Melaka to build Disneyland

Flying_genie

Is it April's Fool day already?
Disney Theme Park to cost RM2 billion.
Maglev train to cost RM900 million.
Where are they going to find the money?
Without an international airport, how many international visitors are they expecting? Hoping for Singaporean visitors only? Siao ah? :a-confused:

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2022/11/851442/disneylands-biggest-theme-park-sea-be-built-melaka

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 9

16 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

Without an international airport, how many international visitors are they expecting? Hoping for Singaporean visitors only? Siao ah? :a-confused:

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2022/11/851442/disneylands-biggest-theme-park-sea-be-built-melaka

Govt gave the land. RM2bn Disney has to pay.

Maglev from loan lo. Isn’t that what was said

• Praise 2

Just now, inlinesix said:

You ask him lo

Since you SMLJ also 1mdb🤪

U say not ez mah. Bet ur BFF doesn't tink so 

23 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

It's election week :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Why no build in sg? Why why why

we very unhappy place

we need happy happy

Got such discussion before just did not materialize..

quote from internet

"They wanted a grand total of 300 hectares of land - 3 square kilometers; nearly 60% of the current size of Sentosa island. In land scare Singapore, that is a lot of land, but Disney wanted the land at a very cheap price, or for free - depending on which version you hear

Based on the hearsay grapevine, Disney wanted most of the initial investment to be directly funded from taxpayers’ money."

So if let say MBS/RWS funded by taxpayer money to build may not happen oso?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Got such discussion before just did not materialize..

quote from internet

"They wanted a grand total of 300 hectares of land - 3 square kilometers; nearly 60% of the current size of Sentosa island. In land scare Singapore, that is a lot of land, but Disney wanted the land at a very cheap price, or for free - depending on which version you hear

Based on the hearsay grapevine, Disney wanted most of the initial investment to be directly funded from taxpayers’ money."

So if let say MBS/RWS funded by taxpayer money to build may not happen oso?

Last time they want build in between yishun and yck mah

but now they should consider build in pulau brani

isnt that cool that we have two small island, one USS and another one Disney city? 

• Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

isnt that cool that we have two small island, one USS and another one Disney city? 

Depends.. they are pretty similar offering.. so may not capture the other spectrum of spender..

Just like IR... 2 is enuff and mkt saturated jor.. the incremental gain is getting smaller.. to put a third IR the potential investor need to spend MUCH MORE but with a saturated mkt i rather take my money elsewhere..

Micky Mouse Land will only doable if GOVT funded.. license and operated by Mickey

Think China Mickey is funded by STATE Owned enterprise.

"The resort was planned to cover an area of 4 km2 (1.5 sq mi) and it was expected to cost RMB 25,000,000,000 (US$3,660,000,000).[10] The project is financed by several large Chinese state-owned enterprises in Shanghai forming a joint venture with the Walt Disney Company"

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Praise 3

Johor got Lego land, why Malacca cannot have Disney land leh?

Lego land nearby also no international airport, only can reach via KL or SG, Malacca at least much nearer to KLIA. In fact other than Penang, all other parts of MY also have to via KLIA leh. 

As long as Disney willing to build and pay tax, create jobs for locals, land in MY is easy easy, half buy half free that kind of token also can talk. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Build in Malacca good leh, I can take a one way budget airline flight to KL, go up Genting, then book a coach to Malacca DL, after that book a van to JB do shopping, and come back to SG via road, some like idea hor. 

1:4 coming you know? [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3