Best fuel additive to improve RON?

Zack2222

1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

X1 no need put Octane Booster..just 98 is enough.

Noted. For non turbo car, have higher RON is useless. I was thinking that higher RON would help to improve the fuel efficiency.

1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

X1 is a 1.5,3 Cyls,Cat A COE Car..Put what Petrol or Octane Booster also won't increase the Performance.

I am not looking at performance, it is not a fast car to start with.

10 minutes ago, Zack2222 said:

Noted. For non turbo car, have higher RON is useless. I was thinking that higher RON would help to improve the fuel efficiency.

Nope...you right Foot & Traffic Condition is to get the best FC...City Driving..will have high FC...Check your Tyre's Pressure..pump a bit higher.

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Zack2222 said:

X1 B38 Engine should be a Turbocharge unit.

Just now, Jamesc said:

I have some dumbbells at home.

Anyone know how to turn the iron into gold or not?

:D

I very clever hor.

Turning iron into gold

Spray Paint is the cheapest way.

• Haha! 3

Just now, Zack2222 said:

13km/l, 80% highway 20% city, Ron 95.

O.k...seems like you foot a tad too heavy..my M240i same condition can get 11.5Km/L.

15 hours ago, Shibadog said:

Second this. This really works to raise octane, unlike all those tiny little bottles of octane boosters with big claims, that end up probably raising your RON rating by just 0.1.

But my experience is that can be kind of messy to get it into your fuel tank. You need to pour in a few litres from a big drum, no nozzle. Not a teeny weeny bottle. Smoking is a bad idea doing this.

I dont think it is for everyone or even suitable for regular day-to-day road use. From what I see, toulene seems to burns slower than regular petrol. Will shoot massive exhaust flames when shifting at high rpms, even if car not tuned for it. Likely burning air fuel mixture is exhausted out before complete combustion. The octane rating is real, confirm no knock. But it probably won't go well with emissions exhaust components. 

For an X1, not worth trying. In fact for stock tune cars, don't bother with octane boosters of any sort.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Zack2222 said:

Higher RON will not help with fuel efficiency as the car is heavy.  F48 should be about 1.4 tonne.

X1 18i should be 3 pot turbo 

9 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Ppl ask for octane booster you give him injector cleaner. hahaha. 

both can feel the boost. just sharing other products. Fuel injector cleaners are just one kind of fuel additive, or product that can be added to your fuel to affect your vehicle's performance and overall condition.

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Zack2222 said:

nah, fuel efficiency is dependent on right foot.

very little to do with higher RON, me thinks ...

Edited by Blueray
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1