‘Better to be alone than with the wrong person’: 5 S’poreans share why they are embracing singlehood

Fcw75

2 hours ago, Jman888 said:

nowadays young people see marriage like a hardship, no time and no intend to maintain a relationship or make it work.

Thats why divorce rate so high. 

↡ Advertisement

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

not really. So far from my friends, it's all doting lao pehs. 

But if really want to be less involved is usually cheong career one. 

Those who cheong career and dont involved simply using cheong career as an excuse lo. Some people want to enjoy marriage life and kids but dont want to get involve on things in the family, thought bringing money back home is enough liao.

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Even for me, if I get a next life, I also want to be single. Then I never have any headache at all. No need to care anything. But then when you die how. Haha

Aiya, when a person got married, then say better to stay single. But when a person is single, then wish to get married. Grass is always greener on the other side lo. 😅

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

I am surprised so many are not getting laid regularly. 

No wonder so many sovereigns these days. 🙄

Among the respondents who were single, 50 per cent were not currently dating and within this group, 38 per cent had never dated before.

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I am surprised so many are not getting laid regularly. 

No wonder so many sovereigns these days. 🙄

Among the respondents who were single, 50 per cent were not currently dating and within this group, 38 per cent had never dated before.

Never dated don’t mean no FWB ma. 😁

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 6

30 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

not really. So far from my friends, it's all doting lao pehs. 

But if really want to be less involved is usually cheong career one. 

i was referring to most of the young people who doesn't want to get involve/married.

Agree that the new age father are more doting and caring in the family.

Just now, Fcw75 said:

Never dated don’t mean no FWB ma.

Never never dated but got FWB?   Err...  That should be a date with sex.   The key word here is "regularly".  

Anyway, just kidding, single virgins should not take offense and most i know (not many and not verified), are pretty sane. 

• Haha! 1

Aiya, I also tok kok only. When my daughter doing good and happy, all is happy. 

If got problem, then the other side is better

Human always flip flop in the thinking one lah

• Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Aiya, when a person got married, then say better to stay single. But when a person is single, then wish to get married. Grass is always greener on the other side lo. 😅

You are damn right as I just commented😂

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

That's why it must be an equal partnership in all aspects, even chores and responsibilities.

Think of it like acquiring a "wingman" or "co-pilot", someone to watch your six-o-clock, take over when necessary, giving you a break too!

Like I tell my kids on my lazy days, "hey, ask your mom; mom's the Captain today" [laugh]

If u marry the right woman yes

but if u marry the wrong co pilot, the pilot will dive when u take a break

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If u marry the right woman yes

but if u marry the wrong co pilot, the pilot will dive when u take a break

some time i dun understand when people say this sentence.

if you talk about in the past where marriage were mostly 'arranged' then yes, but now most marriage has gone through dating, courting, and even living together. If the co-pilot is wrong mean both party should be blamed and not point one partner as a wrong co-pilot.

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

some time i dun understand when people say this sentence.

if you talk about in the past where marriage were mostly 'arranged' then yes, but now most marriage has gone through dating, courting, and even living together. If the co-pilot is wrong mean both party should be blamed and not point one partner as a wrong co-pilot.

Thats why alot divorce case nowadays 

and thats one of the reason as they blame one another

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

Thats why divorce rate so high. 

not i say one.

There were 7.2 male divorcees for every thousand married men aged 20 and over in 2021, down from 7.6 in 2011. Similarly, there were 6.9 female divorcees for every thousand married women aged 20 and over in 2021, down from 7.2 in 2011.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/more-marriages-divorces-singapore-2021-covid-19-measures-eased-2791786#:~:text=however%2C still lower.-,Advertisement,increased over the same period.

• Praise 1