What to do if the delivered car not match its description?

godson_lee

I just bought a 2nd hand car advertised "electric seats" and the salesman also said it is "electric seats" but actually it is manual seats.

My careless did not check it out before purchasing. Now the dealer said it is the admin who post the vehicle made a mistake on it...

What should I do with it? I have no idea but to seek for advice here🙏

Seat0.jpg

↡ Advertisement

There's nothing you can do about it, since this is a used car, you should have done all the necessary checks during your viewing and test drive, before you sign on the dotted line. 

It will be different if it is a brand new unit whereby you have no chance to view and confirm. Take it as paying school fee and move on. 

• Praise 22

I personally think there is a case as the specs are lower than that as advertised. Further more the dealer had admitted that it was their mistake in the advertisement. Try claim the difference rather than rejecting the car as the car has been accepted. 

TS' mistake is failing to inspect before taking delivery. 

11 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

When collect car why never move the seats?

:D

Anyway no electric won't die lah.

lucky the car dealer didn't ask for additional charges for the lightweight seat option

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, godson_lee said:

I just bought a 2nd hand car advertised "electric seats" and the salesman also said it is "electric seats" but actually it is manual seats.

My careless did not check it out before purchasing. Now the dealer said it is the admin who post the vehicle made a mistake on it...

What should I do with it? I have no idea but to seek for advice here🙏

Seat0.jpg

what do you want them to do? take back the car, compensate you financially or replace the seats with electric seats? 

it's all negotiation now as they have admitted they misrepresented it, although to be fair, i think it's a pretty minor issue. Best to talk to them nicely but firmly.

does this car model have option for electric seats?

• Praise 1

Anyway I have one spare and TS can have it free.

Just as soon as my MIL finish using it.

She won't be needing it again!

image.png.c2753ac1e3a22424f4971fccf51be27a.png

• Haha! 8

As much as TS is at fault for not checking properly, (Caveat Emptor)

However...

Dealer also misrepresented by indicating in words in the SGCM advertisement that there was electric seat function when there was not.

"Now the dealer said it is the admin who post the vehicle made a mistake on it..." --- I hope it was a written piece of evidence on certain communication platforms (Do check if it's legally binding and can be presented as evidence in court, should TS want to go that far)

If there was indeed a written declaration from the dealer that it was a mistake on their part, you can try to claim back the difference for the electric seat function

Just my 2 seats of opinion

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Nth u can do

on positive note no electric seat mean less problem in future especially motor issue or motor noise😆

ya if electric seat motor spoil means it's stuck permanently

• Praise 1

I'm confused: you went to buy a second hand car and you didn't test drive? Or if you did, you had not adjusted the seat for your own comfort unless it was perfectly suited to you that you did not see the need to adjust it?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

I'm confused: you went to buy a second hand car and you didn't test drive? Or if you did, you had not adjusted the seat for your own comfort unless it was perfectly suited to you that you did not see the need to adjust it?

True, surely need to adjust the car seat during test drive, so should know the seat is electric or manual. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Nth u can do

on positive note no electric seat mean less problem in future especially motor issue or motor noise😆

if you are the only driver, electric seat doesn't make much sense, you adjusted it once or twice then won't touch it for a long long time

if you share car with another driver, it is godsend

if you have multiple girlfriends, passenger side electric seat with many memory settings is godsend+++

you wife won't question you, who adjusted my seat?

• Haha! 11

If electric seat is part of the contract then dealer have to compensate.

If electric seat is only in the ad then the ad is an invitation to treat and is not part of the contract and dealer no need to compensate.

We used car dealers these days are very well versed in the law.

I even remember one lawyer bought a car that was clocked and he took the dealer to court and the dealer won the case.

We new used  car dealers are changing the image of used car dealers and no longer the boh tak chek ah beng types like in the past.

I do not give legal advice in any way, shape or form.

Please consult a legal profession for any legal advice needed.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2