‘Better to be alone than with the wrong person’: 5 S’poreans share why they are embracing singlehood

Fcw75

5 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Anybody here know of anyone who engaged but did not marry and got disengaged later after sometime for whatever reason?🤔

My colleague neighbour ROM, bought flat, furnish the flat, decided not compatible, wait 5 years then sell the flat with all the new unused 5 year old furniture inside.

The next owner tun as my colleague said the decor very nice.

:D  

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

After married for many decades, definitely you will find you have made a wrong choice but not only you, also her. 😆

If you don't get married, it will be very difficult to know if you have made the right or wrong choice too. Those in this league agree? 😆

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

I agree with this. 

Marriage is a partnership. Both sides must put in the effort in order for it to work. If only one-sided, sure will have problems sooner or later.

Correct, there must be fairly equal capabilities between both, and from there, will be mutual respect. Each partner brings a unique set of skills to the family. Only with mutual or at least grudging respect, then we can forgive the little faults or imperfections [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 5

8 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

I know of someone who got a BTO and stayed for 10 years already but never got engaged to her bf. 🤣

2-room BTO for singles above 35 is it?

10 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Anybody here know of anyone who engaged but did not marry and got disengaged later after sometime for whatever reason?🤔

me lor, but story for another day, I was 25 and stupid hahaha

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

Wah please start a thread one day. Sure mcf thread of the month. 

My cousin was engaged and bought the first Dawson dbss bto. Then when about project completed, cancel and split up. Lost the 20% down-payment. Think his parents helped pay it off cos he just started working only then. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

R u typing this with a knife press on ur neck😆.. ?

Absolutely not… married life is wonderful.., esp during covid period , we had each other during that tough period. I cant imagine spending the last 2 plus years living alone in my apartment without someone by my side .  I even told my mother in law, i am so blessed to meet your daughter … haha , i even gave my in laws a pair of watches as wedding gifts for both 

Edited by Estrangable
  • Praise 6

12 hours ago, Estrangable said:

Absolutely not… married life is wonderful.., esp during covid period , we had each other during that tough period. I cant imagine spending the last 2 plus years living alone in my apartment without someone by my side .  I even told my mother in law, i am so blessed to meet your daughter … haha , i even gave my in laws a pair of watches as wedding gifts for both 

Surely it is good to have someone during tough period, but there are also many people who are alone and able to survive thru tough period. Also there are people who have each other and yet ended up even more stress during tough period. You got hear many people got conflict and quarrel during the covid period when each other faces each other for nearly 24/7 in the house. 😅 

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Wah please start a thread one day. Sure mcf thread of the month

My cousin was engaged and bought the first Dawson dbss bto. Then when about project completed, cancel and split up. Lost the 20% down-payment. Think his parents helped pay it off cos he just started working only then. 

Agreed...this one consperm gets  better viewership than any Netflix new releases...😁

Go SLK...GO! We won't judge...we are brudders...we laugh together as brudders 😂

• Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Estrangable said:

But u always talking about Blue Wave etc? 😁

• Haha! 4

@Lala81 that was my naughty days la … when u are single, of cos u can go to all these places … dg, fkk ,bluewave . Once married, then thats the end . To be honest i don’t even know if bluewave is still operating. That was an absolute shithole 

Edited by Estrangable
  • Haha! 3

14 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Stupid? 

You were smart. 😁

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Raychay said:

just like a car....never test how to know if right or wrong? 😁

But some people buy without testing lo. Lol.

15 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Iirc, you shared in another post that she was caught red handed on some rooftop with another guy. 

😅😂 I oso think you are lucky to stumble on it and end the relationship then. 

Er.... do consider a new thread if you are comfortable sharing the journey, not for entertainment (though some may prepare popcorn) but perhaps, offering personal lessons on what to look out for to avoid similar mistakes or what helped you in ongoing journey to find your soul mate. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/17/2022 at 12:58 PM, Sosaria said:

When babies come out, yet another uncharted territory. But life is like that. If everything is already accurately predicted, there'd be no point.

Yeah, the fun in life is unpredictability but most Singaporeans are educated the logical way, maybe that contributes to how our younger generation sees marriage.

totally-illogical-spock.gif ClearAfraidErmine-size_restricted.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1