Home power back up

Tianmo

Anyone of you set up a home power back up? 

Can share what UPS you are using and/or what other power back up you using. 

Comments and feed backs on the pro and cons will be good. ^_^

I am looking to set up something to back up power for my computer systems, including all the wireless system, so that can still operate for a while when there is a power failure or trip. 

Also looking to get a 600w to 1200w power bank for standby power. Any recommendations? ^_^[laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

You do bitcoin mining ? 

He is the kingpin for the darkweb mah. hahah. tikkok ranger always need a corner one. hahaha. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

10 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I am looking to set up something to back up power for my computer systems, including all the wireless system, so that can still operate for a while when there is a power failure or trip. 

Also looking to get a 600w to 1200w power bank for standby power. Any recommendations? ^_^[laugh][laugh]

Even if you have a UPS, during a power outage, the distribution unit of  your telco would have stopped, so even you could maintain wifi running within your house, you will not have network out of your unit. Of course if you are trying sync your data from cache to the permanent  storage before doing a proper shutdown, then it makes sense.

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

You do bitcoin mining ? 

He dun want any disruption while watching Jap AV cannot meh?

• Haha! 10

11 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Shift house

stay next to sgh and tap their substation 😂

• Haha! 8

UPS is designed to work for a short period only for the purpose of (a) providing interruption free power to critical systems during very short power outages (<30 minute)  or (b) providing a controlled shutdown in the event of longer power outages. For key installations which require longer power backup, the backup will be supplemented by alternate power source like generators for extended outages.

Depending on your need, a 15 mins - 30 mins UPS should suffice. It would be good to have UPS app on the computer to detect the power outage and initiate a controlled backup and shutdown after X minutes of power unavailability.

Have a look at some of the more popular UPS available (e.g. APC, Eaton) for home/general use to familiar yourself with the specs and features of the wide range of UPS available.

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, kermitfm said:

UPS is designed to work for a short period only for the purpose of (a) providing interruption free power to critical systems during very short power outages (<30 minute)  or (b) providing a controlled shutdown in the event of longer power outages. For key installations which require longer power backup, the backup will be supplemented by alternate power source like generators for extended outages.

Depending on your need, a 15 mins - 30 mins UPS should suffice. It would be good to have UPS app on the computer to detect the power outage and initiate a controlled backup and shutdown after X minutes of power unavailability.

Have a look at some of the more popular UPS available (e.g. APC, Eaton) for home/general use to familiar yourself with the specs and features of the wide range of UPS available.

Buy a laptop. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

KNN, I dont know what to say. 

Joker never taken seriously, and Jokers never take it seriously.  <_<[laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 7

3 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

KNN, I dont know what to say. 

Joker never taken seriously, and Jokers never take it seriously.  <_<[laugh][laugh]

U shd know la😁😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2