Jump to content

‘This is the worst I have seen in 20 years’: Quiet showrooms drive many car sales staff out of industry


Recommended Posts

Audi roadshow in VivoCity got many customers lei…

Got buy or not , I’m not sure..

BTW, A4 price @200k.. The SE told me the COE increased but car price no increase.. Like that also can huh? 
I told her my surname not Chai…She gave me a slutty smile..

Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me put it another way

You buy your mee pok at $3 (if you can still find at $3)

and then ah gong puts a $7 tax on every bowl of mee pok

Now yout mee pok is $10 and when the price of mee pok goes up

and the stall rental goes up and the price of gas and electricity goes up

and the price of fish balls and fish cake goes up and the price of bak chor

goes up etc etc

The poor mee pok seller got profit or not?

:D 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Audi roadshow in VivoCity got many customers lei…

Got buy or not , I’m not sure..

BTW, A4 price @200k.. The SE told me the COE increased but car price no increase.. Like that also can huh? 
I told her my surname not Chai…She gave me a slutty smile..

49876585338_b0f9de880b_o.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I belong to the consumer that is gnarly towards preowned vehicles.

With the surfeit of phvs and car sharing platforms, chances of getting a lok pok vehicle is a definite. 

I rather get a low end new vehicle. Emphasis on new, no crash damage or bodily fluid legacy. Then with such exorbitant prices, i can only hope for a drop in coe price when its time to renew or taichia. Even then, accept that owning a car is for the wan shui, wan shui, wan wan shui. I even not 9000 shui.

In our current time, we need the vehicle for elderly living a chair bound life. Its so much easier but then easy is not for us low end humans.

It may suit those for natural selection, its the transition process. I accept that after this vehicle, it will be the last.

Even my just wan shui friend, he also sold off his car and mrt his way. He can easily buy fool cash if he wants, which I think is the point.

No more loans, just flat out pay complete.

Have money in the BANK more impt than simple convenience for the orang kurang upaya?

Vehicles such as the freed /sienta should be protected for the oku.

OKU coe category?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karoon said:

9k is low income ya? 

If it's household income and you have house loan + car loan + kids crap - 9k per month would leave little margin.

 

However  , his range of 10-30 K seems a tad wide.

Edited by shrjun
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smwb108 said:

I guess I belong to the consumer that is gnarly towards preowned vehicles.

With the surfeit of phvs and car sharing platforms, chances of getting a lok pok vehicle is a definite. 

I rather get a low end new vehicle. Emphasis on new, no crash damage or bodily fluid legacy. Then with such exorbitant prices, i can only hope for a drop in coe price when its time to renew or taichia. Even then, accept that owning a car is for the wan shui, wan shui, wan wan shui. I even not 9000 shui.

In our current time, we need the vehicle for elderly living a chair bound life. Its so much easier but then easy is not for us low end humans.

It may suit those for natural selection, its the transition process. I accept that after this vehicle, it will be the last.

Even my just wan shui friend, he also sold off his car and mrt his way. He can easily buy fool cash if he wants, which I think is the point.

No more loans, just flat out pay complete.

Have money in the BANK more impt than simple convenience for the orang kurang upaya?

Vehicles such as the freed /sienta should be protected for the oku.

OKU coe category?

 

 

 

when one is loaded, it makes no difference whether got buy car or not. 5M dude say waste money buy car so only take bus and keep more money in bank. 30M man drive car  because of convenience and still got more 😂 

 

 

Edited by Ginyu
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

i like the way that Tesla do sales. Honestly, do we really need car salesman? Are they really bringing value to consumers? 

Sometimes i feel real estate agents are not really necessary as well, esp for HDB transactions. 

Kinda depends. For those time starved or lazy people, salesman is there to handle all the paperwork mostly.

But if you willing to spend a little time and effort, I think there should be option to DIY like housing. I bought my resale HDB without agent.

  • Praise 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

when one is loaded, it makes no difference whether got buy car or not. 5M dude say waste money buy car so only take bus and keep more money in bank. 30M man drive car  because of convenience and still got more 😂 

 

 

Of course there are people with $5m in the bank but simply refuse to buy a car, usually they are colour blind.  😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shrjun said:

If it's household income and you have house loan + car loan + kids crap - 9k per month would leave little margin.

 

However  , his range of 10-30 K seems a tad wide.

I think many household income now should be more than 9k, esp when wife and hubby are working. And salary for many people also not say very low, cause many are educated. Household income at least 10k to 15k for many.

Even for those who are 9k household income, and have house loan, car loan etc. Maybe many houseloan is pay thru CPF entirely, so still have money to spend on other things.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think many household income now should be more than 9k, esp when wife and hubby are working. And salary for many people also not say very low, cause many are educated. Household income at least 10k to 15k for many.

that's why BTO ceiling is raised to $14K

i guess within 1-2 years after Covid fully endemic settled down, the bar will be raised again to BTO/$16K and EC/$18K ...

must bookmark this post first .... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think many household income now should be more than 9k, esp when wife and hubby are working. And salary for many people also not say very low, cause many are educated. Household income at least 10k to 15k for many.

Even for those who are 9k household income, and have house loan, car loan etc. Maybe many houseloan is pay thru CPF entirely, so still have money to spend on other things.

Depends on where you working. Many SMEs pay shit pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

that's why BTO ceiling is raised to $14K

i guess within 1-2 years after Covid fully endemic settled down, the bar will be raised again to BTO/$16K and EC/$18K ...

must bookmark this post first .... lol

Have to raise lo, since salary for many people are getting higher and higher over the years.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...