What to do if the delivered car not match its description?

godson_lee

From manual to electric seats, I have come to appreciate the convenience of electric ones. 

Renault's Grand Scenic/Picasso manual seats are a pain to use. If u are seated, it takes Herculean strength to manually adjust unless u can float your body. 😂 My friend say one. 

Anyways, depends on what u want as compensation and how much u intend to spend to pursue the matter. 

There is a clear misrepresentation from the advertisement to the unit you bought. It is a minor issue but understandably one that can cause much inconvenience. The ball is in your court.

You just need to weigh if its worth your time and more money to pursue the matter. 

If can, change car. Oops. Pardon my jest. Hope you can either learn to live with it (it is still partly your fault for not checking before deciding to buy) or fight like no tomorrow. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Gnahp said:

if you are the only driver, electric seat doesn't make much sense, you adjusted it once or twice then won't touch it for a long long time

if you share car with another driver, it is godsend

if you have multiple girlfriends, passenger side electric seat with many memory settings is godsend+++

you wife won't question you, who adjusted my seat?

But ah not all electric seat comes with memory settings lo. Some cars have electric seats but no memory settings, so if have multiple gfs, wifey still able to know who adjusted her seat. 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

47 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I personally think there is a case as the specs are lower than that as advertised. Further more the dealer had admitted that it was their mistake in the advertisement. Try claim the difference rather than rejecting the car as the car has been accepted. 

TS' mistake is failing to inspect before taking delivery. 

I guess if dealer admitted it was their mistake in the advertisement, really nothing much can the customer do. Same like if the shop advertise the price wrongly, they can also no need to honour on the price on the ad. 😅

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I guess if dealer admitted it was their mistake in the advertisement, really nothing much can the customer do. Same like if the shop advertise the price wrongly, they can also no need to honour on the price on the ad. 😅

that's true

recently I saw a reputable online platform selling a tool that cost $600+ for $70

I know it is a mistake

but I tried my luck, had the quotation, invoice all stated $70

they contacted me, apologised and admitted it is a mistake

refunded my $70

• Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Provided the mistake is discovered and made known to the buyer. Otherwise the element of misrepresentation is valid.

• Praise 1

CASE once told me this.

If i choose to believe whatever the car sale man said and its not delivered, its call sales talk and you chose to believe it. TMD.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

27 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Cham lah. Later the dealer put a battery and 2 electrodes on the back of the seat. (That will be an electric seat)😂

@Jamesc will love it one

I made this one for my MIL

:D

image.thumb.png.2d888e3cef9ac15afce756ba6ba72cd8.png

• Haha! 6

Get into the car and drive off how not to know there is no electric seat?

The salesman adjusted the seat until shoik shoik TS sit so nicely never bothered to adjust?

9 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I made this one for my MIL

image.thumb.png.2d888e3cef9ac15afce756ba6ba72cd8.png

For MIL, must at least got some design. Maybe put in the LV or Prada logo🤣

2 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

I'm confused: you went to buy a second hand car and you didn't test drive? Or if you did, you had not adjusted the seat for your own comfort unless it was perfectly suited to you that you did not see the need to adjust it?

mind power test drive? if its eye power he would have seen it.

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

From manual to electric seats, I have come to appreciate the convenience of electric ones. 

Renault's Grand Scenic/Picasso manual seats are a pain to use. If u are seated, it takes Herculean strength to manually adjust unless u can float your body. 😂 My friend say one. 

Anyways, depends on what u want as compensation and how much u intend to spend to pursue the matter. 

There is a clear misrepresentation from the advertisement to the unit you bought. It is a minor issue but understandably one that can cause much inconvenience. The ball is in your court.

You just need to weigh if its worth your time and more money to pursue the matter. 

If can, change car. Oops. Pardon my jest. Hope you can either learn to live with it (it is still partly your fault for not checking before deciding to buy) or fight like no tomorrow. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

never faced any problem with manual seat my whole life driving or sitting in any car. from the old W123 to modern day suzuki or toyota.

Had a french kangoo and it was fine too. must be your friend lousy or exceed the weight capacity of the seat. 🤣

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Anyway I have one spare and TS can have it free.

Just as soon as my MIL finish using it.

She won't be needing it again!

image.png.c2753ac1e3a22424f4971fccf51be27a.png

Just make sure the CB doesn't trip...i mean that power source thingy...😁

• Haha! 3

What's the difference between electric seats and manual seats?  Electric seats let's you make the most minute of adjustments while manual seats only have limited adjustments?

If that's the case, I think electric seats is not that important bah.

↡ Advertisement