‘Better to be alone than with the wrong person’: 5 S’poreans share why they are embracing singlehood

Fcw75

49 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

I very much agree. Is better to be single than be with the wrong person and suffer.

Actually you would not know de until after you got married and start living together la. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Actually you would not know de until after you got married and start living together la. 😂

When babies come out, yet another uncharted territory. But life is like that. If everything is already accurately predicted, there'd be no point.

• Praise 4

12 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

nowadays young people see marriage like a hardship, no time and no intend to maintain a relationship or make it work.

The rewards are high but the sacrifices are also high

a stable loving relationship is a force multiplier to life

a bad marriage will suck the life out of everyone 

• Praise 12

Even for me, if I get a next life, I also want to be single. Then I never have any headache at all. No need to care anything. But then when you die how. Haha

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Even for me, if I get a next life, I also want to be single. Then I never have any headache at all. No need to care anything. But then when you die how. Haha

My aunt is Single and migrated to Australia.

She is quite sick recently and move herself to Elderly Care Center.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

My aunt is Single and migrated to Australia.

She is quite sick recently and move herself to Elderly Care Center.

That is the problem lor

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

nowadays young people see marriage like a hardship, no time and no intend to maintain a relationship or make it work.

Commitment la bro

imagine work ald tiring come back still need serve empress dowager and worse if got kids 

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Commitment la bro

imagine work ald tiring come back still need serve empress dowager and worse if got kids 

That's why it must be an equal partnership in all aspects, even chores and responsibilities.

Think of it like acquiring a "wingman" or "co-pilot", someone to watch your six-o-clock, take over when necessary, giving you a break too!

Like I tell my kids on my lazy days, "hey, ask your mom; mom's the Captain today" [laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

22 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Commitment la bro

i think the commitment now is more toward pursuing own interests and hobbies than toward marriage and family.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i think the commitment now is more toward pursuing own interests and hobbies than toward marriage and family.

not really. So far from my friends, it's all doting lao pehs. 

But if really want to be less involved is usually cheong career one. 

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Me too man.

Euthanasia when old lor. 😁

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Commitment la bro

Depends on wife from where sometimes.

↡ Advertisement