Oppo Mobile Phone Discussion Thread

Blueray

6 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

By the way does your Oppo phone have this feature called "Lock Screen Magazine" under Settings > Home Screen & Lock Screen?

Yeah the YouTube doesn't work. I went to your suggested lock screen. It was in lock screen magazine. I removed it. Let's see if it works. Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Yeah the YouTube doesn't work. I went to your suggested lock screen. It was in lock screen magazine. I removed it. Let's see if it works. Thanks

Yes. Those lock screen magazine of carousel features (whatever each brand names it) is a superfluous feature that is more gimmick than practical. And some may serve ads.

I suggest you also disable or turn off the Ads Personalisation somewhere  in Settings > Privacy.

10 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

By the way does your Oppo phone have this feature called "Lock Screen Magazine" under Settings > Home Screen & Lock Screen?

very irritating this thing.

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Xiaomi , Redmi phones also have such. Terrible. ://

I can't find this Lock Screen Magazine in my Redmi.

1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Yes. Those lock screen magazine of carousel features (whatever each brand names it) is a superfluous feature that is more gimmick than practical. And some may serve ads.

I suggest you also disable or turn off the Ads Personalisation somewhere  in Settings > Privacy.

What is this privacy thing?  I only got this 

Screenshot_2022-12-30-12-05-20-77_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

41 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I can't find this Lock Screen Magazine in my Redmi.

I think for Xiaomi and Redmi MIUI it goes by another name, I forgot the exact location, might be in "Wallpapers" or "Theme".

And by the way MIUI has this thingy called "MSA" (MIUI System Ads) in Settings which is to serve ads, so you may disable it under Settings > Password & security > Authorization & revocation > disable or turn off MSA.

Edited by DOBIEMKZ
  • Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Wow full of sh#t. Everything seem auto on by default instead of off. Hope I got them all settled. Thanks 

For some brands, ads revenue is like a sideline business. ://

noticed a lot of Oppo's "convenience" apps require consent to a third party.

so I typically do not use those apps unless I really have to. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think for Xiaomi and Redmi MIUI it goes by another name, I forgot the exact location, might be in "Wallpapers" or "Theme".

And by the way MIUI has this thingy called "MSA" (MIUI System Ads) in Settings which is to serve ads, so you may disable it under Settings > Password & security > Authorization & revocation > disable or turn off MSA.

Maybe you're referring to wallpaper carousel. I already delete it somehow.

msa is the first thing I revoke.

And many places with hidden "show recommendations"

• Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

this oppo flip seem to be better than the samsung flip :D

Oppo refines their product after Samsung refined and refined theirs, so most kinks they ironed out and add-in some extras.

On 12/27/2022 at 2:21 PM, DOBIEMKZ said:

I think those major or more renown Chinese phone brands their softwares or OSes are okay but many bloatwares. My times on Huawei and Xiaomi phones after each major updates always got unsolicited or unwanted apps that got installed alongside the updates.

OnePlus with Oxygen OS was the only brand I deemed stock and clean enough by default but now that it is fully subsetted into Oppo/Vivo I supposed the OS will not be as light and clean as before.://

Oxygen OS = ColorOS now. Really sad for OP owners including me. But my OP 7T no bloatware. Still run very smooth for an almost 4 year old phone. Was considering 10T but no volume slider (a deal breaker for me). Might go back to Pixel when my 7T conked. 

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Oxygen OS = ColorOS now. Really sad for OP owners including me. But my OP 7T no bloatware. Still run very smooth for an almost 4 year old phone. Was considering 10T but no volume slider (a deal breaker for me). Might go back to Pixel when my 7T conked. 

My last OP was the 6T which i gave away to a colleague.

And current Onplus phones no more physical slider for ring/vibration/mute!?😧😥😥😥

45 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

And current Onplus phones no more physical slider for ring/vibration/mute!?😧😥😥😥

The latest 10t don't have. In which they explained due to technical difficulty but promised to return the feature in the future. No sure true or not.

Seems that after latest Color OS 13 update there is this setting named "Enhanced Intelligence Services" (I don't seem to have see it before the latest update) which is on by default after the update. Settings > Additional Settings > System Services > Enhanced Intelligence Services.

image_2023-01-15_001447610.png

image_2023-01-15_001502299.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1