‘This is the worst I have seen in 20 years’: Quiet showrooms drive many car sales staff out of industry

kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

i like the way that Tesla do sales. Honestly, do we really need car salesman? Are they really bringing value to consumers? 

Sometimes i feel real estate agents are not really necessary as well, esp for HDB transactions. 

A friend sold his hdb on his own without an agent. Simple process. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

They talk about online sale, I smell opportunity. 😈

I would never buy a car without trying it on first....... like shoes and glasses.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

They talk about online sale, I smell opportunity. 😈

Think what we need is a new car sales aggregator website maciam carwow to move the game forward 

The current bricks & mortar sales channel is outdated and how many times hv we walked out of a showroom coz the SE gave bad vibes?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, mikk123 said:

the person in charge keeps on saying, everything is fine and everything is normal. speechless at his ignorance. 😠

still can take millions $ celery of course still fine and normal mah..... 🤣

2 hours ago, mikk123 said:

I guess the it is ok to sacrifice a small number of car salesmen livelihood to keep the COE high. This is totally unnecessary if the supply is constant and the market is stable. Then a few years later, those who left has to decide if they want come back or not? really shitty! 

They can joint Grab or Go-jek.... [sly]

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

i like the way that Tesla do sales. Honestly, do we really need car salesman? Are they really bringing value to consumers? 

Sometimes i feel real estate agents are not really necessary as well, esp for HDB transactions. 

The value they bring to consumers are convenience, many are willing to pay for it.

But u r right. Their services are not a need at all, for real estate agents, we have a choice not to use them though.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

the multiplier effect is gonna make it (cost of living) hit us bad.

however, not for the low income nor the high income.

more for the middle income.

those between $10,000 to $30,000 per mth. Becos the poor dont spend on high end stuff, the rich can well afford high end stuff.

its the in betweens that always suffer 

I think low income is hardest hit.

If your monthly expenditure is $15k a month, 10% inflation means $1.5k more a month.  

If you have 1 million dollar in t-bills (for simplicity) yielding 4%, up from 1% previously, the additional 3% interest will give you $2.5k of interest a month.

While 4% interest can't catch up with inflation, at least it helps to cushion the cashflow,  notwithstanding the negative impact on what you can buy with the 1 million.

I presume with your 10million portfolio, you should do just fine. 

• Haha! 3

33 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If your monthly expenditure is $15k a month, 10% inflation means $1.5k more a month.  

If you have 1 million dollar in t-bills (for simplicity) yielding 4%, up from 1% previously, the additional 3% interest will give you $2.5k of interest a month.

While 4% interest can't catch up with inflation, at least it helps to cushion the cashflow,  notwithstanding the negative impact on what you can buy with the 1 million.

Still losing a HDB to date….no lah my portfolio no hv $10m. 🥹😢

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, bsswan said:

I would never buy a car without trying it on first....... like shoes and glasses.

Now for shoes and clothing, many people buy without trying. Lol.

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

Actually the best time to buy a car is when the showrooms are quiet, but this time it is killed by the high coe.

Car showrooms will never quiet if the coe is low. Lol. 

• Haha! 3

Recently when I bought a new car, the sales person told me that the reason why there are very few visitors to showroom, is due to the fact that this last two years the number of cars to be scrapped is very very low.  But come year 2024, the number of cars to be scrapped will be very much higher, and the supply of COE will then be very high.

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I think for someone with 15k expenditure, likely to have multiple source of income and investments that can help stave off the inflation impact - e.g. Commercial/residential office rental income, businesses profit sharing, stock dividends etc. 

Don't think the 10% inflation will cause any forms of discomfort unless they're overleveraged.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3