‘This is the worst I have seen in 20 years’: Quiet showrooms drive many car sales staff out of industry

kobayashiGT

5 hours ago, Arogab said:

My BM sales and service all very good leh. Sales even tell me no need to pay for guaranteed COE price, will sure get your car one.

Heard those BM SE still taking turns to polish the statue of their mostest loyalest customer......lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

My estate got a brand new GetGo SNH Hyundai Ioniq Electric.

Can go hire n jiak those pesky Blue SG hell drivers 

• Haha! 1

18 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Reply by Senior Minister of State for Transport and Sustainability and the Environment Dr Amy Khor:

1.     There is no evidence that private hire car (PHC) companies have caused the increase in COE bid prices. LTA has been monitoring the market closely and over the past year the demand for COEs from PHC companies as well as the overall PHC population have been stable.

2.     Recognising the role shared point-to-point (P2P) transport plays in our land transport system, from 2012, taxi operators did not have to bid for a COE to register their taxis. Instead, they draw from the pool of Category E (Open) COEs and pay the Category A COE prevailing quota premium. Taxi Availability standards were also introduced, and taxi operators can grow their fleets by up to 2% per annum, subject to meeting the standards.

3.     Unlike taxis, PHCs are essentially privately owned cars that have the flexibility and autonomy to take passengers, thereby augmenting our supply of P2P vehicles. Hence, PHCs are treated like privately owned cars under the vehicle quota system. Removing PHCs from the bidding pool and creating a new category with specific requirements, such as a minimum number of trips to prevent abuse would be difficult to enforce and adds to the compliance cost for PHC operators, drivers, and ultimately consumers.

4.     LTA will continue to monitor the P2P sector and study schemes for further enhancement.

Like their failed ERP2? 😂

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

64% private owner

28% PHV

06F097E6-A53D-4561-B29E-738C15554D17.jpeg

With 28% buying and supported by rental cashflow, there is still "no evidence that private hire car (PHC) companies have caused the increase in COE bid price". Even my toes are laughing.

The basis for the above statement, "LTA has been monitoring the market closely and over the past year the demand for COEs from PHC companies as well as the overall PHC population have been stable".  WTF, nothing that supply has dropped drastically and with the same demand, COE prices have went up and is squeezing out the next marginal buyer.

What nonsense logic. 

But I agree there should not be another COE category for PHV. No bloody end to this argument.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

With 28% buying and supported by rental cashflow, there is still "no evidence that private hire car (PHC) companies have caused the increase in COE bid price". Even my toes are laughing.

The basis for the statement, "LTA has been monitoring the market closely and over the past year the demand for COEs from PHC companies as well as the overall PHC population have been stable".  WTF, nothing that supply has dropped drastically and with the same demand, COE prices have went up and is squeezing out the next marginal buyer.

What nonsense logic. 

But I agree there should not be another COE category for PHV. No bloody end to this argument.

For limo service, it might be price inelastic and push increase in CAPEX to end users.

For PHV, it doesn’t make Biz sense to buy now. Hirer may not able to swallow the increase in rental. I am dumbfounded by this segment 

On 12/6/2022 at 10:46 AM, mikk123 said:

don't side track Brothers. We are discussing about the plight of our auto sales workers who lost their jobs due to up and down cycles of COE which can be avoided if we just even out all the supplies. But sadly, the person in charge thinks everything is fine and dandy, pat himself on the shoulder for JOB WELL DONE! 

I guess we must understand why he thinks everything is fine now, because the COE increase doesn't bother him much since their pay can afford them anyway. Now you see the issues here, the goose shout ' Pain, pain, pain....' the one who pull the feathers just treat it as noise. 

There are 600,000 COEs in total, every bidding exercise has only 1,000 COEs available, that represent only 0.16% of the total COE population, that would also mean that we just need the top 0.16% of rich car owners to compete for COE every 2 weeks, there would surely be  enough rich people  to support the current COE price level.

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

The basis for the above statement, "LTA has been monitoring the market closely and over the past year the demand for COEs from PHC companies as well as the overall PHC population have been stable".  WTF, nothing that supply has dropped drastically and with the same demand, COE prices have went up and is squeezing out the next marginal buyer.

What nonsense logic. 

No need another category, but their annual mileage is probably 5 times more, so just pay 5 times the successful COE premium. Same for company cars used as shared cars/rental cars.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

41 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

For limo service, it might be price inelastic and push increase in CAPEX to end users.

For PHV, it doesn’t make Biz sense to buy now. Hirer may not able to swallow the increase in rental. I am dumbfounded by this segment 

I don't know what is the rental rate now but I know taxi and grab ride fares have more than doubled from pre Covid times, especially during peak hours (fuel cost is higher but is just a component of total running cost and it has since come down but fares have not).  Hirer can probably afford to pay more. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

No need another category, but their annual mileage is probably 5 times more, so just pay 5 times the successful COE premium. Same for company cars used as shared cars/rental cars.

Should apply to taxi as well, then we can all pay more for transport. Huat ah! 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Should apply to taxi as well, then we can all pay more for transport. Huat ah! 

Taxi COE is based on PQP of Cat A.

Taxi rate is controlled more of less.

Taxi population is declining 

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Where got failed, coming soon in next few months 😁

Installation of next-generation ERP units delayed to 2023 due to global microchip shortage
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/new-erp-system-delay-vehicles-board-unit-lta-2319726

Originally was supposed to have charged by distance. Now is back to the same type of gantry system. A whole lot of nothing for the same shit. Isn’t it a failure

• Haha! 4

31 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Originally was supposed to have charged by distance. Now is back to the same type of gantry system. A whole lot of nothing for the same shit. Isn’t it a failure

2nd gen back to using gantry? source? 

then what's the point? 

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Distance charge will be enabled but is politically disabled for now.

• Haha! 3

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

64% private owner

28% PHV

06F097E6-A53D-4561-B29E-738C15554D17.jpeg

If you look into the details, non-private owned vehicles actually accounted for 35.5% of the 'Car & Station-Wagon' population. There were 1,723 company cars, which is mostly acquired by leasing and rental companies, including Bluesg... 

With these companies expanding their fleet aggressively currently due to stronger demand fuelled by high vehicle ownership cost, I am expecting the overall % to increase to between 38% - 40% by end of the year. Is this percentage substantial? I personally think so. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9