Km Mileage.

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

5 Years old French Lemon only got $800 for the Body.?My Worker's 10 Years Old Hyundai Elantra got almost $3,000 recently,somemore he used as Grab,very high 300,000Km Mileage.

Intro the scrap dealer leh!

15 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Thats a long time ago, at that time don't have these kind of high prices for scrap car.