Home power back up

Tianmo

10 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

For whatever you are up to, TM, you need a diesel or petrol generator.  Just pour in diesel and crank have power already.

Capture.JPG

this probably work best.. the battery in UPS is the weakest link. and its a just in case. But if you are not at home and u need to feed into your home system and the power gets cut off, then BBQ liao

• Haha! 4

Any battery kept at constant charge of >80-85% is going to degrade faster. So that's probably one of the reasons why UPS etc also don't have a very long life. 

8 hours ago, Ingenius said:

For whatever you are up to, TM, you need a diesel or petrol generator.  Just pour in diesel and crank have power already.

Capture.JPG

come to think of it, you might just be right man. [thumbsup]

A generator was never in my  line up, but with a small petrol one, and new silent technology, it might just work without the noise and smoke. 

let me go and re look into the set up, a 2000-3000W petrol generator, a 600w battery, and 1-2 UPS might just do the work. 

Next is which one to buy? must be value for money. [:p][laugh][laugh]

So far yet to come across residential with e-power backup but UPS for fish tanks yes. Island wide failure very rare but restoration has priority. So, one thing is to stay next to LHL, sure faster one. 😆

Supercharged

Last time went to tengok a house off Jalan Kayu. Looked at exterior of neighbouring unit (Ferrari in porch) and saw like 8 aircon compressors. Read in paper months after that that he was a software pirate! Many machines to run so needed lotsa air cooling, I suppose

↡ Advertisement