Tyre Air

Extremme

1 minute ago, TangoCharlie said:

quite fast top up 4 tyres including unpacking/packing. overall still save time as the nearby petrol station always quite well patronised.

Mine is always unpacked. [:p]

Yah, overall still a lot faster. My place nearby petrol stations, the air pumps always got queue when I arrive. Sometimes got cars behind me, pump air also feel like a crime if not done quick enough and FO.  

Own pump just plug and pump, and while waiting can check check tyre and remove stones trap in the treads also. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

是的亲,我也这样. ^_^

Now is OTOT, just plug and pump. Sibeh song, and the song song. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

yeah so far no complaints from neighbours about the noise.  early early morning a bit paiseh to pump though.

Is it just me, but the above posts seems like taken from some forums @Jamesc @Mustank @Fcw75 @Inlinefour like to visit... :D

Back to the topic, can you all share the type of pump you are using? I am now no longer on RFT (after almost 6 years of not having to worry about flat tyre), so giving it a serious consideration since I like to travel up North.

Try searching online for portable pump but there are simply too much choices, and I reckon actual user feedback would still be the best. TIA. [:)]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

With regular driving and proper care. Unless you suay suay kena something. If not tyres just go service time do can liao. Even my current condition, not much time I go to pump air

21 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Is it just me, but the above posts seems like taken from some forums @Jamesc @Mustank @Fcw75 @Inlinefour like to visit... :D

Back to the topic, can you all share the type of pump you are using? I am now no longer on RFT (after almost 6 years of not having to worry about flat tyre), so giving it a serious consideration since I like to travel up North.

Try searching online for portable pump but there are simply too much choices, and I reckon actual user feedback would still be the best. TIA. [:)]

Hahaha, MotherCareForum?didn't know they lactate .... 🤪🤣🤪🤣. Jk lah. 

Am using 70 mai, plug to ciggie socket. 

Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Yep, I go SBF often.

Singapore Bike Forum right? 😆

I have Baseus and Xiaomi, both are fine.

But you will also need a tyre repair kit.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I use 2 types. A cheapie taobao one and a viair one from Amazon. 
mod course there is difference. Ultimately it is for emergency use. And the bugger better work. Viair for the win.didn’t want one which connects to the cig lighter in case the fuse blows. Direct batt connection is the best. 

Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor https://amzn.asia/d/8SMbD4G

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the replies. I just loot this (as an interim), since the price is too good to be missed. @Fcw75 you using this same model?

CxzGhP1.jpg

@Mkl22 that Viair unit you recommended seems very solid, but it is very bulky in actual and how long it will take to top up say about 2 - 3 bar, or a flat tyre?

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Thanks for the replies. I just loot this (as an interim), since the price is too good to be missed. @Fcw75 you using this same model?

CxzGhP1.jpg

@Mkl22 that Viair unit you recommended seems very solid, but it is very bulky in actual and how long it will take to top up say about 2 - 3 bar, or a flat tyre?

Mine old model and bigger.

This one looks like it will take a long time to inflate one tyre 😅

5 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

CxzGhP1.jpg

I did it a long time ago. A couple of minutes I think. 

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

CxzGhP1.jpg

This type ez to use.  But lack of power.  It will heat up easier.

I have 

https://shopee.sg/🇸🇬-XIAOMI-70mai-Car-Air-Compressor-Midrive-TP03-DC-12V-Portable-Electric-Car-Air-Pump-Mini-Tire-Inflator-Tyre-Pump-i.211612940.3956800814?sp_atk=9fa52559-3f63-4198-9f48-984136cfd3d4&xptdk=9fa52559-3f63-4198-9f48-984136cfd3d4

and

Slime Flat Tyre Repair Kit.

For slime, it is available locally.  It uses tyre sealant which requires replacement every few years.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

all my friends using Slime 

sealant in compressor 

21BB0021-408C-49FC-B983-782A18C31A05.jpeg

• Praise 2

@Carbon82

my portable pump is a Xiaomi which I bought from Shopee. Used 2 years already. less than $40 during flash sale.

portable air pumps have batteries inside so it was only Xiaomi or Baseus for me. no other funny China brands.

IMG20221119132603.jpg

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Blueray said:

@Carbon82

my portable pump is a Xiaomi which I bought from Shopee. Used 2 years already. less than $40 during flash sale.

portable air pumps have batteries inside so it was only Xiaomi or Baseus for me. no other funny China brands.

IMG20221119132603.jpg

yes these two brands should be the best, xiaomi or baseus

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

all my friends using Slime 

sealant in compressor 

21BB0021-408C-49FC-B983-782A18C31A05.jpeg

oh so just insert the sealant into the regular valve as a stop gap measure to the tyre shop? But after that how to flush out the slime?

As long as not pump methane or hydrogen will be safe.

But the specific gravity of nitrogen and standard air is different.

How do you compensate if you use the same pressure?

You see same pressure, different specific gravity = likely different volume. 

Will you get a harder tyre when using pure nitrogen to pump the tyres? 

Say 35 psi for for nitrogen comparing with air? 

How about using Carbon Dioxide?

Which is much denser with larger molecules. Wouldn't using Carbon dioxide prevent leakage?

43 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

oh so just insert the sealant into the regular valve as a stop gap measure to the tyre shop? But after that how to flush out the slime?

sorry I pump air only

Touch wood 

No slime sealant activated 

↡ Advertisement