Teens Selling Ice Cream Door to Door

Abracadabra

Minutes ago, my doorbell rang. Upon opening the door, there was this young teenager with a styrofoam box on a trolley selling blocks of ice cream. Nice chap, he intro himself saying he's selling ice cream to earn some pocket money during the school holidays. 

What brand of ice cream is that and how much is it per carton I asked him, reaching for my wallet ... intending to help him.

Evergreen ...... $15

WHAT?? My eyes almost popping out. I'm sorry but that's way too expensive and it's not even Walls or Meadow Gold. 

I had a piece of advice for him and that was to quit this part time job. I think the company is up to no good. Conning youngsters to run round the neighborhood lugging huge heavy styrofoam boxes and pay them measly commission. 

$15 ... actual cost of ice cream maybe only $2-$3 (charpalang brand) ..... commission per box $2 and these con men company taking in $10 profit for every box sold?

If my memory did not fail me, 10-15 years ago I encountered this door to door sale of ice cream by teenagers. That time out of pity bought one box for $15(?) and it turns out ice cream was damn awful, powdery kind of half melted flavoured ice and milk concoction. I knew too late I was cheated, not by the youngsters but by the company or persons employing them.

Just now at the door there was a flashback and regretfully I had to turn the boy away empty handed.

I may have paid for it if I was working but I have been lobo-ing at home for the past 2.5 years.

I'M SORRY 😔😐

Edited by Abracadabra
Typo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 6

22 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

image.png.101827a35248a0d9ce8ba2f5722d1184.png

Any 3 for $25.00, Save $18.50

Till 1st Dec 2022

Nowadays eat McD ice cream on a cone but only once in a while. Used to wallop a whole tub of Dreyers watching EPL on weekends but not anymore. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

this is such an old scam, still got people fall for it?

Old people don’t fall for old scams, they fall for new.

younger people don’t fall for new scams cause they internet savy, but fall old ones, cause they eat salt less than rice. 🤣

• Haha! 3

selling ice cream door to door is so yesterday liao. I did buy from them once,  no need to preach them. 

I buy from one auntie eveey week who push the yakult cart from door to door. Some time cannot finish just ask my girl to bring to office and share with colleagues [laugh]

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

I bought once but got a earful (every now and then) from wife when the same brand goes for less than 10 bucks at supermarket. And it was soft.... And still in freezer half CONsumed. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

I bought once but got a earful (every now and then) from wife when the same brand goes for less than 10 bucks at supermarket. And it was soft.... And still in freezer half CONsumed. 

Wife will always ask is it a syt xmm selling, that's why you buy. Right? [laugh]

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Wife will always ask is it a syt xmm selling, that's why you buy. Right? [laugh]

Sounds exactly like my wife.... And that fact made it worse though I really wish to help the young mother. 🥲

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Sounds exactly like my wife.... And that fact made it worse though I really wish to help the young mother. 🥲

your wife was worried that it was a young mother.

• Shocked 1

Evergreen brand ice cream? Never heard of it le?

This era still have students going door to door to sell ice cream? Thought now doing delivery food earn more money?

On 11/24/2022 at 8:03 PM, Abracadabra said:

Minutes ago, my doorbell rang. Upon opening the door, there was this young teenager with a styrofoam box on a trolley selling blocks of ice cream. Nice chap, he intro himself saying he's selling ice cream to earn some pocket money during the school holidays. 

What brand of ice cream is that and how much is it per carton I asked him, reaching for my wallet ... intending to help him.

Evergreen ...... $15

WHAT?? My eyes almost popping out. I'm sorry but that's way too expensive and it's not even Walls or Meadow Gold. 

I had a piece of advice for him and that was to quit this part time job. I think the company is up to no good. Conning youngsters to run round the neighborhood lugging huge heavy styrofoam boxes and pay them measly commission. 

$15 ... actual cost of ice cream maybe only $2-$3 (charpalang brand) ..... commission per box $2 and these con men company taking in $10 profit for every box sold?

If my memory did not fail me, 10-15 years ago I encountered this door to door sale of ice cream by teenagers. That time out of pity bought one box for $15(?) and it turns out ice cream was damn awful, powdery kind of half melted flavoured ice and milk concoction. I knew too late I was cheated, not by the youngsters but by the company or persons employing them.

Just now at the door there was a flashback and regretfully I had to turn the boy away empty handed.

I may have paid for it if I was working but I have been lobo-ing at home for the past 2.5 years.

I'M SORRY 😔😐

I would have forwarded them a $15 without the icecream. Is not an easy job going door to door dragging a big box around. 

I have not seen such seller around my area. They won't get past the security anyway. 🤔

• Praise 1

Encounter twice..a lian wearing sch uniform from East side of spore ( I stay West) knock my door say this is the last box, hope I can help. I say dont want, immediately gets angry and start to question why I not buying ? Not a big money what, why cant I help ? I say I dont eat ice cream.

Turn head and walk off. Then I heard some laughing at the carpark, saw a lao beng squat beside a van and smoking, laughing with the other boys who are also has trolley with styrofoam box.

Conclusion : Don't buy and the ice cream looks fake, who knows eat liao kanna poison then who can U confront ?

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Rollagt said:

Encounter twice..a lian wearing sch uniform from East side of spore ( I stay West) knock my door say this is the last box, hope I can help. I say dont want, immediately gets angry and start to question why I not buying ? Not a big money what, why cant I help ? I say I dont eat ice cream.

Turn head and walk off. Then I heard some laughing at the carpark, saw a lao beng squat beside a van and smoking, laughing with the other boys who are also has trolley with styrofoam box.

Conclusion : Don't buy and the ice cream looks fake, who knows eat liao kanna poison then who can U confront ?

Technically it is like those home-cooked and prepared food being sold on unofficial basis without proper licensing and checks from NEA. If got food poisoning there's no recourse.

↡ Advertisement