The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part III

RadX

1 hour ago, Abracadabra said:

Sometimes I wonder how they test/check for unsound mind? 

By asking if they are crazy?

1) Second, he continues to have poor insight into his mental health issues, maintaining that he does not suffer from mental illness. 

2) Tung is also resistant to treatment and medical investigations, saying there is no such thing as mental illness, that medications are of no use and that he does not have a psychiatric condition.

↡ Advertisement

Scammers duped man who took PhD, claiming he had to pay additional taxes for degree

SINGAPORE - Having spent two years pursuing an online PhD from an American university, a man was told he would not get his degree if he did not pay additional taxes.

Wanting to be known only as Mike, the semi-retired executive said he had already paid about US$20,000 (S$26,500) in school fees to the university, which was a legitimate one.

But a person claiming to be from the Internal Revenue Service in the United States said he would have to pay another US$14,000 in “educational taxes” that would later be refunded, or the agency would withhold his degree and open an investigation against him.

Even though the calls and messages purportedly from the authorities in America came via WhatsApp, and not via official university channels, Mike, who is in his 60s, was afraid because of the threat of legal action.

He said: “I needed the PhD, which I worked hard for via online classes and had written a thesis for almost two years. I was afraid I would be detained when I travelled to the US for the convocation.

“My mind was really clouded, and I didn’t suspect it was a scam. They kept pressing me and so, in the end, I gave in.”

He had already been issued his transcript, but the scammers had convinced him legal action would be taken against him if he did not pay up.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/scammers-duped-man-who-took-phd-claiming-he-had-to-pay-additional-taxes-for-degree

• Haha! 2

On 1/14/2023 at 11:27 AM, Jamesc said:

Scammers duped man who took PhD, claiming he had to pay additional taxes for degree

SINGAPORE - Having spent two years pursuing an online PhD from an American university, a man was told he would not get his degree if he did not pay additional taxes.

Wanting to be known only as Mike, the semi-retired executive said he had already paid about US$20,000 (S$26,500) in school fees to the university, which was a legitimate one.

But a person claiming to be from the Internal Revenue Service in the United States said he would have to pay another US$14,000 in “educational taxes” that would later be refunded, or the agency would withhold his degree and open an investigation against him.

Even though the calls and messages purportedly from the authorities in America came via WhatsApp, and not via official university channels, Mike, who is in his 60s, was afraid because of the threat of legal action.

He said: “I needed the PhD, which I worked hard for via online classes and had written a thesis for almost two years. I was afraid I would be detained when I travelled to the US for the convocation.

“My mind was really clouded, and I didn’t suspect it was a scam. They kept pressing me and so, in the end, I gave in.”

He had already been issued his transcript, but the scammers had convinced him legal action would be taken against him if he did not pay up.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/scammers-duped-man-who-took-phd-claiming-he-had-to-pay-additional-taxes-for-degree

At 60 leow, why go for Permanant Head Damage (PHD) ... 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

some time I wonder where all the education goes to. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

29 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

some time I wonder where all the education goes to. 

Some peoples just like a "Title" in their names in name card like Asst Prof, Prof, PBM, PBS, MM, SM,.... etc. 😀😀

He just wanted to add 'Asst Prof' to his name card but cheated got out... 🤣

12 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

This 31 yo guy has never seen or touch a woman before?

Ohhh, he comes from a village. No wonder.

• Haha! 3

6 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Someone ever told me, he wanted to die with a Dr title. 😆 Dr So and So not just Mr. 

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

This 31 yo guy has never seen or touch a woman before?

Ohhh, he comes from a village. No wonder.

Village girls all not pretty and young meh?

Those minority group from very ulu part of China also very pretty.🤣

main-qimg-f6cf68afd21e0018d84220765e07c18c-pjlq.jpeg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

39 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

He should instead ask her what she's been swallowing....

Maybe plenty of bird fluid....

I meant swallow saliva...

Oh.. it's birds nest.

• Haha! 3

On 1/10/2023 at 1:44 PM, mersaylee said:

Stupiak...donno how to count type...5k for only one squeeze...with 5k can be happy many many times with any 猫山王后...😅

$5k into whose coffer?

WHY?? 🤔

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Village girls all not pretty and young meh?

Those minority group from very ulu part of China also very pretty.🤣

main-qimg-f6cf68afd21e0018d84220765e07c18c-pjlq.jpeg

Many kenna advance booking from other parents from young(arranged marriage). Some slow to make booking lose out. China has more guys than girls in terms of population so the young girls are taken up fast.

• Praise 1