Oppo Mobile Phone Discussion Thread

Blueray

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

To be fair to xiaomi. My wife is still using her mi8. 4.5 years already, albeit it was a flagship level phone when it came out with a SD845. 

I gotten my Xiaomi note 9s during start of covid, about $300 only and till now still working fine. Battery holding charge still strong after 3 years unlike other brand like Samsung.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

To be fair to xiaomi. My wife is still using her mi8. 4.5 years already, albeit it was a flagship level phone when it came out with a SD845. 

Maybe just my luck with certain brands. But I should try Oppo, OnePlus and Vivo, next.

• Haha! 1

On 1/25/2023 at 7:56 PM, Tkseah said:

If u haven't buy yet.. can compare with OnePlus Nord CE2 5G.. Almost similar specs and performance at around $400..

These 2 "sister" models even look like each other.. and dimensity 900 is faster than snapdragon 695..

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11269&idPhone2=11397

Received the Nord CE2, it's damn fast compared to A17k, so I'm happy with it. Wish the screen size was a little larger.

However, with this OS, I can't seem to select network to choose between 5G, 4G, etc.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Received the Nord CE2, it's damn fast compared to A17k, so I'm happy with it. Wish the screen size was a little larger.

However, with this OS, I can't seem to select network to choose between 5G, 4G, etc.

I think if there is 5g sim card and you choose preferred network type of 5g/4g/3g it will lock to 5g if can be detected other default to 4g or 3g depending on signal strength.

• Praise 1

my oppo phone cant pair with my bluetooth game controllers well, not sure why. Seamless on my samsung tablet. 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:51 AM, DOBIEMKZ said:

From the dimensions this phone is quite slim and thin and so should be relatively easy to hold.

yup, 6.43" is quite pocket friendly. same as my current Oppo.

On 5/16/2023 at 10:40 AM, Tkseah said:

The indicative price for this seems relatively high.. 

not in a hurry. so will wait until 6 months after launch and some x.x sale on lazada or shopee.

Turbocharged
On 5/16/2023 at 12:18 PM, Blueray said:

yup, 6.43" is quite pocket friendly. same as my current Oppo.

not in a hurry. so will wait until 6 months after launch and some x.x sale on lazada or shopee.

The physical width is only 73mm plus and thickness is less than 8mm, also weight "only" 180g.  Nowadays many phones around 80mm wide and more than 200g. 

On 5/16/2023 at 12:48 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

The physical width is only 73mm plus and thickness is less than 8mm, also weight "only" 180g.  Nowadays many phones around 80mm wide and more than 200g. 

and still got 5000mAh battery. will go oppo shop to molest molest once this model is available. 

• Haha! 1

Oppo K11 announced with Snapdragon 782G and 50MP main cam

https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_k11_announced_with_snapdragon_782g_and_50mp_main_cam-news-59303.php

The entry-level 8/256GB trim is priced at CNY 1,899 ($265). The midpoint 12/256GB model is CNY 2,099 ($294) while the top-end 12/512GB version is CNY 2,499 ($350). Open sales in China start on August 1 while international pricing and availability is yet to be detailed.

this looks interesting ... 

• Praise 1

I am using the Oppo reno5, come free when I sign my contract. So this should be more than 3 years. My previous Samsung S9 kaput within 2 years. Screen went too bright. My son's Samsung experience the same issue. 

So, I guess it is also about luck and some spoil apples lah. I am not a heavy user, general wattsapp, MCF, TikTok to pass time. Each month never exceed 4 Gb although I have 60 Gb. 😆 Most phone today are quite good in my opinion. But I don't like iphone 😆

On 8/1/2023 at 2:43 PM, Victor68 said:

I am using the Oppo reno5, come free when I sign my contract. So this should be more than 3 years. My previous Samsung S9 kaput within 2 years. Screen went too bright. My son's Samsung experience the same issue. 

So, I guess it is also about luck and some spoil apples lah. I am not a heavy user, general wattsapp, MCF, TikTok to pass time. Each month never exceed 4 Gb although I have 60 Gb. 😆 Most phone today are quite good in my opinion. But I don't like iphone 😆

why not just go for the cheaper plan than. 

i use the basic giga plan also.

On 8/1/2023 at 2:44 PM, Lala81 said:

why not just go for the cheaper plan than. 

i use the basic giga plan also.

True I should. As senior, a $6 plan good enough but yet to take the action. Both my wife and I are on this current M1 $18 no contract plan but we hardly use the 60 Gb each. 😭 I am pretty sure many are like me. 

• Haha! 1