‘This is the worst I have seen in 20 years’: Quiet showrooms drive many car sales staff out of industry

kobayashiGT

Car dealers no business because they don't know how attract customers.

I know because I use catchy songs like Fleetwood Mac, coffee and biscuits, syt sales assistants like Madonna with the big boo boos.

:D 

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah car lite, PMD/PMA heavy :grin:.

I see so many young men stronger than me in PMAs :slow: or SG's disability population shooting through the roof?

Go & shame them la

🤭

Reply by Senior Minister of State for Transport and Sustainability and the Environment Dr Amy Khor:

1.     There is no evidence that private hire car (PHC) companies have caused the increase in COE bid prices. LTA has been monitoring the market closely and over the past year the demand for COEs from PHC companies as well as the overall PHC population have been stable.

2.     Recognising the role shared point-to-point (P2P) transport plays in our land transport system, from 2012, taxi operators did not have to bid for a COE to register their taxis. Instead, they draw from the pool of Category E (Open) COEs and pay the Category A COE prevailing quota premium. Taxi Availability standards were also introduced, and taxi operators can grow their fleets by up to 2% per annum, subject to meeting the standards.

3.     Unlike taxis, PHCs are essentially privately owned cars that have the flexibility and autonomy to take passengers, thereby augmenting our supply of P2P vehicles. Hence, PHCs are treated like privately owned cars under the vehicle quota system. Removing PHCs from the bidding pool and creating a new category with specific requirements, such as a minimum number of trips to prevent abuse would be difficult to enforce and adds to the compliance cost for PHC operators, drivers, and ultimately consumers.

4.     LTA will continue to monitor the P2P sector and study schemes for further enhancement.

8 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Reply by Senior Minister of State for Transport and Sustainability and the Environment Dr Amy Khor:

1.     There is no evidence that private hire car (PHC) companies have caused the increase in COE bid prices. LTA has been monitoring the market closely and over the past year the demand for COEs from PHC companies as well as the overall PHC population have been stable.

2.     Recognising the role shared point-to-point (P2P) transport plays in our land transport system, from 2012, taxi operators did not have to bid for a COE to register their taxis. Instead, they draw from the pool of Category E (Open) COEs and pay the Category A COE prevailing quota premium. Taxi Availability standards were also introduced, and taxi operators can grow their fleets by up to 2% per annum, subject to meeting the standards.

3.     Unlike taxis, PHCs are essentially privately owned cars that have the flexibility and autonomy to take passengers, thereby augmenting our supply of P2P vehicles. Hence, PHCs are treated like privately owned cars under the vehicle quota system. Removing PHCs from the bidding pool and creating a new category with specific requirements, such as a minimum number of trips to prevent abuse would be difficult to enforce and adds to the compliance cost for PHC operators, drivers, and ultimately consumers.

4.     LTA will continue to monitor the P2P sector and study schemes for further enhancement.

The problem is, number 3 is not technically accurate.

They should differentiate between privately owned PHV (those old ah pek who own lao pok E-Class Merc and do Grab to while away time) and fleet owned rental PHV.

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, Philipkee said:

There are actually many rich people in Singapore.  Unfortunately, they are probably not here 😞

except for @Throttle2and his sifu @Enyeiirc

Mai siao leh, Philipkee.  
Enye can lah.  I am just an ant

• Haha! 3

14 hours ago, Scion said:

many years ago, the Borneo Motors sale people were quite stuck up, cos Toyota cars were selling like hot cakes

it's like "ai lai mai sua" attitude

well, as the old Chinese saying, 30 years river east, 30 years river west

BM of ai Lai mai sua is the correct behaviour. Have u take a weekend and just sit next to a sales to close the deal? Some potential customers really push all the way with the squeeze gao gao. Behaviour.

So why subject yourself to such cruelty when the product sells by itself 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
18 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

why u play with underage chest u want to tell here.. too much info leh

Aiyah. naturally come out one. Hahhaha. No harm was incurred during any incident. hahaha. 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
19 hours ago, Atonchia said:

He was selling bread and butter car brand?

Premium makes shouldn't be affected much right? 

the photo shows a Korean brand. Should be a bread and butter car. hahahahah. 

I can't be sure, let's assume. hahahah 

26 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Aiyah. naturally come out one. Hahhaha. No harm was incurred during any incident. hahaha. 

Ok .. subscribed to MCF fans only access .. 

• Haha! 1

My BM sales and service all very good leh. Sales even tell me no need to pay for guaranteed COE price, will sure get your car one.

14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

I only believe when i see the data.. show the data of the bidders

• Praise 2

42 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

I only believe when i see the data.. show the data of the bidders

I also a bit clueless . Does grab and get go and blue SG also part of what was described ? 

16 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I also a bit clueless . Does grab and get go and blue SG also part of what was described ? 

My estate got a brand new GetGo SNH Hyundai Ioniq Electric.

Edited by Fcw75