ICE Vehicles vs Electric Vehicles Savings

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade,

Anybody, even idiots, who is old enough to have seen the CNG and diesel wave should know...sooner or later car electricity charges will be priced higher than home electricity...unless you got own charger.

Your own government you don't know then is you stupid. Fool me thrice ish I kam gong.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

57 minutes ago, Soya said:

The table of comparison didn't include annual depreciation after deducting the VES ripoff......opps, i mean 'rebate' for EV 

And if one is so free to revolve their time and planning around charging their EV probably is rich enough not to bother about cost differences

Till then, dino juice for me 

Depreciation has included rebate la

1 hour ago, Calinlin said:

Anybody, even idiots, who is old enough to have seen the CNG and diesel wave should know...sooner or later car electricity charges will be priced higher than home electricity...unless you got own charger.

Your own government you don't know then is you stupid. Fool me thrice ish I kam gong.

Gahmen already discouraging own charger by mandating annual inspection. Quite rediculous given that the home charger would be used 100 times in that 1 year, assuming charging to full twice a week. 

Oh I forgot, gahmen wants to create good paying jobs. EV charger inspector must be one of them. How yo apply? 

These days most of the new cars are hybrid, this article would  be more meaningful if they make a comparison between hybrid and EV. 

I din read what was written coz I know the tax just kills the idea of ev in sg.

I'm in for ev. Power just comes so much easier. I don't mind paying more for the car itself BUT, the additional tax doesn't make any sense. Again, I have to say I dont agree of gahman propaganda of going greener, but to tax more. 

Ev supposed to work best in a city state like ours but the tax just kills it. Also, not suitable to people who frequent trips to the north. So I will be sticking to T Rex juice Abit longer.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Depreciation has included rebate la

Instead of always trying to correct others, try giving a useful viewpoint instead 

• Praise 6

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Gahmen already discouraging own charger by mandating annual inspection. Quite rediculous given that the home charger would be used 100 times in that 1 year, assuming charging to full twice a week. 

Oh I forgot, gahmen wants to create good paying jobs. EV charger inspector must be one of them. How yo apply? 

U know how to tick a checklist or not? If yes, you're hired! 

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Yeah…. Since when going green is cheaper. If the manufacturer don’t ketok you. You can bet your last dollar, Ah gong here will. 
i realized that even on landed with own charger. Ah gong says must have annual checks and licensing. Sort of negates any saving by using own charger Liao. 

Most landed build own charger for convenience rather than saving 

3 hours ago, Soya said:

Instead of always trying to correct others, try giving a useful viewpoint instead 

Sooner or later you have jump into that bandwagon.

I am agile.

BBMW

1 hour ago, D3badge said:

In overseas, landed home install 32A industrial socket.

There is 32A industrial socket AC charger

Not sure whether it is allowed here

6FC442AE-822B-4076-BC5A-5DD156FE5929.jpeg

15 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

These days most of the new cars are hybrid, this article would  be more meaningful if they make a comparison between hybrid and EV. 

Would be really interesting to see the comparison it using the Kia/Hyundai. They have hybrid versions (not mild hybrid) of their EV of the same cars sold in SG e.g. Kona, Ioniq etc.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, D3badge said:

That depends i guess, if you buy a new EV from AD, some will include the installation of the wall box.

Charging rates from using home electricity rates can be half that of SP's rates of up to 58.8 cents/kwh...

11 hours ago, D3badge said:

Most overseas landed either have a separate parking garage or the house is big enough that when a car catches fire, the house may be safe as it will still be a distance away, for small landed house like what we see in SGP, once a car catches fire, basically the whole house is at risk. 

10 hours ago, inlinesix said:

In overseas, landed home install 32A industrial socket.

There is 32A industrial socket AC charger

Not sure whether it is allowed here

6FC442AE-822B-4076-BC5A-5DD156FE5929.jpeg

one day it will be approved. this has to be outdoor rating to be approved , because front car porch may have water splashing during heavy rain and strong wind.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Rickster said:

Would be really interesting to see the comparison it using the Kia/Hyundai. They have hybrid versions (not mild hybrid) of their EV of the same cars sold in SG e.g. Kona, Ioniq etc.

Ix3 is a compromise chassis. It might not be a good comparison.

• Praise 1

car ownership is about time-saving and conveniences.  EV is the opposite even with quick charge; the infrastructures are also years behind.  the dino taxes are also an oxymoron since they are cash-cows for the gahment; scholars shunned like vegetables; cannot ownself slap ownself. end up self=pwned.

2030 is the EV hard reset. will be interesting then 😀

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Vidz said:

car ownership is about time-saving and conveniences.  EV is the opposite even with quick charge; the infrastructures are also years behind.  the dino taxes are also an oxymoron since they are cash-cows for the gahment; scholars shunned like vegetables; cannot ownself slap ownself. end up self=pwned.

2030 is the EV hard reset. will be interesting then 😀

They can always U-turn when it is near 2030, they can just say the market has not evolved as expected blah blah blah, allow ICE cars till 2035 etc

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1