The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part III

RadX

Lolex so expensive and sought after of course kena stolen lah. Next time wear lousier brands like AP PP VC won't get easily recognized and stolen liao 😂

Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Jman888 said:

Couple ditch baby at Israel airport check-in counter instead of buying extra ticket

Airline staff can be seen uncovering a blanket off a carrier to find the baby inside. PHOTOS: SCREENGRAB FROM BRANDISAARI/TWITTER
Lok Jian Wen
UPDATED 4 MINS AGO

Late for their flight to Belgium on Tuesday, one couple realised they needed to buy an additional ticket for their baby only after they arrived at Israel’s Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv.

The pair elected not to fork out money for the extra ticket. They left their child at the check-in counter’s baggage conveyor belt and made a dash to clear security in an attempt to board their Ryanair flight to Brussels.

The pair, who hold Belgian passports, were informed by staff at the closed check-in counter that they had to buy an extra seat for their baby, local news outlet Kan reported on Tuesday.

In footage recorded on a smartphone circulating online, airline staff can be seen uncovering a blanket in a carrier to find the baby inside, reportedly saying in Hebrew the baby was left there.

Officials said it was unclear whether the couple were unable or unwilling to buy a ticket for their child.

They were reportedly urged by Ryanair staff to return for their child and were ultimately detained by airport security and Israeli police. They missed their flight, news agency Israel Today said on Tuesday.

A Ryanair manager at the airport told Israeli news outlet Channel 12: “All our staff were in shock. We’ve never encountered anything like this. We couldn’t believe what we were seeing.”

According to Ryanair’s website, babies can travel with their parents for a €25 (S$36) charge – or the local currency equivalent – for “each one-way flight the baby takes while sitting on an adult’s lap”. Parents can also choose to buy a separate seat.

A police spokesman said the matter appeared to have been resolved by the time police arrived at the airport.

“The baby was with the parents and there’s no further investigation,” the spokesman told CNN.

They didn't charge the couple? the baby could have died! 

Is it a ploy/attempt to get free passage ultimately for the baby? Otherwise, they definitely should be penalised for abandonment. 

Such irresponsible behaviour and parents. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

You don’t see the Xiao Mei innocent innocent, Seekali is the most fierce one

behind got 2 大傻. Not like Xiao Mei 足智多谟, but si Peh hoh pah

7FB2A9BE-7E6B-4D0B-8402-1605D9186D8D.jpeg

A85339D5-B777-497D-8415-968E43E8129A.jpeg

0553A389-472D-4209-B53C-C46FF240EA7D.jpeg

F5C800FB-5744-4A55-911B-EF76180F677D.jpeg

• Haha! 2

https://mothership.sg/2023/02/one-punggol-parking/

Diner shocked One Punggol charges S$3.20 flat parking fee after 6pm

Not by the minute.

A diner who went to get takeaway dinner from One Punggol Hawker Centre was shocked to find that she was charged S$3.20 for parking at the hub after just 20 minutes.

The diner wrote in to Mothership.sg to highlight the cost and express her shock.

Her account also appeared in Shin Min Daily News.

One Punggol is a one-stop community hub with a library, 700-seat hawker centre, childcare and senior care centres.

It officially opened in October 2022.

What happened

According to the diner, she drove to the hub to go to the One Punggol Hawker Centre in the evening as it was raining.

She was there to get takeaway meals for her children.

She arrived after 6pm that day.

When she left the premises barely 20 minutes later, she was charged a flat rate of S$3.20 for parking.

The woman said: "I got a rude shock when exiting the car park. The parking fee was S$3.20."

"That’s a per entry parking rate that basically offset any potential savings from my food orders."

This was unexpected as Punggol is in the heartlands and the surrounding are residential estates that charge 2 cents per minute for parking.

Shin Min reported the diner as saying: "I think they should take residents’ driving to pack food into consideration, and change the charging method at night to be the same as during the day, or it would be better to lower the fee.”

The woman also said she was not surprised to find out that "there are always cars illegally parked at the road outside" of One Punggol.

She added: "I asked around, and apparently, the per entry car park rate has been there since opening."

Parking more expensive than food

Another diner, a 37-year-old man, told Shin Min that the cost of parking was more than his food the last time he popped by for a takeaway meal.

He said: "Six chwee kueh cost S$3, and you can get a 10 per cent discount if you pay with the hawker centre app."

"The food is only S$2.70, but it costs S$3.20 to park for 15 minutes. I think the flat fee is very unfair."

He also said as he believes that One Punggol is a public facility, and it is not located in a mature estate, so the charges should not be too high.

In addition, parking at Our Tampines Hub in a mature estate is only S$2.40 flat.

The man proposed: "If it can't be lowered, can the 10 minutes of free parking be extended to 20 minutes?"

Looking into it

A spokesman for One Punggol told Shin Min that the hub has a total of 228 parking spaces, and the charges are within the range of neighboring non-residential facilities.

"However, we are also taking into account the feedback and needs of residents and the public who patronise the centre, so we will review the parking fee in the future to ensure that it is more affordable," the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson added that there are security guards at One Punggol to ensure that drivers do not park illegally by the road to avoid affecting the traffic situation there.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

After watching the full advert video i am still scratching my head.

Would I be more health conscious with lesser salts consumption daily

or waiting for the sequel the main leads to happily get married and has baby?  Kdrama?

What a waste of money. 😓

7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

or waiting for the sequel the main leads to happily get married and has baby?  Kdrama?

What a waste of money. 😓

Just look at the girl la. 🤪

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Kopites said:

What a waste of money. 😓

I usually avoid these ads.

I got the message after watching the video.

14 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Not by the minute.

A diner who went to get takeaway dinner from One Punggol Hawker Centre was shocked to find that she was charged S$3.20 for parking at the hub after just 20 minutes.

The diner wrote in to Mothership.sg to highlight the cost and express her shock.

One Punggol is a one-stop community hub with a library, 700-seat hawker centre, childcare and senior care centres.

What happened

According to the diner, she drove to the hub to go to the One Punggol Hawker Centre in the evening as it was raining.

When she left the premises barely 20 minutes later, she was charged a flat rate of S$3.20 for parking.

The woman said: "I got a rude shock when exiting the car park. The parking fee was S$3.20."

"That’s a per entry parking rate that basically offset any potential savings from my food orders."

This was unexpected as Punggol is in the heartlands and the surrounding are residential estates that charge 2 cents per minute for parking.

Shin Min reported the diner as saying: "I think they should take residents’ driving to pack food into consideration, and change the charging method at night to be the same as during the day, or it would be better to lower the fee.”

The woman also said she was not surprised to find out that "there are always cars illegally parked at the road outside" of One Punggol.

She added: "I asked around, and apparently, the per entry car park rate has been there since opening."

Another diner, a 37-year-old man, told Shin Min that the cost of parking was more than his food the last time he popped by for a takeaway meal.

He said: "Six chwee kueh cost S$3, and you can get a 10 per cent discount if you pay with the hawker centre app."

"The food is only S$2.70, but it costs S$3.20 to park for 15 minutes. I think the flat fee is very unfair."

He also said as he believes that One Punggol is a public facility, and it is not located in a mature estate, so the charges should not be too high.

In addition, parking at Our Tampines Hub in a mature estate is only S$2.40 flat.

The man proposed: "If it can't be lowered, can the 10 minutes of free parking be extended to 20 minutes?"

Looking into it

A spokesman for One Punggol told Shin Min that the hub has a total of 228 parking spaces, and the charges are within the range of neighboring non-residential facilities.

"However, we are also taking into account the feedback and needs of residents and the public who patronise the centre, so we will review the parking fee in the future to ensure that it is more affordable," the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson added that there are security guards at One Punggol to ensure that drivers do not park illegally by the road to avoid affecting the traffic situation there.

Simple ....

Get a bicycle

Or just pay and have dinner there.

14 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Not by the minute.

What happened

Looking into it

$3.20 per entry from 6pm is similar to parking rates charged by big popular malls. 

she can write in to PAP MP Edward Chia lor. 

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Blueray said:

$3.20 per entry from 6pm is similar to parking rates charged by big popular malls. 

she can write in to PAP MP Edward Chia lor. 

Never say which company is managing the carpark. 

Anyway it is more than a hawker center. Tabao ppl I think is not the majority. Might as well sit down dine and go library after that? Make full use of the carpark charges.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2