‘Better to be alone than with the wrong person’: 5 S’poreans share why they are embracing singlehood

Fcw75

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Soon I going to be alone for a period. I will have lots to do, clean house, water plants, and clean the pond and some more do my own laundry. So you think it's goo to be alone😂

Everything can be outsourced

😂

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Soon I going to be alone for a period. I will have lots to do, clean house, water plants, and clean the pond and some more do my own laundry. So you think it's goo to be alone😂

Alone to do the above is good. 2 reasons. 

1) You can do the above in anyway you want without someone else nagging you saying the way you do is wrong, could be better, why so slow, etc....

2) When you do the above alone,  you will start to feel gratitude about owning those things and still have the ability to maintain it.  Appreciation and gratitude is the ultimate happiness. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Arogab said:

That's day time.

Night time we got KTV and massage.

Yes its good to be alone sometimes.

:D

Yah lah some of us can only dream about owning a bungalow with a nice garden and a garden big enough to even have a pond.

13 minutes ago, Starry said:

1) You can do the above in anyway you want without someone else nagging you saying the way you do is wrong, could be better, why so slow, etc....

2) When you do the above alone,  you will start to feel gratitude about owning those things and still have the ability to maintain it.  Appreciation and gratitude is the ultimate happiness. 

If I was so rich I own a bungalow with a nice garden and a garden big enough to even have a pond.

I think I might just have enough for a gardener.

I am just guessing!

9 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Yah lah some of us can only dream about owning a bungalow with a nice garden and a garden big enough to even have a pond.

Actually I don't because a bungalow will come with maintenance issues and even if I outsource the work, I still have to make decisions on repair, cost,  replacements, etc. I have stayed in one before and I know the challenges.

All these add stress to me.

I want to keep stress to the bare minimum by owning less things these days.

• Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Starry said:

True to certain extend. Sometimes doing some things alone is much better, no need to hear another person keeps nagging at you, or want the things to be done in such a way that they like.

• Haha! 1

I 100% agree with you.

If I had just one less thing I think my stress reduce 100%.

My MIL.

1 minute ago, Starry said:

Actually I don't because a bungalow will come with maintenance issues and even if I outsource the work, I still have to make decisions on repair, cost,  replacements, etc. I have stayed in one before and I know the challenges.

All these add stress to me.

I want to keep stress to the bare minimum by owning less things these days.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Everything can be outsourced

😂

Can you just tell me privately?😋

1 hour ago, Starry said:

Yeah, when you don't have, you want them, when you got them, you hope someone will take care of them🤣

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

That's day time.

Night time we got KTV and massage.

Yes its good to be alone sometimes.

:ph34r: I am going to be alone is confirm. But after so much to do, I might not be able to massage people liao:XD:

59 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

If I was so rich I own a bungalow with a nice garden and a garden big enough to even have a pond.

I think I might just have enough for a gardener.

I am just guessing!

In Tomyam Land, everyone can have ponds as there are ponds everywhere. Some even live by the riverside above the water and have boats. Indeed, when I go visit some places, I dream of having a house by the river and boat. Can fish by the house🤣

Boat.jpeg

• Haha! 2

Marry Thai wife can!

They don't mind being second or third wife.

13 minutes ago, Arogab said:

😋

🤣

I dream of having a house by the river and boat. Can fish by the house

Boat.jpeg

span widget

Just now, Jamesc said:

Marry Thai wife can!

They don't mind being second or third wife.

span widget

For me no need to marry Thai wife, I can just rent. But the boat is indeed small. When my Chinese friend came, he heard about those Thai got house by riverside and boat. When he see the boat. He say he better go join @Jamesc and be his BFF

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1